PDA

View Full Version : maybe this will help

wikidklown
10-02-2005, 12:18 AM
i just patched to live last night, i can log in get to the server screen i( i play on PEQ) so i went to my server and the loading bar always stopped on armor and equip, no matter what server, so maybe this is the area the dev. team should work on? then again i dont know anyhting of what they are doing and they are probably a lot smarter than me

Ghost Fire
10-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Here let me help you, if I can...

DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)

Sakrateri
10-02-2005, 01:58 AM
I just have to say it.....................LOL :)

wikidklown
10-02-2005, 11:51 AM
well then you will be interested to know that it had nothing to do with the fact that i patched it had to do with my gf's graphic card damn is everyone so rude on this forum?

johane
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
well then you will be interested to know that it had nothing to do with the fact that i patched it had to do with my gf's graphic card damn is everyone so rude on this forum?

Ouch! I feel for you.

The basic situation is that anything that even looks remoitely like it could be leading to "where do I get older EQ files?" will get jumped on very quickly, as the last thing people want is the Sony Lawyers having a valid reason to close this project down.

This leads to people being a bit quick sometimes to be a bit rude, and sometimes not bother with the "rest" of a post.

The other thing is that due to the same questions being asked 1,234,567 times a day, some people get a bit harsh trying to encourage people to read and/or use search.

As for your problem:

Am I right in assuming you've copied EQ files from one machine to another on your LAN, and now it doesnt work on the other machine? Try renaming eqhardware.ini to something else, and running the OptionsEditor proggy....

wikidklown
10-02-2005, 12:13 PM
thank you, i just bitched out like 3 people cause im getting sick of being flamed on here when i have a legit question, but thanks for the info... ill try it... btw is there any reason my eq would be kicking me off right after i log in... i didn't patch and it was working fine the other day btw.... i AM going to look at other posts for my answer, but if any is kind enough to post it here that would be nice, oh and for the record i know it says don not patch at the top of this forum (just covering all my bases)

Ghost Fire
10-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm still not, but i just patched to live last night, i can log in get to the server screen Tells me that YOU patched last night. So if thats the case you can't play.
Sorry, I guess I didn't understand you.

wikidklown
10-03-2005, 03:32 AM
its all ok