PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Placement Question

TheClaus
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I was curious of how people place spawns in the zones? Do you edit the db by hand or use some tool?

I remember that EQAdmin you could use ShowEQ maps and place spawns that way. It was quick and easy. Just curious what people do now?

Belfedia
05-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I was curious of how people place spawns in the zones? Do you edit the db by hand or use some tool?

I remember that EQAdmin you could use ShowEQ maps and place spawns that way. It was quick and easy. Just curious what people do now?

Read the wiki, forum, many thread on this subject (search is your friend)
You have command in game for make that, you can have commands list by #help.

Cripp
05-22-2006, 04:03 AM
ya i do all my spawning in game..
#spawn
#summon
#npcspawn create
(for mult. spawns for 1 npc)
reboot..
#npctypespawn npcid
#summon
#npcspawn add
:D

TheClaus
05-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Read the wiki, forum, many thread on this subject (search is your friend)
You have command in game for make that, you can have commands list by #help.
I was asking if there was other ways to do it. I have read the wiki, forums, and know there are many threads on this subject(most of them are older than dirt).

As for the ingame command that was alright but was hoping for something else than me logging into the game to place spawns. I was curious if other people did something other than that.

So I guess the rule of thumb here is not to ask questions to just wonder because if you ask questions you have the copy n paste response from everyone.

I have been a community member for a long time and understand the questions get old but my question I felt was valid. If you wish i'll start hitting up the old threads so I get mattmeck on me about bringing back dead threads.

TheClaus
05-22-2006, 04:23 AM
ya i do all my spawning in game..
#spawn
#summon
#npcspawn create
(for mult. spawns for 1 npc)
reboot..
#npctypespawn npcid
#summon
#npcspawn add
:D

That is cool accept for the rebooting part. That is why I liked EQAdmin I would place everything there and then log in and see how it looked. Sure I would have to change the radius of them but that was minor to a constant rebooting.

Thanks for the information though.

GeorgeS
05-22-2006, 08:35 AM
I am developing a tool for just this purpose. It should be out this weekend.
It does however require you go in game and figure out the x,y,z,r coords. first then put these in the editor, asign spawns and probability etc.., and your done.

If there's a way to extrapolate this info from a 3D topographical map then you could spawn from the program and not have to go in game each time.

I will see if this can be simplified because then spawning a zone can be rapid and not so time consuming...

I wonder if Windcatcher could help out with the coord. part without having to 'go in the game' each time and reboot zones etc...

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
05-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Spawning Tool is completed as of 5-24, and when I finish the help.html and finalise a few issues, it will be released. It makes spawning pretty easy out of the game environment.

GeorgeS

TheClaus
05-24-2006, 05:14 AM
Very cool George I can't wait to play with it.

Belfedia
05-24-2006, 12:52 PM
So I guess the rule of thumb here is not to ask questions to just wonder because if you ask questions you have the copy n paste response from everyone.

I have been a community member for a long time and understand the questions get old but my question I felt was valid. If you wish i'll start hitting up the old threads so I get mattmeck on me about bringing back dead threads.

When i see that, i don't understand why i try to help people here. But if i make only copy/paste that must take no many time for me... I do not have to help many people, and to conceal to me, since my answers are not liked, will rest me.

Have been a community member for a long time don't give you the right to blame me. I'm here since little more than 1 year, that make me more bad than you ? I never say your question aren't valid, i just speak about search on forum/wiki because, we have only one easy clue for make spawn : commands in game.

Afflicted to be a little dry in my sentences, I do not seek the confrontation, I am just a little disgusted judgement made on the assistance that I can bring. Look at all my posts and you will surely include/understand why.

TheClaus
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
When i see that, i don't understand why i try to help people here. But if i make only copy/paste that must take no many time for me... I do not have to help many people, and to conceal to me, since my answers are not liked, will rest me.

Have been a community member for a long time don't give you the right to blame me. I'm here since little more than 1 year, that make me more bad than you ? I never say your question aren't valid, i just speak about search on forum/wiki because, we have only one easy clue for make spawn : commands in game.

Afflicted to be a little dry in my sentences, I do not seek the confrontation, I am just a little disgusted judgement made on the assistance that I can bring. Look at all my posts and you will surely include/understand why.

Belfedia I really appreciate the help you offer. I have read countless posts by you and they all have really good information. Then you post the canned wiki,search response which I honestly felt wasn't like you to do.

You say there is only one way to make spawns but in the past there were others. I suppose I could of expanded on my first question but felt that if I mentioned things like EQAdmin that it would just cause more problems since we would have new people trying to use a tool that is broke with the current version.

I was justing asking if people used tools or hand editted the DB because in the past it was the fastest way to place spawns(IMO).

I am sorry to past judgement on you trying to help.

Belfedia
05-25-2006, 04:26 AM
I am sorry to past judgement on you trying to help.

Thanks, that was close now :)

GeorgeS
05-27-2006, 08:59 AM
..just finished these utilities -

Spawn Editor and Grid/Waypoint Editor

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/grid_and_spawn_editor.zip

Adrianne
06-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Anyone else not able to get this to work? The db.ini says read readme.txt, however, there is no readme.txt.

I keep getting "Runtime error '339': Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid."

Anyone know how to solve this?

TheClaus
06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
I have been out of town on business. When I get back I am going to play with this.

GeorgeS
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Ok, this is weird. Some people get this error -

Here's the fix. To register the OCX's create a .bat file with the following contents and place it in the /resources folder and run.

regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx

(After each file is registered, windows should let you know.)
Let me know if this helps.

I'm adding this .bat file to the zip packages along with a few bug fixes

GeorgeS