PDA

View Full Version : Camp Corpse

HurtinuDaily
01-16-2006, 03:58 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering what the chances of adding code to have mobs stay where they are for a random amount of time (ie. 0 seconds to 45 seconds) after they lose aggro instead of just headng back to thier spawn. It is impossible to split mobs with a monk as it is now.

It should work like this:
Monk pulls mob then feigns death, mobs have a random chance of either heading back to spawn in 0 seconds 15 seconds 30 seconds or 45 seconds. that way mobs could actually be split with FD.

To make it exactly lke eqlive you would need to add a field to the NPC_types table because some mobs always head back immidiatly (ie. protector of zek) and some corpse camp permanently (ie. idol of zek, Avitar of war, Doomshade)

Just a thought,
Let me know what you think

Cisyouc
01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
While I understand your concept I do not understand what you are asking.

Are you asking if this kind of thing can be implemented into vanilla CVS or are you asking if this can, in general, be implemented?

ApocEQ
01-18-2006, 02:43 AM
I think he is stating that in EQLive, that's how things work, basically. Not to say all mobs have exactly those delay numbers, but monks can split pull with FD because mobs generally stick around for a couple second at least after you FD, while the ones you had not directly engaged wander back to their spawns. If I'm reading correctly, as it is now, the one you had engaged goes back the same as the other ones, and when you try to single that one out again, you get them all again, ad infinitum... no way to FD split.

So I'm thinking he's requesting that it be added to the actual CVS.

HurtinuDaily
01-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Hello,

I am requesting that it be added, I think it is soemthing that is really important to the game. Not sure if you want to add another field to NPC_types, but just making them have a random chance at hanging around after losing aggro would be good. I would attempt to add it to my own compile but I am still learning the code and am quite away from being able to do this.

If not thats ok too, just an idea.

unicorn97211
07-02-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm currently looking into this to further fix necro functionality. What may appear as mobs randomly deciding to walk back immediately or hang there for a few is not actually random from my observations on live. What happens is when you feign death, if a mob totally buys your feign death and won't remember you that mob will immediately turn and head home. If a mob isn't so sure of your feign and adds you to his feign death memory that mob will stick around for a random amount of time. The amount of time the mob sticks around seems zone dependant because in the average zone mobs stick around for a few seconds however go to a zone such as Hates Fury in LoY and they stick around for near 2 minutes. I saw mention that there are some exceptions with specific mobs, perhaps this would be a special attack to mark the mob as a corpse camper or leashed to override the zone specified wait time.

If you've done alot of splitting with feign death, you've probably noticed that when you feign and a mob immediately walks back towards home that you can get up aggro free as soon as the mob is out of aggro range. So this doesn't appear to me that mobs always do the random pause when you feign and some just happen to roll a 0 duration.

If they remember it's random between Zone Min and Zone Max pause time and if they don't remember it's 0.

I'll have to go pull some mobs under level 35 to see what happens when feign memory isn't in the mix.