PDA

View Full Version : So 9/13 patch and after no EQEMU ...

brendiraa
02-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Greetings all.

I'ved dontated a few times in the past under different names, and I plan on cranking out another in the coming weeks to show my continued support, however, there is something I wish you guys (the devs) would do for us. I'm prolly gonna get flamed for this <gluck> here i go ...

My harddrive quit so I switched it out. Well as you can guess, I lost everything on it. I installed EQ on the new drive, and ofcourse it patched to the latest live patch. EQEMU is broke now. My suggestion: isn't there any way you guys can set up a patcher to repatch to a prior state?? It would really make sense for people that are upgrading because there HD keeled over. Lesser know, inferor servers have one, why doesnt the best one have one? I've been a long time supporter of EQEMU and will continue to be a supporter for many more years. Please consider a patcher, or even links to a prior patch. Just my thoughts, thanks for reading.

mattmeck
02-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Simple answer, because its against the law.

If you have been around for so long and donated so many times you would know this has been covered hundreds of times, quite a few in the last couple weeks, all you have to do it read before you click that new thread button.

Belfedia
02-20-2006, 08:01 AM
+1 Mattmeck :)

brendiraa
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Simple answer, because its against the law.

If you have been around for so long and donated so many times you would know this has been covered hundreds of times, quite a few in the last couple weeks, all you have to do it read before you click that new thread button.

Links perhaps are against the law ...

So whats the excuse for not having a custom patcher? Surely using your own patcher isn't against the law. There use to be one if I recall correctly.

MrJag
02-20-2006, 01:49 PM
. My suggestion: isn't there any way you guys can set up a patcher to repatch to a prior state??

inferor servers have one, why doesnt the best one have one?

there ya go ..... go use theres and get the files you are seeking!
there is a reason EQEmu has been around longer and is better then the others
1 reason is they are strict about not breaking laws

if yu have been around so long im sure you had to of read this before you posted

Warez Is NOT Allowed
-This includes the transfer of any copyrighted material, including EQ Files and backpatches. Requesting files, even in a PM, will result in a ban.

mattmeck
02-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Links perhaps are against the law ...

So whats the excuse for not having a custom patcher? Surely using your own patcher isn't against the law. There use to be one if I recall correctly.

Because giving out copywrited material is against the law too.

Thread locked, this is all answered alsread go read.