PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Annihilation

deazone
09-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Copied from our forums:

I am thinking of moving Darius over to a 6.2 server, I have tested one and noticed several of the bugs that were on 6.1 to have been corrected. This move would not whipe out any characters. However it would require a download from Sony to play.

A lot of servers as you all can see have made the move to 6.2, and as the such migrating darius will allow players to experience other servers, as well as new players to join our server.

If such a move is made, it will probably be a week or two before it is finalized. Everything that has been updated thus far should be able to be transferred over, as none of the mob databases are modified.

I will be testing the 6.2 server on and off for the next couple of weeks, under the name of "Sacred Annihilation" It will be unlocked and several cheats enabled. Mind you this will be for testing purposes only and there will be a character whipe if ever Darius is to convert over. GMs will still have their place on the testing server, just pm me if you wish to partake. The testing server will not be updated with mobs, or the such, as this is just to check out how well the code runs.

For now Sacred Annihilation will be hosted on a PC, using DSL.. This will unfortunatly mean not as many players will be able to log in at once. I tried to run two emulators off of one server, however it did not function very well. Darius will continue to run on the dedicated server however.

Cheats enabled:
Level, Scrbespells, Zone, SI, FindItem, Mana, Heal, Findspell, Castspell, Invul, SetallSkill, Showbuffs, Flymode, Makepet, and Zone

If you see a command you would like entered, pm me.. I will not enable commands that will bring down the server, or other players.

Once again, Character's will be whiped on this server once (or if) Darius converts. Darius characters will be converted over to 6.2..

JohnRev
09-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Excellent, I hope I can get on Sacred, I've been trying very frequently with no success =P

JohnRev
09-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Using EQW I cant get past the initial splash screen loading to Sacred Annilihation. What is the run command to load EQGAME.exe patchme or whatever please? Ty. I want on =D

rrk297
09-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Was just on your server and i noticed a few things before i lost connection. Mainly i just wanted to let you know that the scribespells command and the findspell command are currently not allowed to all users.

deazone
09-11-2005, 02:34 AM
I believe players were being disconnected while I was trying to configure eqemu for two emuservers on my remote server, and also because when I decided to move the server over to my home pc, I did not have the correct external IP address for 5 of the zone servers. Hopefully the connectivity issues will now be cleared.

#scribespells, and #findspell should work on the next reboot. My appologies, I had made a mistake while editing the rights for commands.

To launch eq:

Right click on eqgame.exe in your everquest directory
Create a shortcut. Now right click on the shortcut and select properties, at the end of the target location add a space and type patchme. If there are quotes, leave the quotes in place, type patchme after the quotes.

To make life easier, copy the shortcut to your desktop.

Thanks for giving the server a shot :D

wodon
09-11-2005, 04:00 AM
I played on S.A. for a bit yesterday night and i enjoyed it. Although the scribespells and findspells did not work. But you said you fixed that.

right now the server won't let me in, it is saying "Error...String not found".

deazone
09-11-2005, 05:01 AM
I rebooted the server, so you should be able to log in. scribespells, and findspell should work now.

On a side note. The server is not updating player's locations.. While it appears you are moving around, eqemu believes you are where you spawned. This is the reason many people are unable to attack mobs, do quests, have their pets follow them, etc etc. I am working on the issue, hopefully I will be able to fix it soon.

vRandom
09-11-2005, 06:36 AM
I rebooted the server, so you should be able to log in. scribespells, and findspell should work now.

On a side note. The server is not updating player's locations.. While it appears you are moving around, eqemu believes you are where you spawned. This is the reason many people are unable to attack mobs, do quests, have their pets follow them, etc etc. I am working on the issue, hopefully I will be able to fix it soon.

That explains everything.... I'm guessing this is for the 6.2 version. Same exact problem i'm having on mine. Please post how you get it fixed :)

Let me know if i can help, though i'm not sure how....but i thought i'd offer

Thanks
vRandom

deazone
09-11-2005, 08:11 AM
The only thing I can think of is some of the variables in PlayerPositionUpdateClient_Struc have a larger storage type in windows vs linux.. Or I have an older copy of the source, however I downloaded it from sourceforge.

The clients continually send out packets that are either 36 or 37 bytes, and the server registers PlayerPositionUpdateClient_Struc as a 38 byte structure.

For now I am stumped.. I am new at programming.

vRandom
09-11-2005, 08:44 AM
humm, unfortintally i can't spell or program in c lol

Though it what you sound does sound resonable, i'm not sure the differences between windows and linux on the c programming side.

I did notice the expected 38 got 36 or 37.... I guess we will have to see if any of the other programmers can assist.... might post in the dev area...

:(
vRandom

nrellihan
09-11-2005, 08:48 AM
when i try to connect im getting a string not found(195) error=(

wodon
09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I get it sometimes too....what does it mean?

deazone
09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what error 195 is. Are you able to connect to the other 6.2 servers without receiving it? If not, my guess would be that it is client side, and would require a patch update from Sony.

Monalin
09-12-2005, 02:29 AM
It isnt client side because they've been saying they could at one time connect now they cant. I'm having the same problems i could connect to your server and now i cant. My guess is it has to do with the registration of a client on the server. Thats the only thing i could think of right now. Possibly something about the characters account is being changed when they log in for the first time or something they do ingame changes it. cause if its client side it would be more consistant. I'm wondering if u whiped the db again if people would be able to log in. Just curious.

[edit]

Just tried to log in again, and it seemed to be working fine, i got to the character select screen then it crashed on me whenever i tried to zone in. I've been able to play on your server before not sure what the problem would be. I have the same problem on FatherNitWit's Server too. Not sure why

wodon
09-12-2005, 04:40 AM
The string error doesn't always happens. Just here and there. I can usually get in to the charecter screen, but it either crashes or freezes while trying to zone in.