PDA

View Full Version : Evolveing Items.

sdabbs65
01-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Anyone who wants to help get this going please pm me.
it will probbly take years to figgure out how to make it functinal.

A new kind of item has been discovered beneath the surface of Norrath, one which evolves as you use it. Evolving items gain experience of their own as your character earns experience. Some of these items will only earn experience from certain types of defeated enemies, while others earn experience from all types. As an evolving item levels, its statistics, powers, and even appearance may change.

An evolving may even gain particle effects, or have current particle effects enhanced. Hidden abilities may also be unlocked as an item evolves. Some evolving items may even possess an

Cisyouc
01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Is this something new in EQLive or something you've made up?

vRandom
01-19-2006, 11:34 AM
it's something new...

I also logged to the live servers, got the 21 day free return.

The entire interface has changed, more like eq2 i think

there is an evolving items tab now, though i dont have any items to know what it does.... lol would be nice to get it to work thought, always wanted an item to grow with my character...

kouhei
01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=sdabbs65]Anyone who wants to help get this going please pm me.
it will probbly take years to figgure out how to make it functinal.

A new kind of item has been discovered beneath the surface of Norrath, one which evolves as you use it. Evolving items gain experience of their own as your character earns experience. Some of these items will only earn experience from certain types of defeated enemies, while others earn experience from all types. As an evolving item levels, its statistics, powers, and even appearance may change.

An evolving may even gain particle effects, or have current particle effects enhanced. Hidden abilities may also be unlocked as an item evolves. Some evolving items may even possess an

wraithlord98
01-19-2006, 03:42 PM
How it works is - a portion of your earned xp is diverted to the item.. as the item gains xp - it "levels" like a player does.. as it advances in "levels" - it becomes more powerful until it hits it's maximum potential/power level.

sdabbs65
01-19-2006, 11:56 PM
How it works is - a portion of your earned xp is diverted to the item.. as the item gains xp - it "levels" like a player does.. as it advances in "levels" - it becomes more powerful until it hits it's maximum potential/power level.

Thats not the end.. they say some items can talk back in certin zones....
that would be very interesting to have your sword say hey bud there's a ghoul ..lets kill it...

Doodman
01-20-2006, 02:57 AM
Implementing evolving items will also require EQEmu to be live compatible, which were are not quite yet.

Some work is being done on it, but we're trying to focus on stability and functionality on the pre-9/13 patch instead of chasing live so hard.