PDA

View Full Version : Bank Bug and Hair Bug

CrabClaw
06-17-2006, 06:23 AM
I just wanted to pass along a little feedback on a couple of the bugs I found:

Using the bank: If you use the "make change'" button to crunch your coins into higher denominations it locks the mouse and then you can't click/interact with things such as doors and portal stones. (You can use the UI though, but you have to re-log or sometimes zone to reset the mouse.) I seems it gets stuck in a loop like its throwing an exception or error.

Hair changes not sticking/saving or even sticking from character creation/select. Where in the character data is this value(s) stored? Can I change it in the settings by hand?

Also, the shared bank slots don't work and th AA window still ain't showing numbers, but this has been mentioned and discussed before.

I'll let ya know if I run into anything else engine-wise and DB-wise, I have visited almost every zone so far and poked around (using Caveman's DB - good work btw :) ) and am making notes about them if you would like me to share them with you.

Zard
07-11-2006, 02:38 AM
it locks the mouse and then you can't click/interact with things such as doors and portal stones. (You can use the UI though, but you have to re-log or sometimes zone to reset the mouse.)

I am having this issue as well. Using EQEmu-0.7.0-815, Titanium Client, PEQ database. While I cannot duplicate this on demand as of yet I will continue to try and give more info. A minor issue that seems to happen sometimes after banking / interacting with merchants.

Thanks for the great work! I was amazed I could even set it up without posting for help!

Astartae
09-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Bumping this to find out if there is any plans to fix the error with hair changing back to default (grey hair or bald hair, depending on char). I'd really like to be able to have my characters look the way I made them.

Also, has anyone else noticed a bug with upside down heads, like in the city of Erudin?

mattmeck
09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
hair and pure grafics issues are not high on the prioraty list, issues that impact crashing / playability are first.

John Adams
11-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I saw this in the changelog.txt:
==10/28/2006
FatherNitwit: Fix for NPC weapon appearance due to loot items.
aza77: Fixed SendAppearancePacket
aza77: Fixed a PvP bug that caused the zone to crash on death
...and assumed it was about NPC appearances, and the facial features bug. Apparently not, since in an FC4 compiled 911, my high elf female toons still zone in bald.

However, this time I discovered that by targetting herself and giving the command #gender 1 (set her to a girl, even though she is a bald girl) snaps her hair back into place. So now we just hot-key /tar [name] #gender [#] everytime we zone.

Could this be a clue as to what's happening with our hair? Gender is being lost, or partially? Hope it helps.

CrabClaw
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Some hair styles stick, some don't. The long hair styles for certain sex/races does not, but the ponytail and others do.

Aerewen
12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
the bank error seems like it is still unresolved as of 7.0-934. Seems a pretty important issue to have fixed imo... I'll have a quick look in the source and see if anything jumps out at me... but as im not on the dev team i honestly have no idea where to start looking... :P

Dr Zauis
12-13-2006, 11:54 AM
For the bank bugs what I do is:
Select lowest denominator coins and "push" them into the next denominator. Keep doing this up the line. That will be the same as pushing the button.
Use gems in a bag to give to your other character.

Once you get used to it the bank bugs dont mean anything.

John Adams
12-14-2006, 01:26 AM
but as im not on the dev team i honestly have no idea where to start looking... :P
This is a community effort, there is no one "dev team", although those who manage PEQ keep "official" changes to fit the PEQ philosophies (can't be custom, must emulate Live server behavior, etc). But bug fixes? Anyone is welcome to jump in and give it a whack.

If you know what you're doing, don't be shy. I'm shy. Actually, no. Terrified. But I am learning more each week.

Aerewen
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
hehe what i meant by that is there are about 100 or so cpp files and even more files when u count headers... and i dont have the slightest clue where to start looking for bank functions...

i dont see anything that would appear related to a banker/banking system at the moment by file name :p

John Adams
12-15-2006, 03:03 PM
If you are a VS2005 type, load up the .sln, and CTRL-SHIFT-F to search the entire solution for key words (like bank, itemid, rules, whatever you are interested in). That's where I started finding most of what I do find. However, on occasion, I feel VS2005 is "hiding" files from me... like for the longest time, I never knew there was a rulesys.h (probably the wrong name, but for example) until FNW pointed me to it. Soon as I opened it from Windows Exploder, it shows up in VS2005.

Commentary: I hate Microsoft. Tell me again why I work for a company that develops network management and security packages for Microsoft OS?

Anyway... if you are a gcc (*NIX) guy, I hear there are tools for searching, but never figured them out (grep? dunno... been too long to remember).

Oh, and Little Johnny's Trailer Park Engineering 101 method is to simply search using Windows Exploder, the *.cpp and *.h files for key words within, and edit with Notepad. ~runs~

Hope any of this helps.

Sakrateri
11-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Oh, and Little Johnny's Trailer Park Engineering 101 method is to simply search using Windows Exploder, the *.cpp and *.h files for key words within, and edit with Notepad. ~runs~

Umm, dis is hows I wurk? uhm from Wes Virgin i a and if dis dont wurk I uz a hamma

gernblan
11-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Commentary: I hate Microsoft. Tell me again why I work for a company that develops network management and security packages for Microsoft OS?

Hard to say, my friend, the concept of security on a Microsoft OS is like sticking a pinky in a dike, anyway. But the illusion of security options for windows is big business just the same.

Just between us (and everyone else who happens to read this lol) if people only knew the truth about what's under the hood of windows (especially Vista) they wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

John Adams
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
if people only knew the truth about what's under the hood of windows
I live in Active Directory where the boldest Admins fear to tread.

sfisque
11-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Umm, dis is hows I wurk? uhm from Wes Virgin i a and if dis dont wurk I uz a hamma

ROFL

an iffen it aint werked den.... uz a bigger hamma.

oh man, that gave me a good smile this morning...

== sfisque