PDA

View Full Version : Squeaker Gaming / Scorpious2k - New Server

Firedancer
09-28-2005, 07:55 AM
IF YOU PATCHED TO LIVE YOU CAN STILL PLAY!

I have aquired the Scorpious2k Server and with the help of Scorpious2k, Dindoleki, and several of the GM staff have moved the server to a new dedicated server. Once the decision is made to bring down the old server, the database will be moved over so nothing is lost. At the moment we have a home at:

http://magic.squeaker.us

If you currently play on scorpiou2k or have a client for it... just log in like you would for scorpious2k.. we are on the same login server and show on the serverlist. The database being used is temporary and will be wiped when s2k goes down and the s2k data moved over so nothing is lost.

You are welcome to join us there. The server is running Scorpious2k's version of 5.7DR6 and all information for gameplay, login servers, ruleset, etc. will be available there. This is a gaming community that will also have information on FreeMMORPGS, Shooters, and we may even have servers set up for some other game titles soon.

Thanks

GM Crisco

Firedancer
10-03-2005, 06:41 PM
We are now live.

Also on irc://eqemulator.net/squeaker

Stop by the website at: http://magic.squeaker.us

Firedancer
10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Yes we are still up! Going on one month and we are in the process of releasing some Trials, a new raid zone, and a storyline to tie everything in. We are LIVE compatible, just stop in and register and we will get you set to play.

http://magic.squeaker.us

Look forward to seeing you soon.

GM Crisco

Rogean
10-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I have deleted 3 posts in this thread. The discussion of patchers on these forums is not allowed. Please take it to the Server's Forums. Thanks.

Firedancer
10-16-2005, 11:27 AM
One month anniversary has passed. Thanks to all that have made this server a success so far. If you have patched to live you can still play here. We have a website forum up and all you need to do is register, read the first few posts, and PM me and ill get you added to the community.

Some updates so far:

1. Trials are in and up.. loot will go in very soon.
2. Class top end armor has been created for level 130 and all classes. The quests are being written for the armor quests. The raid zone is almost finished. We are making some of the zone semi-soloable as well.
3. We have plans to add the Rind of Vulak soon. Customised of course.
4. A lowend raid zone is also planned.
5. I plan on adding to and getting the Windcatcher zones online as well. We have 1 already that is on the server, but I will try and get them updated and the other custom zones added as well very soon.

Thanks to all the people that have helped. We are also opening applications for Guides (all GM positions are hired from within). So stop on over and help us out.

We are on a dedicate server with a good connection at a good hosting comany, so the server runs well.

Thanks again,

GM Crisco

Suldaien
10-21-2005, 01:13 AM
So I log on earlier and the server is locked, I'm like 'ok, np, probably updating some stuff' well just a bit ago I go to log on, server is up... and all my characters are GONE. not only are they gone but I cannot create a new one after trying over 100 names ALL of them have been rejected by the server.. what's going on?! :? :-x :shock:

Firedancer
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
So I log on earlier and the server is locked, I'm like 'ok, np, probably updating some stuff' well just a bit ago I go to log on, server is up... and all my characters are GONE. not only are they gone but I cannot create a new one after trying over 100 names ALL of them have been rejected by the server.. what's going on?! :? :-x :shock:

Characters are not gone. The server is running and all characters are there. You logged in the night the server database had a connect issue. I rebooted the dedicated server and everything was back to normal.
Total downtime in the last month has been about 3 hours total. You happened to stop by on the one big downtiume we had. Other than that it is only a few min here and htere to add content.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

GM Crisco

Firedancer
11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Plane of Hate has been turned into a Raid zone and has very high end quested armor quests built for it. The zone goes live this weekend and is for level 130 characters. Come over and play and level up a toon and get ready for the fun this weekend!

Firedancer
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Hate is live and is pretty fun so far. Lots of changes happening to the server right now with damage and spells being added/adjusted/tweaked.

No downtime forseen.. we will make adjustments with the server in full swing.

Skooter
11-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Very awesome server guys. Lots of people play and guilds to help you out. Everyone should at least try it out

Kherrek508
11-27-2005, 01:38 PM
What expansions are being used?

Is the server alot like classic EQ???

mattmeck
11-28-2005, 04:51 AM
What expansions are being used?

Is the server alot like classic EQ???

Not even close

Firedancer
11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
You will need expansions upto Gates of Discord since we use zones upto and including that expansion.

As far as being like live. We have very little like live here as Mattmeck has said. For a live-like experience try the PEQ Grand Creation server.

This server is custom and levels go upto 130 for players and 255 for mobs. We have a mixture of EQ zones and Custom zones made by Wincatcher and others (the zone names are the same to make it simpler to #zone there.. but the zone is actually a custom made 3d zone that doesnt look anything like the original). The custom zones we have right now are:

Juno (based off of Juno, Alaska)
Mars (well this is supposed to be mars)

More are comming we hope as well.

dragonboy13
11-28-2005, 01:33 PM
<< edit, Welcome to Banland for cursing / bashing / personal attack, mattmeck >>

Kherrek508
11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't mean like EQLive, I mean EQClassic. (EQLive=EQ nowadays)

But anyways, ty for answering my questions! :)

Firedancer
01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Still going strong.

I have personally been away a little while with school and the holidays, but my GM staff loves what they do and are constantly working on ways to improve the community.

Alot of credit to Moedeve, Crun, and the rest of the Squeaker staff for keeping the community interesting and changing.

Stop over and see what is new.

Crisco

astemus
02-22-2006, 03:51 AM
Any updates on S2k status? Squeaker is going away...

sdabbs65
02-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Any updates on S2k status? Squeaker is going away...
well my shard is a clone of it you can always try there.
we are updated to 6.0 tho.
if the squeaker staff needs a home I'd love for them to come to my shard <G>.

Doughnutz
02-22-2006, 11:14 AM
well my shard is a clone of it you can always try there.
we are updated to 6.0 tho.
if the squeaker staff needs a home I'd love for them to come to my shard <G>.

Lmao, your server isn't a clone of S2k bud. It's just a bunch of DB's stuck together.

Belfedia
02-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Lmao, your server isn't a clone of S2k bud. It's just a bunch of DB's stuck together.

Mhh scorpious2k has sell 4 pack of db/software no ?
Sdabbs65 don't have buy one ?

sdabbs65
02-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Mhh scorpious2k has sell 4 pack of db/software no ?
Sdabbs65 don't have buy one ?

if I understand what your saying

yes I did.

sdabbs65
02-23-2006, 04:03 AM

well you must like it you have 6 banned accounts there. HEH.

Belfedia
02-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Sorry for my bad English, sdabbs65, I wanted right statement which you had as much right has to claim you scorpious2K than any purchaser:)

sdabbs65
02-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Sorry for my bad English, sdabbs65, I wanted right statement which you had as much right has to claim you scorpious2K than any purchaser:)
Well now that I think about it your both right as im a little bit of everything mixed into one heaping database thats 800megs and growing. it is mostly S2K tho and the stargates / items and and quests work from that Serverpak. so if you were to log into it you could be fooled.

maepoot
03-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Just a small update, Dark Realms was also using the S2K db as a base, however it may as well be considered completely seperate as almost everything was completely revamped. DR is now being shut down unfortunately, due to a C&D order from SOE.

There is a (possibley) server in the works using the Squeaker db, I'll post if it works out.