PDA

View Full Version : Having problems compiling zone

dclark
09-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Hello, I am trying to make a server on linux since I have gcc and I am runing into some trouble. I have world working it connects to the net fine even with errors poping up in the compile, but I can't say the same for zone. When I get to database.cpp I get this error :

database.cpp: In member function `bool Database::GetInventory(uint32, char*, Inventory*)':
database.cpp:2902: error: invalid conversion from `const ItemCommonInst*' to `uint32'
database.cpp:2902: error: initializing argument 1 of `ItemCommonInst::ItemCommonInst(uint32, sint16, uint32, uint32, uint32, uint32, uint32)'

I found the code that is was complaning about, but havn't a clue as to what is wrong.

#ifndef WORLD
for(int i=0;i<5;i++) {
if (aug[i]) {
ItemCommonInst aug(aug[i]);
common.PutAugment(aug,i);
}
}
if (instnodrop)
common.SetInstNoDrop(true);
#endif

If anyone has any ideas please share.
EDIT: Ok I chaned ItemCommonInst aug(aug[i]); to ItemCommonInst aug(aug,i); and it was able to compile without any problems. That was the line giving trouble, but not sure if that is a good idea. Had some trouble with lib files but now I have a zone exacutalbe hopfuly it will work right.

johane
09-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Hello, I am trying to make a server on linux since I have gcc and I am runing into some trouble. I have world working it connects to the net fine even with errors poping up in the compile, but I can't say the same for zone. When I get to database.cpp I get this error :

database.cpp: In member function `bool Database::GetInventory(uint32, char*, Inventory*)':
database.cpp:2902: error: invalid conversion from `const ItemCommonInst*' to `uint32'
database.cpp:2902: error: initializing argument 1 of `ItemCommonInst::ItemCommonInst(uint32, sint16, uint32, uint32, uint32, uint32, uint32)'

I found the code that is was complaning about, but havn't a clue as to what is wrong.

#ifndef WORLD
for(int i=0;i<5;i++) {
if (aug[i]) {
ItemCommonInst aug(aug[i]);
common.PutAugment(aug,i);
}
}
if (instnodrop)
common.SetInstNoDrop(true);
#endif

If anyone has any ideas please share.

The problem is that there's a new object being named "aug" and there's an array named "aug" there. I think the C++ standard says they are in seperate namespaces, but I get that error with gcc-3.4. I worked around it by appending an "X" to the name of the new ug (the one that's a ItemCommonInst, so we have:

if (aug[i]) {
ItemCommonInst augX(aug[i]);
common.PutAugment(augX,i);
}

Note that although this compiles, I have NO IDEA if it's what should be happening...

Since my Linux box is so terribly underpowered I've given up trying to build a server that works until I can find a P4 class machine with decent ram that I can afford.

dclark
10-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I got zone to compile but when I start it up I get these error's.

[Status] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_zone.log
[Status] Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.2-DR1
[Status] Loading opcodes..
[Status] Mapping Opcodes
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] libEMuShareMem.so loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading doors
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadSPDat: !SpellsMMF.IsLoaded() (timeout)
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
[Error] LoadSPDat() EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat() returned false
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading guild list
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading titles
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading tributes
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_zone.log
[Debug] command_init(): - Command 'appearance' set to access level 150.
(Debugs all commands in the addon.int file)
[Status] 183 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Debug] Warning: Perl dosub called for my_eval when perl is allready in use.

[Quest] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_quest_zone.log
[Quest] Loading perlemb plugins.
[Quest] Loading perl commands...
[Debug] Warning: Perl dosub called for my_eval when perl is allready in use.

[Quest] Loading perlemb plugins.
[Quest] Loading perl commands...
[Status] Starting EQ Network server.
[Error] Zone bootup FAILED!
Connected to worldserver: archangel:9000

I guess the reason the zone bootup failed it because the SpellsMMF.IsLoaded() didn't load. What would cause this I got the spells_us.txt file in the sever folder. There were not errors when I compiled the ShareMem just got a few warrings not related.

MMF.cpp: In member function `bool MMF::Open(const char*, int32)':
MMF.cpp:213: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
Loot.cpp: In function `bool pDLLLoadLoot(bool (*)(), int32, int32, int32, int32, int32, int32, int32, int32, int32, int32)':
Loot.cpp:193: warning: cast from `const uint8*' to `int32*' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Loot.cpp:194: warning: cast from `const uint8*' to `int32*' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Loot.cpp: In function `const LootTable_Struct* pGetLootTable(uint32)':
Loot.cpp:203: warning: cast from `const uint8*' to `LootTable_Struct*' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Loot.cpp: In function `const LootDrop_Struct* pGetLootDrop(uint32)':
Loot.cpp:211: warning: cast from `const uint8*' to `LootDrop_Struct*' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

If you got any ideas please post.

fathernitwit
10-09-2005, 03:10 PM
just a note, it dosent look like your using code from cvs...
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DevBranch

its not gunna fix it, but you might have better luck.

Belfedia
10-09-2005, 05:32 PM
What is your distrib linux ?

I have a Debian sarge core 2.6
With GCC 3.3.5 (perl and mysql up to date)
and compilation is easy, no changes, i have just "Make clean; make" and that work !
here my source : http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/download/EQEmuCVS_09.28.2005.rar
for spell error use the latest Spell_us.txt (that work!).

dclark
10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
I have Fedora Core 4 and gcc 3.4.2. I tryed your source still needed to make some changes not as much, but still be the same error.

dclark
10-12-2005, 05:07 AM
I tried changing to a different linux box. It is Red Hat and has a gcc version 3.2.2. It complied everything with no error's what at all, but I still get the same errors when I boot of zone as stated above. I used the source from cvs this time. The problem seems to be with my spells_us.txt file. My windows server runs fine with it, so why wouldn't linux.

Belfedia
10-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Are you use spell_us.txt from last patch from sony ? that work fine :)

dclark
10-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Yes is before 9/13 my window server works with that file, but not linux for some reason. I would like a linux server because I can do compiling on it.

dclark
10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I founded out why zone failed to boot up I was starting the zone wrong. I was doing ./zone compID . 7790 compID when I needed to do ./zone . comID 7790 compID. With that said I still have problems with spells_us.txt. It does read the file and get the max spell id, but then something goes wrong. This program goes all the way to my cout << SPDAT_RECORDS; and then prints out the error message. This code is in net.cpp, function void LoadSPDat, and at line 746.
This is the zone output.
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
(This is the call to load)[Status] libEMuShareMem.so loaded
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading doors
(This is the secound try to load)(Function getting max spellid)(File is opened)8402(Max found)(NEXT)(This is the call to load)[Status] libEMuShareMem.so loaded
8403(I am here trying a second time adding timer)Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadSPDat: !SpellsMMF.IsLoaded() (timeout)
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
[Error] LoadSPDat() EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat() returned false
(Am I an this error)[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading guild list
[Status] Loading factions

and this is the code.
sint32 MaxSpellID = GetMaxSpellID();
cout << MaxSpellID; //ME
if (MaxSpellID == -1)
{
LogFile->write(EQEMuLog::Debug, "LoadSPDat() MaxSpellID == -1, %s missing?", SPELLS_FILE);
return;
}
cout << "(Max found)"; //ME
#ifdef SHAREMEM
cout << "(NEXT)"; //ME
if (!EMuShareMemDLL.Load())
{
cout << "(In the if statmant)"; //ME
return;
}
SPDAT_RECORDS = MaxSpellID+1;
cout << SPDAT_RECORDS; //ME
if (EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat((const CALLBACK_FileLoadSPDat)&extFileLoadSPDat, (const void**) &spells, &SPDAT_RECORDS, sizeof(SPDat_Spell_Struct)))
{
spells_loaded = true;
}
else
{
SPDAT_RECORDS = -1;
LogFile->write(EQEMuLog::Error, "LoadSPDat() EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat() returned false");
cout << "(Am I an this error)"; //ME
return;
}
If anyone has any ideas please share. I realy don't understand why this error is happening.

Belfedia
10-16-2005, 11:14 PM
yes, for spell don't use spell_us.txt before 09/13/2005 but LAST spell_us.txt (from fresh patch) that work better :)

dclark
10-17-2005, 07:40 AM
I got it to work. It now loads. I added bool FileLoadSPDat(); after my cout << SPDAT_RECORDS; because the code would go to that point print out the return falas error. I am very happy I can now log in to my server and do something and with the ablity to compile.

SPDAT_RECORDS = MaxSpellID+1;
cout << SPDAT_RECORDS;
bool FileLoadSPDat(); //This fixed it
if (EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat((const CALLBACK_FileLoadSPDat)&extFileLoadSPDat, (const void**) &spells, &SPDAT_RECORDS, sizeof(SPDat_Spell_Struct)))
{
spells_loaded = true;
}
else
{
SPDAT_RECORDS = -1;
LogFile->write(EQEMuLog::Error, "LoadSPDat() EMuShareMemDLL.Spells.DLLLoadSPDat() returned false");
cout << "(Am I an this error)";
return;
}