PDA

View Full Version : Ammo stacking

fehknt
05-31-2006, 07:17 AM
I've gotten a 0.7.0 server on linux working now, with a few issues that i'm ironing out. All clients are bare titanium. Looked into the latest build, but I don't see anything in the changelog about any of these. Going to try it anyway, if it helps I'll update in a while.

I see that the disconnect on death is being worked on by feathernitwit, so i won't mention that much, but thanks for working on that.

There's only four really serious issues that I'm working on fixing now, and I can't see anyone here that has a fix. I am using mysql5, so it may be that, but i don't think that's all of it.

As far as i can tell, in the source code there's a fair number of checks (zone-server) on item stacks against either ITEM_MAX_STACK (which is #defined to be 20) or against just the number 20. The problem is with ammo-type items which can be stacked up to 100, as defined in the stacksize field in the database. The client stacks them up properly, but then on zoning the inventory is re-arranged to put them all in stacks of 5, 10, 15 or 20, and then all the remaining ones end up on the cursor in stacks of 5. This happens if they're in bags or in the root of the inventory. Any guidance on what code needs updating? I tried making changes that checked it against 100 if it could be used in SLOT_AMMO but it had the same behavior.

The second issue is the shared bank... plat doesn't seem to work at all, and items... sometimes... maybe... the items just kind of disappear sometimes.

And the third issue is: disappearing items (stacks). generally in tradeskill-related tasks, but it's not consistent and not always reproducable. Any thoughts?

Finally: vendors that rip you off. I think this is another problem with stacking items. Some items (small blocks of ore in rivervale, i think) you can try to buy 20 of, but only one will appear in your inventory... and you sure do get charged for 20!

Any help as to a fix for these, or any indication as to what files contain the pertinent code would be very helpful... Thanks!

Belfedia
06-01-2006, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE] I am using mysql5, so it may be that, but i don't think that's all of it. [quote]

Eqemu require mysql 4.X and don't work well with 5.0
I don't know if that repair all the bug, but try it :)

fehknt
06-01-2006, 05:39 AM
well... I would, except the server is running other databases too, which are mysql5 specific...

I'll see what I can do about a remote server, and possibly replacing the other services or shutting them down.

There aren't any errors in the logs whatsoever about these things though, so it's not like some fields can't be read (which, if i understand correctly, is the problem with using mysql5) because i have properly changed the sourcecode to use mysql5 compliant queries.

Oh yeah -- and the really odd thing is that the last three items are only either sometimes, or (for the last) for just a few selected items.