PDA

View Full Version : world flag accountname option in Linux EQEMu

stile
05-29-2002, 09:01 AM
I installed EQEmu 0.3.3.1 this morning on Red Hat Linux 7.3 w/MySQL 3.23.49, and I'm pretty sure everything is setup correctly as installation went without a hitch and I can tell that people are logging into my server and zoning, etc. I've only run into one problem so far:

When I attempt to invoke the worldserver with the following command:

./world flag user 200

(to grant my account ServerOp status, of course replacing 'user' with my corresponding EQEmu login name that I registered), I get the following:

LoginServer.ini read.
Using database 'eq' at localhost
Account being GM flagged:user, Level: 200
database.SetGMFlagfailed.

Then I get returned to the command prompt. Anyone ever seen this before?

Running the server without giving these command line arguments works fine. I'm looking for a way to flag my account for ServerOp status though. Any alternate methods to accomplish this? And while I'm on the topic, are there any Linux tools available to edit the database with like the Windows users have available?

thanks,
-Stile

TheClaus
05-29-2002, 09:29 AM
Okay I may be reaching here(okay I am not) but you can use EQAdmin for your database. I do it all the time. Works great. You can also use myodbc and connect to your db through access. The other thing is you could setup a webserver and php and use phpmyadmin. All of these things just require you to put in the ip for the machine with Mysql installed on it.

strago
05-29-2002, 11:22 AM
This feature has worked in the previous versions, but it doesnt right now for some weird reason ( i get the same error ). Just load up FAQADmin and give yourself 200 account status after you login once, that should fix the problem.

stile
05-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Yep. I got it. Thanks for the help.

-stile

penfold1972
05-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Well, here's one way:

After your ID is in your databse (you've logged into your server at least once)
run mysql
use eq (assuming eq is your database)
update account set status='200' where name='EQlogin name';

What I prefer to do is to just edit db.sql and add a line right after the "emu" entry. That way I don't have to keep adding it when I rebuild my database. I cut and paste it, then change the values to what they need to be. The tricky part was finding what the LSaccount number is. You have to login to your server and watch the output of world when it says you are logging in.

On a side note, the emu account is generally for the stand alone login servers, and it has account status 200. You do change the default password or delete that account, right?

I have also found it pretty useful to have a cron job that runs every minute on my Linux box. It sets all users that have normal privledges to vPrivUser status. That way, I don't have to worry about setting levels and skills.

Now, if I can just remember to edit the MOTD part of db.sql I won't have to remember to set it up everytime I reload..... :)