PDA

View Full Version : dbase errata & pet issue

wraithlord98
01-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Been picking through things, learning bits and pieces here and there - and noticed the following:

1.) Zone id numbering has been incorrectly assigned, (according to the zone id #'s, short names and long names listed in the wiki) the corrections should be reflected as follows (in the zone portion of the emu dbase):

Qvic - zone #295
Inktuta - zone #296
Txevu - zone #297
Tacvi - zone #298
Qvicb - zone #299

2.) There's an error showing up related to the pets table (shows in the zone client window) - the error states "[Error] unable to find data for pet SumSword, check pets table".. this seems to occur in zones where there are enchanter NPC's - so I would assume that the emulator is trying to load the data for these pets and can not find it. I pulled the source pet cvs file to look at the code - and it looks like all class pets are covered but enchanters.

kleverenwitty
02-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Have you found any additional information to fix the error? I am also getting [Error] Unable to find data for pet SumSword, check pets table. in qeynos, additionally Felwithe isn't even accessable without crashing the client. Thanks.

TheClaus
02-28-2006, 06:45 AM
Did you apply the sql fix that is in the 0.6.4 server install wiki page. It fixes pets, npcs, and other things.

fathernitwit
02-28-2006, 02:03 PM
the sumsword pet is missing because we did not have all the information for it. like size and texture number. get me that and I will get you more SQL.

Theres a lot of less popular pets which suffer this same fate, some missing many more fields though.

hoopy21
03-29-2006, 03:44 AM
i'm having this problem with my server and i would like to help fix it if possible, but i don't know how to get the information that you need. if you can point me in the right direction i would be happy to see what i can do.

fathernitwit
03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
we need to create an npc_types record for the pet. so you need to figure out what spell is summoning that pet type so you can figure out (from live or fan sites) what values to put in all fields for npc_types for that pet.