PDA

View Full Version : Problem editing EQemu db

CBiLL
05-29-2002, 01:45 AM
Using 3.3.1 EQemu .. clean db.sql install

I get a run time error 3 when try to select a character to edit then it crashed on the EQemu Editor ..

On the Admin Eqemu I get a dataset not in edit or instert mode when trying to edit my character ..

the db I am using is the plain one from the EQEmu .. what I am trying to edit is to move my Vah Shir character to a different zone because it keep falling in air and dying in the home zone ..

It seem like I need to tell mySQL to allow outside editor edit the db or something ot give it permission to do but I cannot firgued it out .. I went thur all the search on mySQL website to firgue out what I did wrong.

The EQemu itself work great .. I just cannot seem to edit the db that all ..

Any ideas?

CBiLL

mntndew
05-29-2002, 02:00 AM
Are you using the latest version of the DB editor?

Symarra
05-29-2002, 02:01 AM
Did you try clicking -save changes- multiple times?

I usually get that error the first time I click save changes but the second time I get no errors and its does save the changes.

**Check back & see if anyone else has more info**

TheClaus
05-29-2002, 02:14 AM
Since when did a problem become a 3rd party tool. This should go into the Win32 support or the Linux Support depending on what OS your running.

CBiLL
05-29-2002, 03:35 AM
I though this was a 3rd party problem .. I doubt the db.sql for the EQemu is the problem because it run just fine ... I just cannot use either of the 3rd pary editor to *EDIT* the db but it runs great with logging in and playing with it.

Sorry if this is still the wrong forum to post about issues of using 3rd party editor to edit the EQemu db ..

CBiLL

Windcatcher
05-29-2002, 04:03 AM
This problem has been around for a while. I think it has to do with the default state of the database when it is first loaded. If you click on Commit Changes three or four times in the admin tool it should set the database to a state tha the tool likes. Don't ask me to explain why, I don't understand it...

Wind