PDA

View Full Version : Donation Request

fathernitwit
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Folks,

The project has incurred a cost of $160 for a licences for the forum software and we would like to request donations from the community to help cover the costs. Doodman and I split the cost out of pocket. Please use the donations page on the main page to donate, it would be best to split any donation evenly between us.

Please make sure you are donating to one of the two devs, and not sourceforge itself.

Enough money to cover this expense has not been received. Thanks to all who donated, and sorry to all those who's donations were subverted by sourceforge, we are still trying to get that figured out.
Donors: gottasummer, solid11, cavedude, belfedia, rangerdown, BloodSpawn Server.

---- Purchase Information --------------------------------------------

Purchase ID: XXXXXX (Jan 09th '06 11:42pm)

- Existing License XXXXXX
--- Leased License Upgrade @ 160.00 USD (XXXXXX)

Total Order Value: 160.00 USD
Total Paid: 160.00 USD

Acolyte
01-09-2006, 04:58 PM
$10 for a cool title!

Belfedia
01-10-2006, 07:23 AM
$50 for your devoted work !

solid11
01-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I want a sticker for my shirt now that says I'm speshal =)

Keep up the great works guys.

typhoon
01-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Dropped $20 last night.. let me know if you didn't get it.

gottasummer
01-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I Dropped about $10 over the weekend to you, and my amount was not listed :(

Or maybe it was, because of the fees from SF and Paypal and all.

Anyway... if you need a copy of vBulletin... I recommend if you can, get the full license, I have yearly for one of my sites and its a pain in the ass.

Belfedia
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Name not appear in list if you don't log on your SF account :) like me :)

gottasummer
01-10-2006, 10:18 AM
I appeared on this list, my SF account is bitblaster. I was the second person ever to donate... shame on you guys!

I donated without being asked ;)

fathernitwit
01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Post updated.
Belfedia and typhoon, I do not see your guy's. PM me if you think it should have gone through and it did not, or if your having problems going through sourceforge.

gottasummer
01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Post updated.
Belfedia and typhoon, I do not see your guy's. PM me if you think it should have gone through and it did not, or if your having problems going through sourceforge.

So, I am assuming you got mine?

How much more is needed?

Also, if you use Invision, this won't happen... I personally like vBulletin more, but Invision does not require you to renew your license, only if you want updates

jenniferrose
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
My dad had trouble logging in. Cannonballdex, just fyi he donated today. Thank you.

cannon
01-10-2006, 02:07 PM
HAHA no wonder I had trouble logging in. :)

fathernitwit
01-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Just a warning guys, it seems that sourceforge's pages are rather confusing and some people have been "tricked" into donating to sourceforge instead of us. I put updated instructions on the donation page to hopefully help. Please be watchful and make sure one of the two dev's names are somewhere on the page for your donation, I hate to see people's money go to the wrong place.

If you have made this mistake, I would highly recomend contacting source forge to see if you cant get refunded (please post if you are successful).

typhoon
01-11-2006, 04:14 AM
You should have it now. I swear last time it said it was going to you also.

gottasummer
01-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Just a warning guys, it seems that sourceforge's pages are rather confusing and some people have been "tricked" into donating to sourceforge instead of us. I put updated instructions on the donation page to hopefully help. Please be watchful and make sure one of the two dev's names are somewhere on the page for your donation, I hate to see people's money go to the wrong place.

If you have made this mistake, I would highly recomend contacting source forge to see if you cant get refunded (please post if you are successful).

This is why a direct paypal link MIGHT be worth-while...

Koshoji
01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I sent $10 to each of ya last night. I don't care if my name gets on a list or not but I do care if the money gets to you. I clicked the donate button next to your names, but the last page looked as though it may have gone to SF instead of you guys. Hopefully it went to you. If you don't get ten bucks each from Koshoji would you mind letting me know? Thanks

fathernitwit
01-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately, I have only seen the donation from rangerdown since my last post. You can see the list of people who have donated if you click on each of our usernames on sourceforge, and then click on "view donations" rihgt below the "make a donation" link.

Koshoji
01-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Ok, thanks FNW, I'll see if I can fix this. Meanwhile, you guys keep up the great work. It amazes me to no end the things that you guys can do.

Sarepean
01-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I went to donate yesterday from school, but all I have is a Visa. =/ Must look into getting a Paypal account.. hmm..

typhoon
01-12-2006, 07:16 AM
I think I may have found my problem, I wasn't logged in when I made my donation, but each time it said it was going to FNW...

** I e-mailed staff@sourceforge.net about this with both paypal invoice numbers, hopefully they will correct it and get you the $40.00. **

If that doesn't work, any other ideas of who to talk to? I looked all over sourceforge and couldn't find anything or anyone to talk to about it.

fathernitwit
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
well it looks like a lot of people make this mistake...
from looking at this page:
http://sourceforge.net/supporters.php
it seems like about 1/3 of the comments there make you think people were donating to a specific project (going quite a ways back), not source forge, but they got misled like so many people here. It is unfortunate. You could try to talk to paypal and report exactly what happened, sourceforge misled you into donating to them instead of your intended target. Especially the people who put eqemu in their comments, I think it would be bullshit of sourceforge not to refund it... But chances are, all they need to do is not reply to your email and theres prolly not much that can be done.

cannon
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I donated but didnt see my name in the donation list. Like a previous post, im not concerned with my name showing, only that you got the donation. Here is what it said when I donated.

Thanks for donating US$5 to fathernitwitAccepting Donations. If you want your name (and comment) to appear on their public Supporters page, enter a comment in the provided field (up to 100 characters). If you do not wish to appear on the public Supporters page, leave the comment field blank. To proceed, click on the provided PayPal button.

Just noticed my donation is in the source forge supporters. Thats a ripoff. It plain as days says "Thanks for donating US$5 to fathernitwitAccepting Donations" yet the donation went to source forge. Looks like alot of other donations for other programs went there as well.

fathernitwit
01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
that might explain why so many people appear to be making mistakes. Please please contact source forge with this information and see if they have anything to say. If they do not respond, contact paypal and report the fraud, because thats what it is.

Sarepean
01-13-2006, 09:52 AM
"You all are doing a great job and are a service to all humanity" - Anonymous (Sourceforge Supporter List)

That was very obviously the comment of someone donating to the people that work on this project. =) Keep it up guys! You're a service to all humanity!

01-13-2006, 11:16 AM
SourceForge takes part of the donation as well which is lameness

Belfedia
01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I see my donation on sourceforge for Doodmanemu name, that ok :)
But i don't receive paypal email, that ok ?

RangerDown
01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
You can always review your past transactions from your paypal account.

qbvbsite
01-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Hey Guys,
Its been awhile since I have been around, Been busy with work and such. Great work on the project I droped $15 ($10 then $5) today hope it helps you guys out. Keep up the good work.

--James (Zer0C00L)

Arex
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
i want donate 20$, but i want to be sure that this money will go to eqemu team, i dont want donate to sourceforge, can i get the most direct method for donate correctly? i could income money on one bank account, it would be a easy and fast method, because i dont like give my credit card information, i believe that many people could to think like me.

(I have tried SWG,EQ II, CoH,UO, etc. but i always have returned to EQ I, i think that EQ I is a special game for me and many other MMORPG's players)

Thank You for make this nice project =)

fathernitwit
01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
we would preferr everything going through sourceforge for various reasons. Just wait until this issue is reolved please.

I submittd a trouble ticket related to this issue on monday, and they have failed to get back to me. My next step is to contact paypal's fraud division. If you donated anonymously to sourceforge and your name is not listed in the first post, PLEASE PM me your paypal address ASAP.

kouhei
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I donated what I could right. Since I had a EQ account sitting around I gave it up to FTW to be used for collecting items.

nightfallcity
01-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Sourceforge has not responed to any of my emails :(

cannon
01-26-2006, 11:32 AM
It's been two weeks and yet to hear from sourceforge about the donation. anyone else that donated and unable to get a response?

Belfedia
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
My miss donation is lost, sourceforge don't answer me also :(

cannon
01-27-2006, 05:20 AM
After just one day of filing a reversal at paypal. Sourceforge has refunded my money. :) Where to donate now? still at sourceforge the right way or is there a paypal email ect. Thanks

BlackWidow
02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
BloodSpawn Server has donated $100.00 to EQemu. Afterall, without EQemu we wouldn't be here. Thanks again for all the hard work! :-)

BloodSpawn Server
Owner/Admin Sdabbs
Lead GM Vilelilie

fathernitwit
02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank you much. Enough donations to cover our expenses have now been received.

Unfortunately, I have still not received a response from sourceforge or paypal reguarding the subverted anonymous funds. On another note, it appears as though sourceforge has fixed the anonymous donation problem, they just dont want to correct their past mistakes. :mad:

Arex
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
On another note, it appears as though sourceforge has fixed the anonymous donation problem

then can i already donate without problems? i want donate 20$ for give thank for nice work that u are doing =)

Belfedia
02-09-2006, 08:22 PM
More donation can be use for future cost :)

Dartan
02-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but... there are plenty of good and free forums available. Why not use one of those?

RangerDown
02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
We used to use phpBB, but it was rife with security holes, one of which got exploited to grant the attacker forum admin access. After that the decision was made to switch to vBulletin for the security and better functionality. Most users don't see the mod/admin end of it, but vb actually does have a nice array of management features.

Koshoji
02-14-2006, 02:23 PM
After about a week's wait since submitting a complaint about my donations not going where I had said they were supposed to go (to the devs), I finally got a response. It didn't say much other than acknowledge my query and that they would get back to me. Below is the response to my huffy email to them:

Greetings,

We are aware of the reported issue and are looking into the
problem. I don't have more details to report on the issue at
this time, but when I do, I'll post more details to this ticket.

Thank you,

David Burley
Quality of Service Analyst, SourceForge.net

In the meantime, where the f is the money???
Anyway, at least they acknowledged that there is a problem. If I don't hear back after a week I guess I'll take it to Paypal.

Belfedia
02-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I wait since many time a answer to my ticket, they only say me to be patient but i think sourceforge don't care about wrong donations...

Koshoji
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Just wanted to say that Sourceforge returned my money today. They emailed me yesterday explaining that it was a problem with their code amongst other things which screwed up my donations. Today paypal sent me 2 emails, showing 10 bucks returned to me from each donation I made.

Anyway, they are at least being responsible about it. Hopefully everyone else who complained will also get their money back. I would be happier though if they would simply send the money to where it was supposed to go in the first place, namely to Father Nitwit and Doodman. <shrugs />

Belfedia
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Just wanted to say that Sourceforge returned my money today. They emailed me yesterday explaining that it was a problem with their code amongst other things which screwed up my donations. Today paypal sent me 2 emails, showing 10 bucks returned to me from each donation I made.

Sourceforge returned my money yesterday by paypal ! Just my miss-donation (50$), not the second :) i'm happy to see my money back after some months...