PDA

View Full Version : Guildwars-esque entity_list style object

Dakaar
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey all, I was searching for a way to track kills and I was poking through the files when i noticed that it accesses an outside guildwars.yadayada object, was this an external DLL,etc?

Im basically trying to track certain timers across zones and etc to keep people from gaining the pkitem multiple times in a row.

Can someone shine some light on the proper way to do this? :)

fathernitwit
09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
you can track special data per player by putting it into the extended player profile (extprofile), as long as you do not need access to it when they are not logged in.

you can set a persistent timer on a player using ptimers. theres a lot of examples in the code.

the guildwars object was not in a DLL, just a special code object. the GW code is floating around out there, but isnt too useful.. their DB was where most of the 'hard' work was... anyways, I do not recommend the way guildwars did their crap... impossible to maintain.

Dakaar
09-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Thanks 8)
ill check out the extended profile. Yeah no need for being logged in. Basically want to have a quest/command or something so that you can pay some cash and retrieve a corpse while being cc'd.

11-17-2005, 07:28 PM
on the other hand the official EQEMu code is very impressive, low and high break the windows compile, literally.

Belfedia
11-17-2005, 11:23 PM
This is not a program war !!! Keep cool :)
It was just hard to support guildwars code, with no devs.
Eqemu offical source isn't perfect, but with devs.

don't worry, be happy :)

devn00b
11-21-2005, 04:59 AM
on the other hand the official EQEMu code is very impressive, low and high break the windows compile, literally.
LMAO thanks image you made my day with this comment.