PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out how the waypoints work

rmcgraw1
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
i figured out how to add waypoints with the #wpadd command but how do i find the way points for a particular npc so if i make a mistake i can delete them.

i know about the #wp delete command but im not sure how to find the grid number or wp number for a particular npc

any help would be appreciated

sdabbs65
11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
i figured out how to add waypoints with the #wpadd command but how do i find the way points for a particular npc so if i make a mistake i can delete them.

i know about the #wp delete command but im not sure how to find the grid number or wp number for a particular npc

any help would be appreciated

I think what you really want is #gassign - Assign targetted NPC to a predefined wandering grid.

EQEMu 0.5.0-DR2 used waypoints im not sure if they still work in the new version.
#wpadd [circular/random/patrol] [pause] - Add your current location as a waypoint to your NPC target’s AI path

#wpinfo - Show waypoint info about your NPC target
you have to reboot the server for them to work.
I used 6.0DR2 and they work there.
I hope that helps instead of confuseing matters.

RangerDown
11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
If you add a wrong waypoint, it might be a bit hard to find its number to delete it from in-game. If anything, you can always delete the whole grid using Mysql, then repop the zone and start using #wpadd on the mob again. Just keep in mind that if more than one mob is using the same grid, deleting the whole grid will sweep it out from under all their feet.

There should be a #grid command IIRC as well, which might let you delete grids from within the game. Though there were a few things still listed as "not implemented" in that section of the code way back when, so maybe not.

devn00b
11-24-2005, 07:19 PM
#wpinfo 0-49 - Target an NPC and use this to retrieve WP information assigned to it for waypoints 0-49.
#gassign grid_num - Target an NPC and use this to assign it's spawn2 point to grid grid_num.
#grid add/delete grid_num wandertype pausetype - Adds grid grid_num with the wandertype/pausetype as follows:

Wandertype
0: Circular. NPC will cycle waypoints in order, then head back to the first waypoint.
1: Random 10. NPC will pick a random of the nearest 10 waypoints and go to it.
2: Random. NPCwill pick a random waypoint in the grid and go to it.
3: Patrol. NPC will walk the waypoints to the end, then turn and backtrack.

Pausetype
0: Random half. NPC pauses for half of it's pause time + random of half it's pause time.
1: Full. NPC pauses for full pause time.
2: Random. NPC pauses for random of it's pause time.

or deletes grid number grid_num.

#wp add/delete grid_num pause wp_num - Adds waypoint number wp_num to grid grid_num with a pause of pause on the location you're standing at, or deletes waypoint number wp_num in grid number grid_num (just leave pause at 0)

To setup an NPC to a grid, simply #gassign an NPC spawned by a certain spawn2 point, and all NPC's spawned by that point will adhere to the selected grid. An NPC assigned to a grid will simply start wandering it after spawning.

rmcgraw1
11-25-2005, 11:01 AM
ok thanks that help alot