PDA

View Full Version : CoX Server

Ivel
05-25-2002, 06:24 AM
Just wanted to drop you guys a quick post letting you know there is an up and coming DAoC EMU in the works. Much progress has been made on the server including a complete patch server and encryption decoded.

Work is in progress for decoding packets for login and basic functions. There is no date for an Alpha server, but you can keep up to date on the progress of the server on our home page:

http://coxdev.mine.nu

The site will be moving to its permanent home in the next couple weeks. the URL will be:

http://coxdev.org

Thanks

Ivel
05-31-2002, 10:32 AM
The CoX group will be meeting at 8 pm MST (GMT -7) Saturday June 1.
We will be meeting in our public IRC channel located at coxdev.mine.nu port 6667 #CoXDev.

Everyone is invited, so please share this info with anyone you feel will be interested. The Devs will be discussing many of the core functions of the server, and will be delegating specific tasks to members. We will also be working with members of the public that attend to help the development of the server. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, Saturday will be the time to share them.

If you need to contact me, feel free to ICQ me at 105759436 or on mail at Ivel@CoXDev.org

Thanks
Ivel

Baron Sprite
05-31-2002, 01:01 PM
Is it open source? Too lazy to goto website :p

Ivel
06-13-2002, 12:36 AM
UPDATE

the win32 packet sniffer is complete.

also, the website has been moved to the new domain as mentioned above.

Ivel
07-01-2002, 06:14 PM
Who here plays DAoC?

what would you like to see in a DAoC emu??

post your comments in our forum @

http://coxdev.org

Shawn319
07-01-2002, 11:38 PM
I have DAoC somewhere in my pile of CD's but I dont use it anymore :(

Ivel
07-01-2002, 11:48 PM
opps... meant to post the following in addition to my post last night:

Wanted:
people with lots of c++ skill that have a strong desire to help develop a new EMU for the EMU community. (no, not another UO or EQ emu)

Not wanted:
players, whiners, beggars, bitchers or any other people to waste time.

For:
The purpose of this project is to build a DAoC server emu similar to SPHERE. this project is closed source. Here is what is done: Win32 crypt lib, fully functional patch server, working packet sniffer with crypt built in, login packets partially broken out, client files are in early phases of documentation. What we need are a couple of strong c++ developers that have an interest in building this EMU with us. We don't need high school kids who are taking C or VB classes next semester.

Where:
If you have a few min, go ahead and check out our IRC channel and site... post your comments, questions, concerns, and by all means, if you want to help out, the best place for you to be is in our IRC channel.

IRC:
coxdev.mine.nu
#CoXDev

or

http://coxdev.org.

again, this project is in the early phases of development, so questions like "When are you going to release a working server" will be ignored.

Thanks
CoX Team

Shawn319
07-02-2002, 06:04 AM
Ohh sure, steal our coders :) hehe

We are running at 10% here because our long term coders need a break.

Trumpcard
07-02-2002, 06:52 AM
The solution to that would be to recruit new groups of coders, and not limit the size of the team so drasticlly.

:-)

Problem is, because of the way this project is architectured, it's virtually impossible to give people the up too date access they need outside of a very select group.

That, in my opinion, is why this project won't last, but I hope I'm wrong there. This has been a fun project, and a great group of people..

Ariak
07-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Why do you want to emulate DAOC?

..Waste of time..

Ariak
07-02-2002, 10:46 AM
<=----

Highest on Gawaine - lvl 9 to 37.
First level 50 on Pendragon.
Former Hero Team Leader.

Listen to me when I say, "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS GAME!!!"

I have a LOT of experience in DAOC, lol. Beta, too.

Ivel
07-02-2002, 01:50 PM
honestly, the reason most of us are working on a DAoC emu is because of the following:

No one else has started one and we hate to do things that other people have already done.

Some of us have strong skills in certain areas, but want to learn new things (c++... hence the reason for this thread)

Others of us are just bored and wanted something to do :p

Ariak
07-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Help the team make the EQ EMU :) :)

Ariak
07-02-2002, 02:01 PM
I still have a 46.5 druid bot :P avaible if u guys need motivation to join the eqemu team (LOL) :) :)

Ivel
07-02-2002, 04:01 PM
I made an offer to Hogie about trading devs or the CoX team working with the EQEmu team, but he didn't seem to interested...

but after thinking about it a bit, it might be a thought to combine the 2 projects into one... reason for saying this is is because of the limited number of devs (hence the reason we are both looking for people) the other reason is because the layout of the 2 emu's is pretty much the same. c++ for the f/e with a db for the backend. CoX is a bit different since we will be using XML for the b/e, but we will also be supporting MSSQL and MySQL simular to EQEmu.

Ariak
07-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Best of luck!