PDA

View Full Version : Eq Admin

rs079
05-25-2002, 04:17 PM
What exactly do you put in the spaces in Eq Admin Preferences like EQ Directory,Maps Directory, Database name, Databae host, Username, and Password becasue i keep getting the errors
"Could not locate all item icons. Go to the Preferences screen and make sure your EQ directory has been set" and admin toll wasnt able to connect to database "" and all that

Baltar
05-25-2002, 05:44 PM
The eq directory is your client directory (game directory)
The map directory is optional (i set it to eqadmin directory)
If set it shows a map in the spawn tab, and where your
spawns are.

I'm assuming you haven't installed mysql yet. You must go
to www.mysql.com to install a database on your machine.
Your host is your database name. Your login/password are entered to access your database. (you can understand why eqadmin needs these things).

rs079
05-26-2002, 05:02 AM
I have Mysql. Ok I set my Eq directory to C:\Program Files\EverQuest which is my Eq directory. I set my maps Directory to C:\Admin which is the Eq Emu Admin directory. For username and password i put my Mysql name and password. For db name i just put db cause thats what the db is called right. Its the db.ini file which is the db. I also put db for Database host.

Hardy
05-26-2002, 05:41 AM
no, not db, what did you call your database in mysql? You created a database, its that name, not db. If you didn't create one yet, go into winmysqladmin, click the databases tab, and right click and choose 'create database' and type in a name then hit create. THATS the database :) Most people choose 'eq' as a database name

rs079
05-26-2002, 06:03 AM
Oh I see... ok I put eq for the Database name and 127.0.0.1 for Database host. I put my Mysql name and pass for the name and pass. The Databse part Works now Thanks :) Now I put C:\Program Files\Everquest for my Eq Directory and it still says Could not locate all item icons. Go to Preferences screen and make sure your Eq Directory has been set. Everytime I put
C:\Program Files\Everquest and click ok I get the same message as i said above and when i go back into preferences it changes it back to C:\Program Files

tcsmyworld
05-26-2002, 08:16 AM
did you try C:\program files\everquest\ ?????

Ironman
05-26-2002, 09:23 AM
I was having the same problem when just specifying the DIRECTORY eq is in.... Try actually double clicking on the eqgame.exe file when you are browsing to the directory. When I did that it pulled all my Icons in.

rs079
05-26-2002, 09:55 AM
Ok i clicked on eqgame.exe when browsing and it worked .

Thanks for your help:)