PDA

View Full Version : Patch Before 9/13

DaveReaves
11-25-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm hoping this does not violate the "Asking how to backpatch will result in a one week banning" rule I read about. If it does, I will take my lumps like a man.

I recently found this site and I am truly intrigued by the prospects of playing on one of the EQMU servers. I understand that you need the patch that comes before 9/13 to play using the current version of the emulator. The problem comes in that I uninstalled my EQ client long ago having canceled my account some time after Lost Dungeons was released. As such, I will need to reinstall and update my client from scratch. If I were to update my client today I would end up with a patch that breaks the current version. My question: Is there any way to update from a fresh install to a version supported by EQMU, or am I stuck waiting for an update that may be quite some time in the future?

johane
11-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm hoping this does not violate the "Asking how to backpatch will result in a one week banning" rule I read about. If it does, I will take my lumps like a man.

I recently found this site and I am truly intrigued by the prospects of playing on one of the EQMU servers. I understand that you need the patch that comes before 9/13 to play using the current version of the emulator. The problem comes in that I uninstalled my EQ client long ago having canceled my account some time after Lost Dungeons was released. As such, I will need to reinstall and update my client from scratch. If I were to update my client today I would end up with a patch that breaks the current version. My question: Is there any way to update from a fresh install to a version supported by EQMU, or am I stuck waiting for an update that may be quite some time in the future?

Read other posts carefully and you'll find the answer to your question. Now get ready for the lumps....

Cisyouc
11-25-2005, 12:37 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DoNotPatchWarning

That should answer your question.