PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.2 released

wenis
10-27-2005, 07:21 AM
if i have yet to install EQ1 and patch, am i out of luck?

as in, i know i can't patch live, but is there a place to download the patch so that i'd be able to play?

Sakrateri
10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Instead of just shooting you I will repeat what I have posted elsewhere

Heres how IT works :

1: You buy the game and install
2: You connect to EverQuest and a patcher starts
3: When patcher is finished you hit PLAY and it takes you into the game

The previous is the way to play EQ Live . Otherwise know as the OFFICIAL EverQuest. The following is the way to play EQEMU:

1: The Devs say "we are compatible with live"
2: Everyone patches to live
3: Everyone changes their eqhost.txt to correspond to the proper EQEMU login
4: Everyone clicks on the eqgame.exe that they sent to desktop with the patchme fix on the end of it
5:Then hopefully everyone has fun

And then Everquest live has another patch ! Ooops did we all remember to make a backup of the version of EverQuest we were playing EQEMU with before we hit the shortcut to EverQuest and it started patching to live??
Well if you did not and you happened to patch to live then guess what? Well you CANT play EQEMU until the Devs once again say that it is compatible with live.

You can do a fresh install all day long with whatever discs you have laying around ....EQ Platinum , Kunark , Half-Life2, Doom 3,......Whatever you wish but it will still NOT allow you to play on the EQEMU servers ....But why you ask ? Well because in those patches you did miss out on between whatever discs you did install and the date they say do NOT patch after there were some important files that you need installed from EQLive that you can NO LONGER get. It does not matter if you do a version check on your Everquest you have installed , I can tell you that if its a fresh install it will NOT work.

I hope this clears some of the confusion you are having with this or at least answers a question or two , It all is rather confusing especially for those that have not been around it , This is in no way meant to be a rant nor a flame just hopefully a simplified answer to a question asked very often.

Now you may be shot !