PDA

View Full Version : Released source code for 6.2 DR1

WildcardX
09-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Fathernitwit,

When you released the source code and binary, a day or two later you changed the binary release to fix a world.exe crash but I don't believe you also updated the released source code. I believe this because when I made a change to my zone.exe last night and recompiled, my world.exe crashed with the error message people first reported when the binary zip was released the first time. If possible, could you please update the released source code link with the second update so we have a working release frozen before we begin to make updates?

Thank you!

fathernitwit
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks, but I dont have time to care... use cvs

Belfedia
09-15-2005, 06:44 PM
If CVS source is up to date, I have time to care.

http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/download/EQEmuCVS.0.6.2.DR1.rar
I hope we will have a windows Working version with your work WildcardX :)

EDIT: Strange but changelogs is'nt up to date and i find opcode.conf different ??? I try to compil on linux, but i have many errors :( perhaps 0.6.2 is on another branch than LiveCompat.

vRandom
09-16-2005, 04:26 AM
Maybe,

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18990 could be helpful.

vRandom

cavedude
09-16-2005, 05:20 AM
0.6.2-DR1 is on the development branch I believe. That's where I get mine from. I have no problems with a Windows compile, including zone w/ Perl. FNW just writes the code and he's doing us all a great favor by doing so. As for releases it's people like me who handle that, so stop bugging him! :) Look at out a for a new server pack for 0.6.2 within the next few weeks when I am happy with the stability both under Windows and Linux.

sdabbs65
09-16-2005, 12:35 PM
0.6.2-DR1 is on the development branch I believe. That's where I get mine from. I have no problems with a Windows compile, including zone w/ Perl. FNW just writes the code and he's doing us all a great favor by doing so. As for releases it's people like me who handle that, so stop bugging him! :) Look at out a for a new server pack for 0.6.2 within the next few weeks when I am happy with the stability both under Windows and Linux.

umm K stable??? but not really worth Making a legit server with....
6.0 is best 4 now...

Belfedia
09-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm very newbie lol, i don't open my eyes and see the solution :(
thanks all now i have last source :)
I make a link for no-cvs friendly users :)
http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/download/EQEmuCVS.0.6.2.DR1.rar

hope that help :)

cavedude
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
So you're saying we should stop working on 0.6.2 and just concentrate on 0.6.0 which is using a client that is approaching a year old? To be honest, 0.6.2 is a pretty solid version. It's not as good as 0.6.0 yet in functionality but it soon will be. As far as stability is concerned, 0.6.2 is more stable than 0.6.0. I don't experience any of the little quirks or annoyances 0.6.0 would throw my way.

Sakrateri
09-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Keep pluggin Cave , You and everyone else is work is appriciated . thanks alot !