PDA

View Full Version : Can I have 2 minilogins for 1 server?

XiNoID
05-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm running 0.7.0 eqemu on minilogi and i need to provide it for local network players and internet players...can it be possible?

mrea
05-20-2006, 11:21 PM
As far as I know the world server will only connect to one loginserver.

XiNoID
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
so....can be a way for minilogin to make him indentify users not by IP but by login?

TheClaus
05-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can help you out.

XiNoID
05-21-2006, 03:55 AM
so...i have an external IP on my server... all my networkers have the same provider as me and we all have similar IP and same account...friends from internet do not...

Cripp
05-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Cant be done, cant connect 2 loginserver at once. just use the same account name/pass if you want to share account... you can box on 1 account

Belfedia
05-21-2006, 06:41 AM
You just need to make a Normal (no minilogin) server using eqemulator login server.
Player from internet use your external ip for connect
Player from network use your local adress for connect (see xml config)

That simple.

XiNoID
05-22-2006, 02:22 AM
ehrm..But how my locals will connect to eqemu loginserver when if they have no internet?

TheClaus
05-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Okay I am unsure what you are trying to do. What I have done though with my world is the following.

I use minilogin instead of a normal login. I input the ips of everyone both internally and externally and then when things change people email me and I change them.

I have thought about setting up a webpage that people could use that would get there ip and update the table but it isn't a big deal yet.

Is that what you are trying to do? Have people both on the outside and inside to connect?

klinzhai
05-22-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm curious why in the heck you need to have internet access to connect to a server locally. As long as the server itself has internet access and intranet access, it should be able to connect to any client on either of those networks, so long as there isn't a firewall that is blocking the ports that are required for gameplay.

Belfedia
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm curious why in the heck you need to have internet access to connect to a server locally. As long as the server itself has internet access and intranet access, it should be able to connect to any client on either of those networks, so long as there isn't a firewall that is blocking the ports that are required for gameplay.

Network user need a internet connection because they need login server access.
Minilogin can't work in addition of normal server.

See this post, but i don't know if that work :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=120789#post120789

d00d
05-25-2006, 06:30 PM
get a Router, connect all yer computers to that and share the internet connection.