PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to the american legal system!

canehdian
01-09-2006, 07:45 AM
http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=6022491&subj=news

i personally think that is the best law ive ever seen lol.

wize_one
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
It's illegal to annoy

A new federal law states that when you annoy someone on the Internet, you must disclose your identity. Here's the relevant language.

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

isnt this grand..

Sakrateri
01-09-2006, 10:46 AM
isnt this grand..

Gee Wize , that comment kinda annoys me ......lol

serafym
01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Gee Wize , that comment kinda annoys me ......lol

I actually got a kick outta that joke :P

I believe that this will not be strongly enforced, I mean, look at WarCraft3 and the such, where minors curse and such at older people, not like they actually WILL be sent to juvenile hall or anything

mattmeck
01-09-2006, 11:18 AM
MAHAHAHA good thing I saved all those PM's from people annoying me!!

Xabob your going down!!!

gottasummer
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Bigger question is who will be willing to hire a lawyer on "Internet harassment"... guess the person who hacked into my x-drive account, downloaded my phone book, and started calling and annoying me could have been in big trouble... blah

Belfedia
01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I prefer this news :

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/29/2319219&from=rss

Good christmas and happy new year to all the Eqemu's members.

Acolyte
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
MAHAHAHA good thing I saved all those PM's from people annoying me!!

Xabob your going down!!!

Mattmeck I have a PM from you from way back when you were doing RA with Mortenson. Back when I vanished. It's hella funny to read now.

RangerDown
01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I found this thread annoying being in General Discussion where it didn't belong...

so I moved it to Off Topic :D

mattmeck
01-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Mattmeck I have a PM from you from way back when you were doing RA with Mortenson. Back when I vanished. It's hella funny to read now.

Wasnt me I swear!!!!

gottasummer
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I prefer this news :

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/29/2319219&from=rss

Good christmas and happy new year to all the Eqemu's members.

Yeah.

Or you can always "lose" the music, and "lose" the hard drive, pop in a new one before they investigate, and then make sure its easy to get into your wireless network.

For me it is, you don't get a signal past the drive way, we do not live out in the city, there are trees and stuff, and the router isnt that strong...

Anyway... that is interesting... keep in mind, last defence could always be, "It wasn't me! Look, other people could access my network..."

haha