PDA

View Full Version : I need a complete database

Hernandez
05-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi i need a complete database so i can use an SQL editing tool to import it. Because my cavedude thing doesnt install the database im guessing because my MYSQL isnt configured with that whole username and password is EQ because i host a php nuke webpage and other things on my MYSQL.

It would be greatly appreciated.

klinzhai
05-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Follow the directions here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServer70

If you follow those directions all the way through and are still having problems installing (I'm assuming you're running windows, since you're using cavedude's installer), give me a shout as solinear in yahoo messenger and I'll help you figure out what's going on.

Hernandez
05-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Well i got a database compatible with an earlier version now. because i had already tried that tutorial. And i try launching the server but it says ERROR at the world connect part at the beginning. im trying to instal yahoo messenger cuz all i have is msn

jimbabwe
05-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I use the drp installer but it doesn't install the database on my computer either. I did however find that if you don't exit out of the installer after it's finished it leaves the .sql files in your mysql/bin directory. You can source them in yourself. I think for both cavedude's and peq you'll also have to drop the items table and source the item.sql file.

Jepster4515
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
That's all well and good to spoof installers on windows boxes, but what about those of us who want the .sql files for our Linux-based installs?

Jepster

johane
06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
That's all well and good to spoof installers on windows boxes, but what about those of us who want the .sql files for our Linux-based installs?

Jepster

I guess that's what the DRP RAW packages are for - that's what the website says.

If you really want you can unpack the exe files under windows/wine/cedega and use the spl files there under linux anyway.

And just a word of advice - I don't think this is really the place for windoze vs linux advocacy issues here. In almost evey respect this project seems pretty OS neutral ( although there is a significant bias by the developers towards linux based systems - probably because they just work!!!). This way people can kinda concentrate on the emu, not on OS wars.