PDA

View Full Version : Opcode mapping gone wrong?

CompGeek01
02-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Just compiled 0.6.4 (latest) from the /downloads.php page and noticed that I get a 1017 whenever I try to log on to it either from MiniLogin or normal EQEmu login. Before you get all fussy, I have correct files and I have played on other servers before the 0.6.4 release.

I guess my question is, did the 0.6.4 release change anything so that I couldn't log on to the newer servers, the 9/13 patch deadline should still be good right?

S2K (in IRC) said that I should try checking ports/firewall, but I'm not really convinced it's got something to do with that because I can log in to some servers and can't to others (like PEQ). On my server I get 1017'd and the server error is something like:

--------------------------------------------------------
(Through debug levels/prints)
S Translate EQ 0x2792 to Emu OP_Unknown (0)
[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world.log
[Debug] Unable to convert EQ opcode 0x2792 to an Application opcode.
Received 0x0000

(Packet Info Print Ommited)

[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world.log
[Error] Expecting OP_SendLoginInfo, got 0
Removing client from ip:192.168.1.1 port:3602
Removing connection
--------------------------------------------------------------

Although I'm no expert it looks like the server received a packet that I sent and labeled as OP_Unknown, even though the packet type 0x2792 should be mapped to the Emu OP_SendLoginInfo.

I'd try to debug further but I only have a few years C++ background and really don't know anything about reading/writing/debugging shared memory if thats where this is heading. Does anyone know why it's not translating this packet?

sesmar
02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
For the information you posted, is this while you where connected to Minilogin, or the Public Login Server.

Also I can see that you are behind a router. Are you running the server from the same computer that you want to run the client? A lot of this all matters for the proper configuration of the server and what IP the World should be listening on and what IP the zone servers should be listening on. If you could post a brief discription of your configuration, as well as the contents of your loginserver.ini and boot5zone.bat it would help to maybe find the problem you are having.

You can also compare your configuration to the one posted on the Wiki at:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServer64

You should also take a look at the Router Fix since it looks like you are using a router:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=RouterFix

And the Nat fix that is posted as well:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=NatFix

I hope this helps some

Dr Zauis
02-06-2006, 04:50 AM
I guess my question is, did the 0.6.4 release change anything so that I couldn't log on to the newer servers, the 9/13 patch deadline should still be good right?

S2K (in IRC) said that I should try checking ports/firewall, but I'm not really convinced it's got something to do with that because I can log in to some servers and can't to others (like PEQ). On my server I get 1017'd and the server error is something like:

You should try PEQ again..You should be able to log into it. 6.2-6.4 are compatible with each other.
I have had antivirus turned on on my server and get 1017 with opcodes 00
before. Im almost certain its antivirus/router/ect. NOT the files you have compiled with c++.

Belfedia
02-06-2006, 06:56 AM
If your EQclient is'nt compatible with peq server, something have change it ( wrong patch, etc...), the "DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 or LATER" is good but it don't speak about ALL version of EQclient before this date.
I use same EQclient since eqemu 0.6.2, and i can log on all server.
Are you sure you don't have a Eqemu 0.6.0 client version ? this is not compatible (Use evercheck for see that).

CompGeek01
02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
It was a shared memory problem like I thought in the first place, just not the same as I figured. I had a bad copy of opcodes.conf in the first place and didn't realize that the shared memory wasn't purged every stop/start of the server. Reloading all of the correct opcodes into memory produced a working server.

However, I still have NO idea why I can't log into PEQ.

Belfedia
02-06-2006, 11:09 AM
That very strange, but interesting to know why and how (for peq)
Perhaps speak in peq forum about that or with Fathernitwit.

And welcome to your server :) :) :)

CompGeek01
02-07-2006, 03:10 AM

Do you know if 0.6.4 is still having ACK/NAK problems with the client eventually (and seemingly randomly) stops responding? It's really one of the only things holding myself and a few others from playing. More info here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19881

We compiled 0.6.3 and no one could stay on for a few hours, but looking at the changelogs there doesn't seem to be much network code change.