PDA

View Full Version : Server problem

tkd1991a
10-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Ok I can get both of my computers on the server now and create characters and start the game but I keep having a problem with the world server crashing after about 10minutes of play (or once I start moving both characters around) I'm not sure what is going on as the world server window closes not allowing me time to see if there are any errors listed.

Also what type of system specs are required to run a server for say 2-6 clients.

I have a P4 2.4ghz, 512mb ram, 64mb video, and using LAN connection. Is that good enough to run the server and one client plus host at least one other client from a different computer?

as always thanks for any advice

EDIT sorry didn't realize I was in this Post Section. can you please move this to the general support section

sdabbs65
10-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Ok I can get both of my computers on the server now and create characters and start the game but I keep having a problem with the world server crashing after about 10minutes of play (or once I start moving both characters around) I'm not sure what is going on as the world server window closes not allowing me time to see if there are any errors listed.

Also what type of system specs are required to run a server for say 2-6 clients.

I have a P4 2.4ghz, 512mb ram, 64mb video, and using LAN connection. Is that good enough to run the server and one client plus host at least one other client from a different computer?

as always thanks for any advice

EDIT sorry didn't realize I was in this Post Section. can you please move this to the general support section

P4 2.4ghz, 512mb ram, 64mb video, and using LAN connection.

thats plenty for a server I run mine off something close to those specs.

tkd1991a
10-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Also i'm playing one client on the server as well.

Dr Zauis
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Also i'm playing one client on the server as well.

I have run with 2 clients..Plus me..With less than that..On the internet..Through a cablemodem..No problems.

tkd1991a
10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
ok so I must have some problem with my world server : (

while playing I noticed it seemed like the server was lagging as each character frequently appeared and disappeared on the screen

Dr Zauis
10-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Try playing on the client only..You should have no problems with lag. If it still crashes then I have no answer.I never had a problem with world.exe. All I can say is try different world.exes or opcodes or whatever..What version server are you using?

tkd1991a
10-13-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm using the 0.6.2 DR by Dark Rogue productions Team

Dr Zauis
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm using the 0.6.2 DR by Dark Rogue productions Team

I would just try swapping world.exes from other 6.2 packages to see what happens first. Maybe you should try running the server on the other comp.

But if you want to try a whole different server package you will need to use the RC-1 Database..I know for a fact the zone.exe from Dark Rogue only works with its own DB..

tkd1991a
10-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Everything worked very well last night with running the server off the other computer. (P3 733mhz 512mb ram)

as for using the other database I tried installing the PEQ database and thought that was successful but keep having an error when trying to start it up via the Rogue Project server startup so maybe I just need to get a different WORLD Exe for it to work....

THANKS again for all your help