PDA

View Full Version : Some servers work with new EQ patch

EQEmu102
10-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Shards of Dalaya worked for me on a fresh install with a patch to live on 10/10...

So as per the warning at the top, how can I set up a new EQEmu server and allow new users to play it with the most recent files? Some servers obviously have got a work around.

I've read the forums and I'm not quite clear on the differences in the server you run except that 6.2 seems to be the most bug free and up to date so I'd like to use it.

Thanks much.

EDIT:

Just for clarity I am not refering to illegal patching techniques... I did not have to do anything to the files after I did the latest live update. Is it because SoD runs an old server build? (5.3 or 5.4 or something?)

Belfedia
10-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Because some server distribute CENSURED for players with CENSURED, and say this is a CENSURED in place of CENSURED.

I'm not joking you !!!
I just respect Forum's rules (If not my message is CENSURED).
I hope, one member of project answer you... honestly...
Good play :)

Killawen
10-15-2005, 08:22 PM
I've read a bunch of posts, and I love the way you talk lol. Just had to say that Belf

sdabbs65
10-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Shards of Dalaya worked for me on a fresh install with a patch to live on 10/10...

So as per the warning at the top, how can I set up a new EQEmu server and allow new users to play it with the most recent files? Some servers obviously have got a work around.

I've read the forums and I'm not quite clear on the differences in the server you run except that 6.2 seems to be the most bug free and up to date so I'd like to use it.

Thanks much.

EDIT:

Just for clarity I am not refering to illegal patching techniques... I did not have to do anything to the files after I did the latest live update. Is it because SoD runs an old server build? (5.3 or 5.4 or something?)

are you saying 6.2 works with EQLIVE?
I dont think it does.