PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden_Zone<Dr_Zauis>

Dr Zauis
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Woot! My first day of testing my Server in public mode seems to be a success!
To all the people who logged in and were booted while entering starzones:
Please try again..I will keep the server up until Monday morning. I will try to keep the server open on weekends till I get the parts for my new box. Then server will be up 24/7!
OK heres a description of what I want my server to be about.
Semi-Legit. But able to zone to almost any zone. If anything I wont allow the closest zones to be zoned to(Gotta make a use for POK stones if I can add them to this new DB).
Custom zones including zones made with Openzone.
Items normally not available to players. Maybe custom items later!

OK..So Im still very new to Eqemu and the game itself so please be gentle
if I dont know half of what im doing.
If anyone has any problems please PM me for the time being. i will be glad to help.

Finally I would like to say thanks to all! A speciall thanks to all who have helped me get this going! Tutorial writers included!

Well time to make a few adjustments before restarting again.

Oh! And for those of you who may want to log in....
Forbidden_Zone is a 0.6.2DR1 Server on port 5998

Woodlife Treestrider
09-16-2005, 07:16 PM
If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...

Dr Zauis
09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...

Yep! I understand. But what is this word failure? I have no concept of failure LOL! Its keep trying till I get it right.

Dr Zauis
09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Well dudes..The weekend is over so my Server will be locked for the week. I will do it again for ya next week.

OK to all the people that have been getting booted off and not able to get in! Sorry Sorry Sorry! I dont know why..My Sister and Niece are getting in and playing for hours with no probs..Some others are getting too but I havent seen too many playing much..I think there is a bug that sometimes keeps a player on after they go linkdead or something..

I see I have 26 characters now in my DB..That means alot are getting booted
while trying to startzone for first time so I figure that happen 99% of the time. If you try once please try twice as I have had to do that myself.

OK...Again..Thankyou all for trying..Im getting a dedicated server set up to make this much better than my old test it to see if it works crap.

But it is working..Oh..BTW Im going to make Dulaks Harbor a noob zone so If I can get it somewhat populated this week I will open the zone for weekend.

EDIT>>And for those of you who have tried more than once or twice to get in this weekend..I know who you are HeHe...If you get in I will make you a level 35 or something..

Kaotikk
09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.

Dr Zauis
09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.

You are totally missing the point! I didnt even expect to open for public use..Im using 6.2 wich is brand new..Im running my server on a personal comp right now but have new hardware in the rack in the other room...ect..ect..

But I will remember you said that to me..And I will keep watching these so called good servers and see if they are still there next year. And we will see If Im still there or not. And If my server is down for any amount of time after I transfer to the new harware.

Oh..And thanks for not playing on my server! I dont I need people with attitudes such as yours taking advantantage of all my hard work.

EDIT>>Er..Sorry..Maybe I took to much offense to your comment. You are right. Im working on that.

Belfedia
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm think like you dr Zauis :)

johane
09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
You are totally missing the point! I didnt even expect to open for public use..Im using 6.2 wich is brand new..Im running my server on a personal comp right now but have new hardware in the rack in the other room...ect..ect..

But I will remember you said that to me..And I will keep watching these so called good servers and see if they are still there next year. And we will see If Im still there or not. And If my server is down for any amount of time after I transfer to the new harware.

Oh..And thanks for not playing on my server! I dont I need people with attitudes such as yours taking advantantage of all my hard work.

EDIT>>Er..Sorry..Maybe I took to much offense to your comment. You are right. Im working on that.

Dr Zauis, if he doesnt want to play on your server I believe you should be happy. Some attitudes are so indicative of what's wrong with the world these days!

Dr Zauis
09-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Gee..Thanks you guys for your support..I guess when you have to work so hard to get something going it gets kinda personal..

Anyway..I had intended to open my server last weekend but the perlzone thing came out and I was playing with that. And then I decided to compile myself and to my surprise had no problems once I included zlib.

But what I really want to say is that I have my "real" server going now and I am in the process of installing whats needed for the emu. So maybe not this weekend but very soon Forbidden_Zone will be up and open on a 24/7 basis!

Maybe my server is not nearly as exotic as some I have read on these forums but its not a PC with eqgame/ect.. running in background either. Should be very stable.(Redundant pwr supplies. Redundant RAID. 1gig ram. AMD 1700+)

Dr Zauis
10-10-2005, 02:46 AM
OK..Forbidden_Zone is up on a dedicated system now.And open to public!

Semilegit server but able to #zone to any zone. I used Cavedudes DB alot in making my own DB. However there are problems with spawns on the old zones. But one can still play them. No perl at this time. Once you reach level 4 or 5 then Dulak has some skellys spawned with Citymist loot on them.

This is a custom Server created by me for me as a work of art and nothing else. Also the hardware created as a hobby with stability and uptime of ut most importance. Thanks!

EDIT>> I have decided to allow ability to summon item! Im going to try to make a new DB that is correct in its pathing. I intend to use the new DB as legit. I will use this one for fun on Weekends maybe.

Dr Zauis
10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Update! I changed all mob spawns to Cavedudes new DB! We have roaming mobs in luclin zones! I added tutorialb spawns from JimmOthy! Im using the zone.exe from Server Pack2! Quests enabled now! Guards are working somewhat so be carefull! All new toons start in tutorialb now..

These are all changes made to the Nonlegit Server. Wich is now pretty close to how my Semi-legit Server will be.
For those of you who have been playing Nonlegit dont worry there are no other changes..Your toons should be the same as before.(except level cap is 70 now I believe.)
I should be going Semi-legit in a few days but I will run Nonlegit on weekends or every other weekend. Same DB so the work you have done so far will not be lost!
Thanks Jimm0thy! Thanks Cavedude and Dark Rogue Productions for SP2!

Dr Zauis
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi..Server will be locked and up and down for a day or so while I set up and test the Semi-Legit version..Again..Non-Legit will be back on the weekend.

Im very pleased with the amount of players I have been getting..Im not so pleased with my Cablemodem connection but its all I have to work with.

For the Semi-Legit I intend to add alot of items not normally available but it will take a while for that. Suffice to say it will be as fun as non-legit when Im done!

Thanks...Doctor..

sdabbs65
10-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi..Server will be locked and up and down for a day or so while I set up and test the Semi-Legit version..Again..Non-Legit will be back on the weekend.

Im very pleased with the amount of players I have been getting..Im not so pleased with my Cablemodem connection but its all I have to work with.

For the Semi-Legit I intend to add alot of items not normally available but it will take a while for that. Suffice to say it will be as fun as non-legit when Im done!

Thanks...Doctor..

Are you running 6.2 ? you seem to have a lot of issues.. i mean your Server

Dr Zauis
10-18-2005, 09:53 AM
No..It all works great right now. Except clients outside my modem will sometimes not connect. Others have a perfect connection though. Havent had any complaints. But yes Im using 6.2 and cant use the zoneperl at all from it..Im using server pack-2 zone.exe and that loads some quests crap wich works OK for me..I was just adding a cd writer to the machine while I was setting up my Semi-legit stuff.

Dr Zauis
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
OK..We are back to Nonlegit for the weekend..This is the only time Im announcing the change so come Monday or Tuesday if my server say Semilegit then I changed again..So the Nonlegit as it says now is Forbidden_Zone<Dr_Zauis>

OK..I also wanted to say I didnt get too many players while Semilegit but I got a few things done and Noobs are able to get some powerful stuff for free
right off the bat. Or in this case off the Merchant in tutorialb. Its also possible to trade your noob weapon for a Big Soul Devourer so Semilegit?? Nonlegit?? May not be very different..At first anyway!

bluejam
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Hello there,

I've just played on your server and the connection has been pretty good (me = European). But is there a FAQ or some kind of guide what's special/unique/cool about your server and how custom stuff works? For example, I couldn't get my weapons back from that "weapons" elve in "tutorialb". The "buffs" chick wouldn't respond to me either. Oh, and everyone that was online - around 7 or 8 people - just stood there in various zones, as if they were linkdead or afk.
You know what would be nice though? Some NPC in "tutorialb" that makes you level 30ish or more because the lower levels suck big time, even with that decent regen tunic your general merchant guy offers.

I'm not mad about the things I pointed out. I'm just..well..pointing out. :)

edit: ..and there was some 52 halfling dude online. How long has he been playing, heh?

Dr Zauis
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
For example, I couldn't get my weapons back from that "weapons" elve in "tutorialb". The "buffs" chick wouldn't respond to me either.

You are supposed to give your noob weapon to receive a Big Soul Devourer.
All others will not work and you lose them. The buffs thing dont work..Sorry Im pretty much a noob myself and dont know how to fix that.

Oh, and everyone that was online - around 7 or 8 people - just stood there in various zones, as if they were linkdead or afk.

That seems to be a bug of some kind..All of the sudden my server say something like Weather will change bla bla and player is linkdead..
Maybe I need to upgrade...No time right now though..

You know what would be nice though? Some NPC in "tutorialb" that makes you level 30ish or more because the lower levels suck big time, even with that decent regen tunic your general merchant guy offers.

Im working on better weapons and such..Xp rate is up some..There is a Nonlegit version on weekends..

edit: ..and there was some 52 halfling dude online. How long has he been playing, heh?

A Friend..I gave him a boost..Hehe..

bluejam
11-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Ahh, thanks for the reply.

..and crap, I've already destroyed the noob junk *g*. Oh well, monks do not have 1HS anyway ;).

Dr Zauis
11-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Ahh, thanks for the reply.

..and crap, I've already destroyed the noob junk *g*. Oh well, monks do not have 1HS anyway ;).

Its gonna take a while before Im satisfied with Armor and Weapons Im making available. Im new to the Game and EMu. And right now Im really busy on something else so I dont have the time...But soon I will find and include more.

Thanks for playing...

Kaminn
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I have a 39 beastlord on the server and I think things are working out pretty good. I did notice is that some of the named don't spawn. I don't know if I just need to wait longer or what. In unrest, I was hoping to catch the Fabled or regular undead knight on the upper floor of the tower, but in the three or four times I have been there, nothing spawns on the upper two levels of the tower. It isn't a bit deal, but I was just wondering if that will be the case on for all named.

Thanks,
Kammin (Rokk on your server)

Dr Zauis
11-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I have a 39 beastlord on the server and I think things are working out pretty good. I did notice is that some of the named don't spawn. I don't know if I just need to wait longer or what. In unrest, I was hoping to catch the Fabled or regular undead knight on the upper floor of the tower, but in the three or four times I have been there, nothing spawns on the upper two levels of the tower. It isn't a bit deal, but I was just wondering if that will be the case on for all named.

Thanks,
Kammin (Rokk on your server)

Yep..Probably..I could never get luclin and POP populated and have the other
zones work correctly...Maybe I can fix that someday..Sorry..

Thanks for playing..

Kaminn
11-11-2005, 06:52 AM
No problem. I was just checking.

Qinamen
11-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Server sounds interesting, anyway of getting ahold of the files to be able to play it?

Dr Zauis
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Server sounds interesting, anyway of getting ahold of the files to be able to play it?

No files are needed..Except if you are not compatible you are out of luck.
The Server is not really that interesting..Yet..I havent had time to put into this server for awhile but Im planning on it soon!

Qinamen
11-22-2005, 08:13 AM
ah .. erm; so it hasn't been up in a while i suppose? I've never seen it on the server selection screen.. and if i`m out of luck that kinda sucks.. lol I deffinetly would play this server quite often from what i see it's like

Dr Zauis
11-22-2005, 03:33 PM
ah .. erm; so it hasn't been up in a while i suppose? I've never seen it on the server selection screen.. and if i`m out of luck that kinda sucks.. lol I deffinetly would play this server quite often from what i see it's like

No..Its up 24/7 mostly..I meant you need to be compatible with the last patch before Devs stopped. Im on port 5998.

Qinamen
11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Grrrr, ok- guess im not compatable, was really hoping i could play.. But !; oh well :\

nadineemu
11-26-2005, 07:37 AM
hey Zauis :)

you got a fab server there... just a shame its so quiet :)

dont know if its just me... but i;ve been the only one on, would like some company once in a while :)

Nadine :-P :grin:

nadineemu
11-26-2005, 07:42 AM
are we able to keep our toons on your server? or do they end up getting deleted? id hate to put in all that effort to get my toon up, just to have it deleted and have to start over...

my little pally is 53 now :D

and is having uber fun on there :)

Dr Zauis
11-26-2005, 03:04 PM
are we able to keep our toons on your server? or do they end up getting deleted? id hate to put in all that effort to get my toon up, just to have it deleted and have to start over...

my little pally is 53 now :D

and is having uber fun on there :)

If i can help it. Your toons will never be deleted. I use 2 DataBases..So you will have separate legit and nonlegit toons..

Dr Zauis
11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
hey Zauis :)

you got a fab server there... just a shame its so quiet :)

dont know if its just me... but i;ve been the only one on, would like some company once in a while :)

Nadine :-P :grin:

Thankyou for your kind comments..I saw you on today but didnt have time to log on..Maybe people are getting tired of the Nonlegit thing..When I first started I had 5 zones full and had to start booting 8. I think the most peeps I have had is 8 or 9 at a time.

nadineemu
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
doh, so on monday ill be level 1 again :( /cry

iamjooish
11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
yeah, completely nonlegit gets boring after a while, semilegit with mechanisms in place to make leveling go more smoothly is many times more fun.

Just try playing the game dual-wielding 2 big soul devourers.... No point in it :p

nadineemu
11-27-2005, 05:00 AM
yeah i can see your point, but then, on the flip side its very hard to lvl at all, with no gear, no one on to group with, no means to buy armor or easily obtain anything, so takes too long to get anywhere... or am i missing the point?

iamjooish
11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah i can see your point, but then, on the flip side its very hard to lvl at all, with no gear, no one on to group with, no means to buy armor or easily obtain anything, so takes too long to get anywhere... or am i missing the point?

egh... on my private nonlegit I could zone, buy shtuff from vendors, or loot baddies so...

the game became meaningless for me since I could simply sneeze and kill anything in the zone.

I just meant leveling is a pain in general, on Live or those legit servers. Then you consider that bazaar, POK aren't implemented yet so no good noobie gear for small fortunes of plat, nor is anyone tossing out virtue, kei, haste, etc in PoK. That will probably change eventually.

It has it's upsides though, unlimited account creation and multi-logging several toons on at once (if yer smart).

I never got above level 35 on live, fyi.

Dr Zauis
11-28-2005, 03:54 AM
When Im running Nonlegit one can go to tutorialb zone and talk to Widjet the merchant. There is a Big soul devourer there and a few other items for free!
Sorry about the toons that cant use the Big soul. Im busy right now but later I will fix it so all can use it.

monoxideftw
11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
i log in, fall to my death, and get kicked to server select in less than 10 seconds

Dr Zauis
11-30-2005, 10:59 PM
i log in, fall to my death, and get kicked to server select in less than 10 seconds

Sweet! It takes me 10 minutes to do that!

nadineemu
12-02-2005, 02:28 AM
iamjooish, yeah i can see where your coming from now... first thing i did to my server is get PoK working lol though i shouldnt plug my server within Dr Zauis's server post :P

thx1135
12-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Had a lot of fun. This has been the only non legit server that works since I have been trying emus.

Keep up the good work, I had a blast today, even if it was by myself.

Dr Zauis
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks..I have been sick these past few days and didnt get a chance to change back to legit. I guess Ill leave it non-legit for the rest of the week then.

thx1135
12-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Will I lose my Monk I made?

He's an awesome monster right now, he's exactly the knid of monk I could never make in live no matter how hard I tried.

Dr Zauis
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Will I lose my Monk I made?

He's an awesome monster right now, he's exactly the knid of monk I could never make in live no matter how hard I tried.

When I go legit you have to make a new character if you want to play that way. But when I go Nonlegit you get your Monk back..So you wont lose it. You will have to wait for nonlegit again. I usually try for weekends but it can be anytime I feel like changing. Legit mode is fun too..But I need to add more weapons. So pick a toon that can use the Big Soul Devourer for now.

thx1135
12-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Glad to know the monk will be around, big thumbs up for you.

lightleaf
01-07-2006, 07:54 AM
[~RD~ As clearly stated in the forum rules, asking for copyrighted files is not permitted be it in a public post or PM.

Please do not attempt to use PM's to do what you know you shouldn't be using this forum at all to do.]

Dr Zauis
01-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Hmm? maybe the problem was on my end. My Sister try to get on and couldnt log in so I tried to restart the comp and now it wont even go to bios.
I think Im going to pull the pci RAID card in it. I think thats it. Processor must be fine. It sits at blinking cursor.

OK so I guess Forbidden_Zone is down for awhile..I guess Ill have to make some time to fix this..Sorry..

gottasummer
01-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Reminds me of my laptop, how I miss it, it should arrive soon, I had to sent it out to be fixed, a month and a half so far..... motherboard failed.

Anyway, I know this is off topic and all, but I have a gig of additional RAM sitting up on the cornor of my desk for it... excited to get it in, used to enjoy playing EQ on it while taking notes, and I will admit, even though its only 1.5GHZ with 1.3GB RAM, it sure did a good job at compiling programs, and rendering images.

Hmm? maybe the problem was on my end. My Sister try to get on and couldnt log in so I tried to restart the comp and now it wont even go to bios.
I think Im going to pull the pci RAID card in it. I think thats it. Processor must be fine. It sits at blinking cursor.

OK so I guess Forbidden_Zone is down for awhile..I guess Ill have to make some time to fix this..Sorry..

Dr Zauis
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey all..Sorry I was down for awhile..I got really busy on another project and didnt have time to fix things.
Anyway..Im running nonlegit for time being..Im playing on PEQ to check out the new advances..Wouldnt it be cool to have luclin and to be able to use bazaar properly? Bazaar not so much for my server but I would play alot more on PEQ just to trade at bazaar!

OK..I hope I can find time to improve my server soon..Seeya..

sdabbs65
02-02-2006, 06:04 AM

When all else fails you can always shove coins in the usb port like I do.

xvirus2501
02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I would love to play your server Dr. but unfortantely I am un able sense I have current EQlive and EQemu not being compatible at or after 9/13

Dr Zauis
02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
When all else fails you can always shove coins in the usb port like I do.

LOL..Maybe Ill buy a Mobo with RAID..Or buy a good UPS and never let it shut down again.

Dr Zauis
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I would love to play your server Dr. but unfortantely I am un able sense I have current EQlive and EQemu not being compatible at or after 9/13

Thanks..And I hope you can find a solution to your problem.

Dr Zauis
02-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Hi all..
I have enabled a few commands for players to make the Nonlegit mode of my server more enjoyable!
#Setxp..You can set your level with this command!
#Flymode..Enables one to fly like a bird! LOL
#Gmspeed..Way faster than the fastest Bard speed!
#Makepet..Anyone can have a pet! Race numbers can be found in wiki or in the EQemu guidebook..I just use global models like Cazic_Thule #95 or Werewolf #14
#Attack Cause an npc to attack another npc or pc! I am going to check to see if I can enable the command to show the real names of npcs and races.

OK..Have fun all! And as for the Semilegit mode I intend to try to convert my DB to be compatible with PEQ database and upgrade the server but for now its on the back burner. But I intend to keep players info so that whoever has been playing will not lose all they have worked for.

Thanks for playing! Doctor_Zaius..

Dr Zauis
02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Due to the fact that Im getting alot of zone.exe crashes lately Im now booting 12 zones instead of 8. I just took a peek at the server and there were only 2 zones up! So I hope I wont have to restart again for awhile.
Also..Now that we can see on server select the total users logged in to server I see that the linkdead players always remain logged in. When I reach 25 players I will restart the server. I think Im going to have to learn C++ so that I can try to make a way to log out the players if they go linkdead or dont move for 20 minutes or so.

Also..I think I will try a server on Win98se to see if it works any better. If not
maybe I will scrap Windows and learn linux. Or whatever it takes to stop the crashing.

Finally..I have enabled the command #npcstats. I think that will give the info for the mobs race and real name to use for the #makepet command and #attack command.

Things to do.. List my server in the wikki. Learn Apache and set up a website for the server. Learn as much as I can about computers communicating on the internet and security. I dont know very much about it as I have only had a modern computer for 3 or 4 years now and Im still looking for the cassette player! LOL!

Thanks for playing! Dr_Zauis..

Belfedia
02-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Some advices (if can help)

Make Many virtual memory (if you have 512 mo take 1go VM)
Don't forget to set in the database, the holdzone parameter to 1 (Zone crashed restart automatic if possible)
Don't use Windows98 for server, prefer windows2000/xp or if you can't make other thing Windows98se.
Eqemu is better stable on linux than windows.

Dr Zauis
02-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Some advices (if can help)

Make Many virtual memory (if you have 512 mo take 1go VM)
Don't forget to set in the database, the holdzone parameter to 1 (Zone crashed restart automatic if possible)
Don't use Windows98 for server, prefer windows2000/xp or if you can't make other thing Windows98se.
Eqemu is better stable on linux than windows.

Thanks Belfadia..I have 1gig and nothing but what I need to run the server on the OS so I think thats OK.

Yes I have the autostart feature on but it dont restart when crash. Or maybe its not on for some reason. I will check variables in database to make sure.

I guess I go linux then....I will try to do this sometime this Summer..LOL

Belfedia
02-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Hehe, put eqemu on linux isn't very hard, i make it and i don't know linux before :)
I'm remember a eqemu windows version on 0.6.0 DR3 making crash like you :(
Never find a solution :(

Dr Zauis
02-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Hehe, put eqemu on linux isn't very hard, i make it and i don't know linux before :)
I'm remember a eqemu windows version on 0.6.0 DR3 making crash like you :(
Never find a solution :(

OK..I did have the holdzones set to 1 so maybe it dont work with Serverpack2. I know what its supposed to do cause I had it working when I was using PEQ database and the devs release server and/or SP1.(6.1)

Now..FYI..With SP1 or Devs release I could easily boot zone.exe and have no crashes. However when I booted zoneperl.exe it crash everytime I hail an npc that normally have no response. No crashing if I hail npc that have something to say.

SP2 have something different. I have zone.exe and no zoneperl.exe however
its zone.exe load some perl commands so I seem to get quests without crash most times but once in great while it crash.

So I know right now(Or 99% sure)that if I(maybe by changing default quest plugin or something)made it so all npcs had some kind of response like "Go away dont bother me" then zoneperl.exe will probably never crash and I could use devs release again.

rojadruid
02-19-2006, 05:55 AM
OK..I did have the holdzones set to 1 so maybe it dont work with Serverpack2. I know what its supposed to do cause I had it working when I was using PEQ database and the devs release server and/or SP1.(6.1)

Now..FYI..With SP1 or Devs release I could easily boot zone.exe and have no crashes. However when I booted zoneperl.exe it crash everytime I hail an npc that normally have no response. No crashing if I hail npc that have something to say.

SP2 have something different. I have zone.exe and no zoneperl.exe however
its zone.exe load some perl commands so I seem to get quests without crash most times but once in great while it crash.

So I know right now(Or 99% sure)that if I(maybe by changing default quest plugin or something)made it so all npcs had some kind of response like "Go away dont bother me" then zoneperl.exe will probably never crash and I could use devs release again.

Using the latest binarries from FNW from the download link and doing all the changelog things is working fine have not had any zoneperl.exe crash's in awhile.

BloodRayne
02-24-2006, 02:33 AM
These commands will make spell hunting a bit easier for people who don't know where to get all the spells..#sribespells and also for people who want all their skills at 255 #setallskills...I play on your server and i like it alot...it's just hard to find all the spells and also it takes a lot of time to perfect your skills. My Main chars on your server are Bloodrayne and Jetus...If you could do this, it would be a lot of help.

Thanks,
Bloodrayne

Dr Zauis
02-24-2006, 08:49 AM
OK..I will do..Sorry if I dont know too much about playing the game itself. I guess most people would think it obvious to add those too but I only played the game live for a few months. And then..I had to have control! Thats when I found emu! Perfect for me. As a kid I was never a player. Always the DungeonMaster! LOL!

Also..Thanks to Belfadias awesome links page on the wiki I found upgrades to SP2 from Dark Rogue productions. 6.3DR1 dont seem to crash at all!
Source files were included so Im learning at least something about C++ at the moment.
Soon you wont have to chase mobs to kill em. That feature dont work too good and cause mobs to get stuck in walls and "flicker in their positions.

Dr Zauis
02-24-2006, 09:33 AM
OK.. I didnt see a scribespells coommand. So I enabled memspell..I dont know if thats the same.
I also enabled movechar..So if you get stuck you can log in on another toon and move your main toon.
Others I also enabled today are setallskills..There are actually 2 types here.Setskillsall and setallskills. I dont know the differnce but setallskills works for the targeted player too. Maybe the other is just for player himself. I wont worry today wich one but if people use these commands to bother other players then I will disable them.

I enabled race...So you can be a differnt race but return to original when leaving the zone.

And zstats enabled...I think that give more info on the mobs..

BloodRayne
02-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks Dr. Z...That makes a lot of differance...Let me look up the name of the other command again...I will let you know in a min

Dr Zauis
02-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks Dr. Z...That makes a lot of differance...Let me look up the name of the other command again...I will let you know in a min

Hmm..Maybe if I try to add it in the addon.ini??? I think there is a castspell but I didnt see scribespell..

EDIT>> I see it in command.h so I will try to add it in addon.ini....

Dr Zauis
02-24-2006, 02:01 PM
OK..I didnt see scribespell in command.h but I seen scribespells and unscribspells..So I added them to addon.ini and set to 0 and started server and no errors so next thing to do is test it..Maybe I can do it later tonight..

EDIT>>Pooh..I had loginserver.ini set to locked so server was locked when I restarted..Its open now..

BloodRayne
02-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Ya..Me and a friend who play on your server knoticed that last night...It is nice to have a server admin who will put into consideration what his players ask...Thank you Dr.Z for putting those commands in.

BloodRayne
02-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Now for some reason it says that Connection to the login server can not be made...Please check your internet connection or talk to a server admin..or something to that effect

Dr Zauis
02-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Ya..Me and a friend who play on your server knoticed that last night...It is nice to have a server admin who will put into consideration what his players ask...Thank you Dr.Z for putting those commands in.

Thanks for playing! I do run a semilegit server at times...So when you finally get sick of nonlegit maybe I will be ready to switch.

Dr Zauis
02-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Now for some reason it says that Connection to the login server can not be made...Please check your internet connection or talk to a server admin..or something to that effect

Ya...Loginserver is down..It do that from time to time..Usually dont last long though.

gokudavid
02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey I recently joined your server, and I do enjoy it. Just wanted to say that here... thank you for all of your hard work!

Dr Zauis
02-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey I recently joined your server, and I do enjoy it. Just wanted to say that here... thank you for all of your hard work!

Thanks..It was more fun than work..More fun than I ever had on EQ live. I would like to thank all past/present/future for supporting this project.

I plan to do much more..Much much more...When time permits..

gokudavid
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey Zauis is the server locked for any specific reason??

And do you have a website... or would you be interested in making one?

Dr Zauis
02-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Zauis is the server locked for any specific reason??

And do you have a website... or would you be interested in making one?

It was locked by mistake again LOL,
Im gonna work on the website thing..Im not that experienced with modern computers yet. One day a few years back I decided to find out if anyone was
working on cracking the TombRaider game a had become addicted to by playing the kids playstation..Well I found out that its all been pretty much done. Woot! So I got interested in Delphi because of that. Now with this game I need to learn all new things. So I think its good to branch out beyond TombRaider as that game was created years ago with the builders own ideas about how a game should work.

bobfred1
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, As a necro I was summoning items and could not get the correct bonechip to summon skellys, kinda agravating hehe, are there any MOBs on this server worth fightign at lvl 70 by the way?

almost forgot, this is a great server, goodfeedback and everything, nice having an admin to it seem to care lol, would be neat if you had merchants with classes best gear or whatever, so everyone that is lvl 70 would have all spells skills and same gear, then maybe dueling or something to keep people coming back?

also is that setallskill thing up I tryed to use it, and it isnt working.

gokudavid
03-04-2006, 09:44 AM
#search bone chips

that'll give you the chips you need :)

bobfred1
03-05-2006, 03:55 AM
thanks bro, but when you search for bone chips 20 diffrent sets come up, and you need to summone ach one to see which are the stackable bone chips.

gokudavid
03-05-2006, 04:55 AM
It's the 3rd or 4th from the bottom... if i was at my laptop i could tell you more... but tahts the best i can do from work lol.

Dr Zauis
03-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Well, As a necro I was summoning items and could not get the correct bonechip to summon skellys, kinda agravating hehe, are there any MOBs on this server worth fightign at lvl 70 by the way?

almost forgot, this is a great server, goodfeedback and everything, nice having an admin to it seem to care lol, would be neat if you had merchants with classes best gear or whatever, so everyone that is lvl 70 would have all spells skills and same gear, then maybe dueling or something to keep people coming back?

also is that setallskill thing up I tryed to use it, and it isnt working.

Ill look into the #setallskill command..I thought it was working..Havent tested it though.
For mobs...Maybe bothunder? I dont know..I have alot of trouble keeping alive in those places at 70 so I must be crap at summoning the correct gear..I always look to LUCY to find gear and stuff. I only played live for a few months so I guess its up to the players to figure it out or tell me what is wrong.
I have a semilegit version of the server..So in a few months when everyone has had their fill of nonlegit they can try that..I switch back and forth between the 2.

OK..Thanks for your kind comments and thanks for playing..

gokudavid
03-05-2006, 07:10 PM
You can also expect more zones to be spawned very soon. Well as soon as I get some time away from work. Being in the US Military kind of makes it hard to do anything anymore hehe. But expect the best from the server. And I'll also make sure the mobs I spawn have good loot on them. I also plan on compiling a site with all of the best gear per class on Zaius's server. I'd like to make some custom items soon as well... we'll see where this all goes though.

-Dave

TheClaus
03-06-2006, 05:12 AM
I have a question.

What version of mysql are you using on your server?

Dr Zauis
03-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I have a question.

What version of mysql are you using on your server?

I think its 4.026...

swish
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
how can i play on this server ? it doesnt show on the list.

thanks =)

rojadruid
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
how can i play on this server ? it doesnt show on the list.

thanks =)

Post the contents of your "eqhosts.txt" file. You might be connecting to the wrong login server. You can also check the players guide on the wiki. it has all the information to get connected.

rllndg17
03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I had a question...It seems that anywhere between 2 to 20 mins after logging on to your server I get bugged and I cannot cast spells, attack, etc...I tried searching and found a similar problem with no resolutions posted...any idea how I can fix this? I messed with datarate and got no good results. I really enjoy the server so I hope there is a way to fix this

Dr Zauis
03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I had a question...It seems that anywhere between 2 to 20 mins after logging on to your server I get bugged and I cannot cast spells, attack, etc...I tried searching and found a similar problem with no resolutions posted...any idea how I can fix this? I messed with datarate and got no good results. I really enjoy the server so I hope there is a way to fix this

Are you doing anything at all when this happens?? Not everything works just right. If you have your datarate bar showing does it get red??
If so then I dont know what to do then.

Dr Zauis
03-08-2006, 09:40 AM
OK..For some strange reason my server got totally swamped last night! LOL!
So I restarted just now and crap..I forgot to try to fix the setallskills..
I also set my virtuall memory to zero! I hope that helps and not hurts..

GOOD NEWS! Seems that PEQ luclin DB has been released! I DLed it last night and will be trying to convert my players from the semilegit DB to the new PEQ luclin. Nonlegit will remain the same..(Cavedudes awesome DB)And wont be upgrading the version for nonlegit till there is a release from DRP on that.
Semilegit Im gonna try to get to 6.5 hopefully!

Thanks for playing..Sorry I only have cable connection here..

swish
03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
this i my eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

and now i see there is a another list of server on 5998 but when i change the eqhost i dont see any server on the list.
what is the problem ?

would appreciate any help =)
thanks

rojadruid
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
this i my eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

and now i see there is a another list of server on 5998 but when i change the eqhost i dont see any server on the list.
what is the problem ?

would appreciate any help =)
thanks

That would mean then that your client is not 6.1+ compatible my friend.

Dr Zauis
03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Well Ive been playing with DataBases this past few days and this is what I found out.
First..I think I was wrong about Dark Rogue Productions Cavedudes DB having a different sructure than PEQ..At least up until 6.3..This means that Im going to change my nonlegit server over to 6.3DR1 official release and run ZONE!
THIS MEANS NO QUESTS FOR NONLEGIT! It also means I will not have anymore zone crashes! Also mobs wont run away anymore!
6.4 is going to be more difficult. I guess the changes are zoneconfig(fixed it).
zoneflags(added the table).And npcpets(gonna try petfix .sql maybe..Also I think I have to do this for my PEQluclin DB too. I seem to have npcpet errors for that DB also..
I think I will be able to use PEQ luclin DB for the semilegit DB. Ive got it working now with all accounts and characters. But I think they will lose the bank items. Maybe I give em a week to get stuff out first.

Also I enabled #setskillall (I think thats it). Maybe that will fix the skills problems. Im gonna try to enable #spawn too..So players can spawn whatever MOB they want.

So I think nonlegit server will be much more stable in a few days..Im booting 20 zones now when I only need 12 at the most.

Skooter
03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
how can i get to your server's version?

Dr Zauis
03-17-2006, 05:10 PM
how can i get to your server's version?

..My version is the same as most..

Skooter
03-18-2006, 07:29 AM
alright...but i cant get to it because im updated to far

Skooter
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
you're server is messed up or somethin. whenever i try to join, it says Error String not found...

Belfedia
03-24-2006, 03:48 AM
String error isn't error from server but from your clients files...

Dr Zauis
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Holy crap! I was just on my server and noticed that even green cons attack!!
I had that problem before on my test server when using same DB but 6.4 version. Hmm??? Something must have changed in DB or something when I changed from the DarkRogue 6.3 version to Devs release 6.3 version during the experiment.

This is really strange..I may lock the server for awhile while I try to sort things out..That should not be happening..I may have to use a backup DB from a few weeks ago...

EDIT>>> Oh..If I do have to use the backup I will update accounts and inventory and stuff so I dont think anyone will lose anything..Maybe whats in the bank if anyone even uses the bank..

Dr Zauis
03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Well I reverted back to 6.2 and its working..Maybe I changed the zone.exe in that folder or something..Usually I rename the original first but there was none..
OK anyway Im back up on 6.2DR1 From Dark Rogue Productions for now..

Dr Zauis
09-26-2006, 07:15 AM
OK..I was busy for a while making some editing tools for another game and Ive got those ready for release so Im gonna have time to put Forbidden_Zone back online.
I think this time Im gonna go for a "Classic PEQ" type server...That means I wanna make it just like PEQ was when I first started playing on it..So think back to how PEQ was a year or so ago and thats my goal!
I wanna upgrade to 7.0 so I think all the accounts will have to be deleted but at least this time I wont have to try to upgrade all the time..
I see that some people have been doing what I was trying to do before..Thats combining PEQ database with cavedudes..If that can work Ill do that but if it interferes with the PEQ spawns I dont want it..

So now I have alot of work to do figuring out how 7.0 works..

It will be a few weeks yet..

GeorgeS
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I would run cavdedudes installer - it makes the upgrade much easier, then source in some of the newer databases out there...

GeorgeS

Dr Zauis
10-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I would run cavdedudes installer - it makes the upgrade much easier, then source in some of the newer databases out there...

GeorgeS

Yeap. I already did that and it crashed upon zoning so I decided to just go linux and hope I have no crashes. I had 6.2 running with very few crashes but Im dreaming of 7.0 on linux with no crashes if there is such a thing.

Dr Zauis
04-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Finally got busy this last week or so and Im up and running on Linux Debian Sarge!! The database(peq 6.6) I ended up using does not have pok but thats OK as I want to customize it and the others that arent popped. The quests files are Cavedudes but if some-one wants me to change to peq for a certain zone I will try to do it.
I made a custom item for noobs..Its not uber but it will keep a noob from dying..I replaced the glooming deep lantern with the new item in the starting items so everyone should get it. Nodrops are disabled or should be. XP is increased. #zone allowed...Im going to have merchants that sell good stuff! I mean all kinds of good stuff!!

OK..So the New name is ForbiddenZone and it will be locked for awhile so I can make some changes..Seeya..

sfisque
04-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Yeap. I already did that and it crashed upon zoning so I decided to just go linux and hope I have no crashes. I had 6.2 running with very few crashes but Im dreaming of 7.0 on linux with no crashes if there is such a thing.

there is, within reason. my linux server never crashes (has uptime measured in monthes). the only crashes i've seen were "known" issues with zone that have mostly been fixed in the last couple monthes by the truly dedicated devs.

== sfisque

Dr Zauis
04-17-2007, 07:40 AM
And thats the next thing I need to do is update to the latest release..Im using the same version 0.7.0-854 as the new linux tutorial..I notice it still have the Showowknight harm touch bug. I know what to do now..I study linux and know many commands beyond what is noted in the linux tutorials on this sight. Ive been up for 2 or 3 days zoning around and no crashes!
Ive been running a windows server as a test and have had a few crashes but not like back in 6.2 days..The windows server is same version as my linux so I would guess the updated version(windows) is even more stable.
Anyway..I had no problems setting it up with Debian Sarge.

Dr Zauis
04-27-2007, 06:34 AM
OK..Im unlocking ForbiddenZone for a while..I spawned tutorial zone and there are Merchants however they dont sell the uber items yet. But they might sell good enough stuff to get a noob going. GMs are also spawned there. Im not nearly done with this zone. The Forbidden Amulet is uber enough for a noob anyway.
Thanks!

Dr Zauis
05-05-2007, 10:16 AM
OK..I finished spawning Bazaar..Its the old bazaar so you have to rename the new bazaar files(bazaar.eqg)to something like bazaar1.eqg...Now...Usually thats all you have to do but I think Titanium CDs dont come with the old bazaar file(bazaar.s3d). There fore if you dont have it you will have to find it somewhere. Dont ask here! EQEMU do not support the trading of copywrited files. Note that you are gonna want the old bazaar files as the new bazar is very lame! I guess it was made to eliminate lag somewhat as the number of players grew on live. Since there is no way to have that many players on eqemu theres no reason to use new bazaar unless its something like PEQ is doing and one is trying to remain as close to live as possible.

On another note..Im making the merchantlists right now and when I figure what the prices of these items will be there will be merchants with changed lists so keep checking the tutorial merchants for new items! Its going to change and keep changing! All the mobs in my custom zones and merchants items lists will revolve and change throughout the life of the server..
The only stuff I wont change is the original PEQ zones except that I will add merchants and bankers in some of them..

Also...So far while running my server with Debian Sarge I have had no crashes and no issues loging in!

Dr Zauis
05-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I have 2 ideas Im planning on implementing..

1: I want to be a Dungeon Master like when I played D&D some 25 years ago.
So if I can get enough players to play at same time I want to use an empty zone and spawn mobs on the fly with one time drops! This way I can control gameplay somewhat and an adventure is a one time experience!
Can someone say Baron Sukemvit!

2: I want to use a zone like tacvi and make it a Raid zone for noobs! It will take at least 5 noob players to survive. So if a group of friends get bored grinding on another server they can take a break..Raid for an hour or 2 and end up level 15+ or so and with plenty of cash.

Bonus!! I figured out what models are used in powar so this will be a solo level for noobs! Should take at least twice as long as tacvi raid zone to reach same level.