PDA

View Full Version : server shows on 0.7.0 but won't connect

doomkiller
04-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Problem: When I log onto EQ I see the server in the server list, I click on it game freezes, and finally sends me back to the login screen.

Setup:
-Fresh windows (had to do this for other reasons so I thought it would be a good time to try this)
-MySQL 4.0.24
-ActiveState Perl (no extra modules)
-EQ Titanium
-Cavedude's 3.5 installer (I first set it up as public server to try my cleint worked fine so i used his switcher program and switched it to MiniLogin)
- Ran the mysql command ( update variables set value = 'minilogin' where varname='LoginType'; )

I started up the server with no other changes, loged in with a random account. Then choose the ony server on the list and hit Play EverQuest. This is when the problem above occured.

Extra Note: When I choose the server and hit play this is what the minilogin gave me:

Unknown packet: .4233692 [92.153.64.0:15->0.0.0.0:0]
[OpCode 0x0003 (OP_Unknown) Size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 |.............

ichijin
04-23-2006, 05:17 PM
That is driving me nuts too. Have been trying to identify that since I first seen it. It doesnt seem to affect anything though, as my server still runs fine with that bug. (Other than discon on death)

doomkiller
04-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Ahh I found my mistake, I wasn't sure if I had to make an account manually so I was inputing junk. I read up a little and found you infact had to input an account in manually. Thanks for reading though :)

klinzhai
04-24-2006, 04:44 AM
If you get a MySQL admin tool that will let you edit the data in the tables (MySQLCC for example), you can simply edit the account table that way, takes about 15-20 seconds to add a new user account if you type slow.

armflailing
04-24-2006, 12:34 PM
hi I am getting this same error, can you tell me how to add an account manually, I have been frustrated with this error, it kicks me back to login every time.

klinzhai
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
You have to edit the account table in the database.

Make sure you put a username, password, status and ip address (127.0.0.1 if it's on the same machine).

Maus
04-26-2006, 07:12 AM
I've put in the accounts manually and I'm STILL having this trouble.. (used navicat to do it and rebooted several times since.. all info is saved).

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>eq</account>
<password>eq</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>

###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

I'm so open to suggestions its not even funny.

Just for sng, I note that -I- can get in to play on the main machine just fine. It's any other machine that runs into the trouble. They pick the server, click Play and hang to eventually go back to the login/pw screen.

klinzhai
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Try changing all your "127.0.0.1" over to your network address (192.168.1.101 or whatever). Leave the database settings alone though.

Maus
04-26-2006, 05:20 PM
I did.. no love =/

Aonelyn
04-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Go to the start menu. Then run, then type in the box cmd . Then type cd c:\mysql\bin . Then type Mysql -u root mysql . then type use yourdatabase .
where yourdatabase is put the name of your database.
Then type this
insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('Aonelyn',255,'127.0.0.1');

Maus
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Yes, I have entered the account into the database. I've done it through multiple installs, with both the command line entry and navicat.

Still no connection to the server for anyone but me.

resnovich
05-01-2006, 02:51 AM
I had trouble with this the first time I set it up to... Maybe this will help you

All of my machines connected from private IPs (192.168.0.n) and their database accounts listed this IP in the minilogin_ip field.

My minilogin server was set to 192.168.0.2 and was on the same machine as the world server.

I used Private IPs for all of my addresses except for the database connection, which remained "localhost".

The important things to keep in mind are that the world server looks for the minilogin server as advertised and tells it the IP address that you have listed for others to use for connections. Meaning, if you tell the minilogin server that your world server has an IP of 127.0.0.1 or localhost everyone connecting to your minilogin server will look for the server on 127.0.0.1 (local loopback address) which is incorrect.

Here is a copy of my LAN config...

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>BlackmooreBetaLAN070</shortname>
<longname>Blackmoore Beta LAN 070</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>192.168.0.2</address>
<localaddress>192.168.0.2</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.0.2</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>eq</account>
<password>eq</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>

Maus
05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
/chuckle

And that allows all the external machines to connect but none of the internals. Though I will say that part of the problem was an old router that apparently couldn't handle the traffic.

daemonreaver
05-03-2006, 10:14 AM
/chuckle

And that allows all the external machines to connect but none of the internals. Though I will say that part of the problem was an old router that apparently couldn't handle the traffic.

Sadly, Minilogin works one way or the other on Windows. It's just how the NT loopback (fake IP) 127.0.0.1/localhost works. EQ doesn't use the 198.x.x.x IP when connecting to a server on the same machine, it dumbly uses the banner shouting "LOCALHOST".

No way around it I suppose unless u manually edit HOSTS, which I dont recommand for newbies.

I have the same issue with Live EQ. I can't connect to Live if my Wireless is turned off. It barfs and hangs at the first network connection and doesn't bother trying others.