PDA

View Full Version : World crash on camp/zone

jimbabwe
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Interesting little bug here... think it only occurs with 7.0. I'm running mysql 3.32 and perl activestate 5.8.4. I'm using the DRP installer pack 3.52 which i beleive uses the code from 7.0-785. Whenever you zone, this includes camping, because the character select is a zone, the world.exe can crash. On the DRP forums I found a reply to a thread that suggested that having winmysqladmin in the system tray causes the crash. After some initial testing I'm starting to come to the conclusion that they were right. I've zoned about 20 times and have been unable to cause a crash. Usually I would get a crash between 1-10 zonings.

Just figured this could help someone, not sure if there is nessecarily a fix. Maybe i'm running too old of mysql, who knows.

rojadruid
05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Interesting little bug here... think it only occurs with 7.0. I'm running mysql 3.32 and perl activestate 5.8.4. I'm using the DRP installer pack 3.52 which i beleive uses the code from 7.0-785. Whenever you zone, this includes camping, because the character select is a zone, the world.exe can crash. On the DRP forums I found a reply to a thread that suggested that having winmysqladmin in the system tray causes the crash. After some initial testing I'm starting to come to the conclusion that they were right. I've zoned about 20 times and have been unable to cause a crash. Usually I would get a crash between 1-10 zonings.

Just figured this could help someone, not sure if there is nessecarily a fix. Maybe i'm running too old of mysql, who knows.

The only thing odd I see is your verion of mysql. Using that same perl version and mysql 4.0.23. with cavedudes drp installer pak.

Side question: does the emu work with mysql below 4??

jimbabwe
05-24-2006, 02:53 PM
dunno, i've used this mysql since 6.0 and has worked fine. But once 6.6 came around that bug started.

Belfedia
05-25-2006, 04:28 AM
dunno, i've used this mysql since 6.0 and has worked fine. But once 6.6 came around that bug started.

I think only a dev can answer this,
Perhaps since de 6.6 to 7.0 work, they change some use
about mysql and only 4.X is supported ?
I don't have this bug with 4.11a :(

fathernitwit
05-25-2006, 01:42 PM
theres nothing in particular that we did to preclude mysql 3, but its always possible. It is always best to use the same version of mysql that your binaries were built against, and im not sure what drp is using, if its our builds, the versions are posted on the download page.