PDA

View Full Version : empire 2 transfer of ownership

surlley
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Is it true someone is going to be reviving Emp 2 ?

was curious as to what the plan was for the server, if they plan on bringing it back up soon. Or if itll be down indefinitely.

Thanks,

EliseusKayne
10-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes there is a new owner of empire 2 and there is work in the progress, emp tried geting up today but zones are bugged and crashing. They are trying to fix them. It may be a couple day it could take a little time. There is no ETA. But it is geting worked on.

Barl
10-17-2005, 08:24 AM
eli, it sounds liek your friends w/ the new owner, tell him to make exp faster and make it two teams instead of 3... :)

Woodlife Treestrider
10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
yes... please do. Make is Smuggx's Bitchs and The Rest of the Server... those names work pretty well.

TheMaverick
10-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Yeh, Empire II's back up under new Server-Operator, Trax. No characters were deleted, and everything's intacted. Except at the moment, you can't use the Sanctuary Sender, or Safe Move Character options and PVP points aren't in effect until website comes up, and it should be up surely.

Woodlife Treestrider
10-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Hmm. It will never be quite the same. Magoth was the only GM that made that server work. A word of advice to whoever takes control, do not make any GMs. Magoth did all that work by himself. GMs only get corrupt and ruin the server.

sdabbs65
10-18-2005, 06:04 AM
Hmm. It will never be quite the same. Magoth was the only GM that made that server work. A word of advice to whoever takes control, do not make any GMs. Magoth did all that work by himself. GMs only get corrupt and ruin the server.

I agree...
Man is evil! Capable of nothing but destruction!

Dymerius
10-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Magoth was doing a great job. What happened? I hadn't been on EMP2 for a while before hearing any of this. Did Mag explain why he was transfering ownership?

-kedra & co.

Belfedia
10-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I think that Magoth prefers to develop server and tools rather than to manage them ?

Woodlife Treestrider
10-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Emp2 was technically still in development. I mean he was fixing and adding stuff all the time. But he wanted to stop Emp2 to work on his GM portal.

surlley
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
so the servers up?

name of it? Still Emp 2?

checked now and didnt see it in the list, maybe i just come on @ the wrong times Oh Noz my epicz....

Magoth78
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Heya,

Yes, I've definitly stopped working on EMPIRE. It's the time for me to work on new things, the gm portal (that's almost 100% finished unless peeps ask for new commands), some web tools (various editors) and either a single player mode or a new server on 6.2, atm I dunno.

Belfedia is right, I prefer developping things that administrating them.

Trax is officially the new ServerOP. He owns everything related to the server (codes, binaries, database, quests, website, features).The only things I know is he won't make Empire running on a dedicated host wich, i think, is a mistake but its his choice.

Mag

Killawen
10-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Though it will be a few months(later february at LATEST) I'm gonna run the old ass database Mag had made public run with a dedicated server. Even if only five people play, IMO Empire needs to be on a dedicated server.

I don't -know- Trax or his brother really, but without Magoth, I personally do not think Empire will be as great. I'm not planning on doing ANYTHING to the database. I believe the original Empire with the original quests/zones/items was what we loved. I may take out lavastorm/solb(and epic2s) and keep it simple with the South Karana/Splitpaw zones and level limit 30.

I deffinately want full corpse looting.

I'll have to spend some time coding for the pvp points but shouldn't be long. Anyways, Magoth, reply what you think. I don't want to go through the trouble and money if you don't want me running it.

Woodlife Treestrider
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Yea like I said, without Magoth it is pretty dead.

Magoth, how you plan on making the single player deal? That would be really cool to have a single player EQ... a lot of good ideas could go into that. Well anyway, lemme know how it goes with that.

Magoth78
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
""I'll have to spend some time coding for the pvp points but shouldn't be long. Anyways, Magoth, reply what you think. I don't want to go through the trouble and money if you don't want me running it.""

-- Killawen, go for it :) there is no copyright on empire. If you want to see some PvP points code adds, check in the forum, there is an explanation on how to add them.

""Magoth, how you plan on making the single player deal? That would be really cool to have a single player EQ... a lot of good ideas could go into that. Well anyway, lemme know how it goes with that.""

-- The single player thing is a big project. A single man couldn't do that alone I guess or it would take ages. And even if that was the case, my english is not good enough to add some well written roleplay/story quests.
-- We can create a little community and write all the ideas on a paper at first.
-- What would be nice would be to have a little group of players who played different solo rpgs (bladur gates, morrowind, ff, etc...) to bring the good solo ideas. What they liked in thoses differents games, what they didn't, etc.. Also, we would need to have a coder who knows how to make possible to have multiples NPC's pets (3-4) in order to control a group. Each pet must have a certain AI (ex: cleric->heal, shaman->buff, enchanter->cc, etc..) and be grouped. That's a lot of work for sure but I think it'd worth it as long as the project is modulable and we can add things without recreate everything.

Well I think I will create a new website soon so we can start to write all the ideas and see if the project is really doable or not.

Mag

Dymerius
10-20-2005, 05:47 AM
How did Trax end up as serverOP anyway? Lol

Woodlife Treestrider
10-20-2005, 07:20 AM
He bought the files...

crazycloud
10-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Server will die soon, Trax makes his buddy a GM. He gears himself lvls himself to 51 and buffs himself and pvps. He also sticks up for people who has vaginas btw!.

PS: Magoth can you explain what Lev does and how its buged to the newbies who own the server. Because clearly its a warp.

EliseusKayne
10-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Lol trax is playing GM legit, but nice try =P

crazycloud
10-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Lol trax is playing GM legit, but nice try =P

Who said Trax was pking people?

EliseusKayne
10-20-2005, 11:46 AM
No one.......

Killawen
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
lol. thats funny.

Woodlife Treestrider
10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
It does not matter who is GMing... no one will ever replace Magoth as the only capable GM on that server. I am not saying this to suck up to him, I am saying it because Magoth was the most commited GM I have ever seen. Not only did he run that server perfectly and keep everything together and in line, but he did it himself. As far as I can tell/hear, Magoth has done more in one day on that server than most others do the entire length of their duration. So if you really want to find a decent pvp server, your best bet is to try DH (even though a few friends of mine played in one of the betas and said that server was no where near as great as everyone was lead to believe. I am not gonna say it's good or bad cause I have never played it, but that's just what some people said.)