PDA

View Full Version : 0.7.0 Released (Titanium Compatible)

fathernitwit
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Thats right folks. After slaving over a hot keyboard for weeks, Doodman and I are proud to present EQEmu 0.7.0. This release not only includes support for the version of EQ which is currently shipping on the Titanium CD, but it also introduces dynamic patch support so that players with different client versions can log into the same server.

Full details and release notes are avaliable on the wiki:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Dev070Release

This is not a stable release at this point, we just figured you guys would rather have something to play with. Here are some of the known loose ends:

completely untested on windows.
Uses 256k of memory per zone per patch for opcodes (they need to go back into shared mem asap)
No ability to turn off a patch without recompiling right now.

enjoy and please post bugs in the appropriate forum.

bushman77
04-17-2006, 03:49 PM
The gods have answered

Richardo
Awesome work guys, I love it!

Doughnutz
I <3 you guys.

Qinamen
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Amazing Guys, Truly Amazing
Thanks so much for all this hard work you've guys done and such...
#createitems..
*drools*
haha <3333

Branks
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
i love you guys, i'll get started breaking windows immediately

Branks
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
the .tar file from the front page is corrupted =/

Doughnutz
04-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes, the zip file in dls is corrupt. Tried to repair it but failed. Cant wait to try it out on my new project.

aza77
04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
try http://paradigma.no-ip.org/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0.zip

Branks
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
try http://paradigma.no-ip.org/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0.zip

your my hero, been waiting to play with this

Cisyouc
04-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Ahhh! Green in the forum header!! It's a sign of the apocalypse!!!

Seriously, this is awesome. I, who have admittedly been a stick in the mud about all the new code changes in EQEMu, find this an amazing feat and gone about very very nicely. The design of the code appears impeccable and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it (:

kripsinkurehall
04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Very cool. Can't wait to test this.

cavedude
04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Just compiled 0.7.0 and as I was copying everything over, a thought occured to me... what about the differences in the spell files between 0.6.x, Titanium, and down the line Live? Will that cause problems?

mrea
04-18-2006, 01:13 AM
This is great and everything but will any work still be put into 6.x?

If not I'll go out a pick up a copy I guess.

cavedude
04-18-2006, 01:18 AM
The server still supports the old 0.6.1+ client. That's what I have been using, no problems.

mrea
04-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Oh great, thanks for the quick response, cavedude

Doodman
04-18-2006, 02:17 AM
This is great and everything but will any work still be put into 6.x?

If not I'll go out a pick up a copy I guess.

Until 0.7.0 is determined to be at least as stable as 0.6.6, 0.6.6 will still continue to get updates/fixes as they should back/forward port between the two pretty easily.

Anything before 0.6.6 is deprecated and is not maintained by the EQEmu project proper.

Doodman
04-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Just compiled 0.7.0 and as I was copying everything over, a thought occured to me... what about the differences in the spell files between 0.6.x, Titanium, and down the line Live? Will that cause problems?

The spell file (on the server side) is only used to load the information into the server. So, like items, if the format changes we'll adjust the loading in of the information. Information for the spells will probably not change very much.

As far as effects and such, that's all done on the client anyways, so you're client will do whatever it wants to do with the right information.

aza77
04-18-2006, 05:06 AM
what is items.augslot1unk -> items.augslot4unk for ?? i'm missing them at our items table and they are listed at fieldlist.h to be loaded..

aza77
04-18-2006, 07:02 AM
lol nm i'm blind :P

mrea
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Fixed my problem :-)

Still have the same bug as before though... moving to support

aza77
04-18-2006, 08:17 AM
just copy all .conf files of the utils directory to your server dir that should fix it

Windcatcher
04-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm curious...does dynamic patch support extend to handling different types of packets, or just opcodes? I bring it up because I have code that allows dynamic packet handling that I use in the admin tool to decouple program logic from packet structures (though, of course, using it involves a performance hit).

fathernitwit
04-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Wind,

the 1000 foot picture of the dynamic struct stuff is that every packet is given an internal representation that the application logic uses. That packet is then sent to a structure strategy for the correct patch which is responsible for turning the internal representation into the correct EQ representation for that patch. Which basically boils down to an extra slightly-less-cache-friendly memcpy per packet. This is further helped by the fact that almost all packets currently work for both clients, so no translation at all is done on them, this advantage will slowly go away as clients drift further apart.

Windcatcher
04-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Sounds a lot like what I'm doing, except that I just do name lookups on fields on the fly since I'm looking at BLOB's and sticking to the database way of doing things. The BLOB is just a packet that was stuffed into the database, so in that sense BLOB = packet.

I'm not sure if it's better to translate the entire packet when you receive it or not, but for a server it probably is. I hope it works out...it could definitely solve some problems in the long run, though packets definitely not only evolve over time but sometimes are replaced by radically different ones. At that point, though, I could see a new server version spawning...

fathernitwit
04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
yea, we have plan for/can support a more dynamic strategy for translation, such that we can load the field placement from an XML file or whatever, we decided that it was not wise to do this by default for performance reasons, but it could be quite useful for testing.

fathernitwit
04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
BTW guys... finally fixed the download section.

Belfedia
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
0.6.6 version and compatible Titanium in one eqemu 0.7.0 ?

I have dream it, the devs make it !!!
Wonderfull work, i don't have any word in my english for say enough thanks :)

kouhei
04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I was able to login in to peq with the 6.2+ client.

GREAT JOB!!!!! DEVS and everyone who help pull it together to get 0.7.0 out.
Now when someone askes for a back patch; we can say no need back patch go buy Titanium package and you will be able to log in and play. So go tell your friends buy a copy while you can.

Memener
04-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Very very cool. I think i'll pick a copy of titanium when i go back to work.
Can't wait to test it out! :)

Koshoji
04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Omfg You Devs are AWESOME!!!

I knew you were thinking about maybe doing this, but jeeze, it's already out! Lol you guys Rock : P I would like to echo my thanks for all of your hard work and drive. Also, thank you for sharing the results of your work for free. /bow

CHowell2005
04-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Im trying to get caught up with whats going on with EQemu. I got sent down to New Orleans through the fire company when Katrina hit. Finally coming home on tuesday, and I want to get a server going. Are the databases still compatible with the new 0.7.0? Meaning if i go grab me the titanium edition, 0.7.0, minilogin, and the databases...disregarding the bugs I should be good to go?

attempt37
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Im trying to get caught up with whats going on with EQemu. I got sent down to New Orleans through the fire company when Katrina hit. Finally coming home on tuesday, and I want to get a server going. Are the databases still compatible with the new 0.7.0? Meaning if i go grab me the titanium edition, 0.7.0, minilogin, and the databases...disregarding the bugs I should be good to go?

Yes, you'll be good to go.

xvirus2501
04-27-2006, 05:34 AM
its been so long sense ive seen good news. I love the green text you used. so soft on my pale blue eyes. Not like that evil bold redness of ....... haha well good to be alive..

hansolojim
04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Thanks a lot for all the hard work. It's much appreciated.

Gamist
06-25-2006, 11:51 AM
So I should be able to create a server and play on a LAN with the EQ Titanium edition using EQemu 0.7.0, correct?

mattmeck
06-25-2006, 12:20 PM
So I should be able to create a server and play on a LAN with the EQ Titanium edition using EQemu 0.7.0, correct?

Nope..

Everyone else in the world can but not you.

Gamist
06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Nope..

Everyone else in the world can but not you.

Oh great! Now i've gotta go return the Titanium edition! :-?
That just figures that after i've tried for so long that it was all for nothing. :(

soulshot
06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
sarcasm off? =) If you have problems getting it installed just do a search or hit the main page link for server setup.

Gamist
06-26-2006, 04:18 AM
No, I know where to get the info to set up a server. I was just wondering if I would be able to make a LAN server, for offline play with a friend.

quintenwolfe
07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
OKay.. On my windows server.. I am getting an error:

"Unknown DB String 13xxx-1" at a cost of 1 Ability Point..

(xxx denotes a number apparantly pertaining to which ability you are trying to train)

Ok guru's... what am I missing? Is it Database related? or am I missing a "something.txt" or "something.conf" file in my eqemu/server directory?

Thanks...

BTW. Linux server still crashes on zoneing..... using the same db as the windows server that does NOT crash on zoning..

Q

Wizardanim
07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
OKay.. On my windows server.. I am getting an error:

"Unknown DB String 13xxx-1" at a cost of 1 Ability Point..

(xxx denotes a number apparantly pertaining to which ability you are trying to train)

Ok guru's... what am I missing? Is it Database related? or am I missing a "something.txt" or "something.conf" file in my eqemu/server directory?

Thanks...

BTW. Linux server still crashes on zoneing..... using the same db as the windows server that does NOT crash on zoning..

Q

For titanium, thats normal at the moment. The string 13500-1 aka 135001 is the description or title of the AA listed within a text document in the eq directory refering to Innate Strength i believe... Thus the tables in the database under altadv_vars, title_sid and desc_sid. In the aa window, you see that string but for some reason the client dosent process the information like a 6.2 compatable client would... just need to give it time to find what the issue is

quintenwolfe
07-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Okay. Thats sort of what I thought.. so.. if I correct the database to match what is in the Text... I should be correct in the presumption that it would work?

Or is it an combination of opcode and text file I need to watch?

quintenwolfe
07-15-2006, 02:51 PM
I do notice that if I have say 40 AA points... and I train in an AA, it does take away from the points, but does not add the ability to the character, and also does not increment the Cur/Max counter on the AA Table for the selected ability..

Checking the database.. it matches what is in "eqstr_en.txt".

For Example..
String 13500 IS innate strength...
13501 is the description for the ability innate strength.

Sourcing the database, it too matches the ID to the proper description.. however.. packet shows when an ability is selected to be trained, it sends 13500-1 as it's string that when the client pulls from the File.. does not match and therefore the client displays the error message about "Unknown DB String".

IF my presumption is correct, that would denote a possible error in the source code for AA's, would it not?

Probably a "struct"...?

I dunno.. I am not a coder.. just a troubleshooter..

Wizardanim
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
At the moment its just not working...

The setup right now works for 6.2 compatable clients, when you switch to titanium on the same servers, it dosent work. So something in the client changed... enough to the point the (possibly) structure isnt recognized by the server, or other ops have been implimented /shrug - thats one im gonna leave to the devs hah.

AA info isnt listed in the database, altadv_vars is just references to data within the client.

One thing i have found tho is that if you train in innate str 5 times, it seems to count it due to the fact it limits you to 5 'trains'

mattmeck
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I am locking this because people dont know where to post support questions,

Derail another thread!