PDA

View Full Version : Compiling, no mysql_com.h

monitor
06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Got a problem installing such as i have no mysql_com.h file on my server from what i can see. ive done a 'mysql_config --cflags' and it gives me a directory, unfortunatly theres nothing in that dir.

everything else after that is borked. my mysql is working fine on the other stuff (website, boards)

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
Monitor

wize_one
06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
need the mysql dev libs

monitor
06-21-2006, 03:08 AM
on installing ive 'mysql_config --cflag' which then returns....

-I/usr/include/mysql -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing

Ive looked in /include, no mysql there from what im seeing :/

im trying to install libraries from mysql site, but hitting alot of failed dependancy errors and conflicts at the mo.

Any advice greatfully received :)

Many thanks
Monitor

wize_one
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
what version of linux you running, that might be a start of getting some help..8)

monitor
06-22-2006, 03:36 AM
running fedora core 4

Monitor

monitor
06-22-2006, 05:25 AM
aaah, cancel, ive messed up the server, will put a suse image on next week when i have more time :P

Monitor

sesmar
06-22-2006, 05:45 AM
I would suggest using Debian Linux for the server. I have been testing out a lot of different versions of linux, specifically looking for something that will run nicly on older hardware, and the best one I have found so far is Debian 3.1. The latest release does not come with MySql 5 but you can get that from here http://dotdeb.org made specifically for Debian. If you are not interesting in MySql 5 then Debian 3.1 comes with MySql 4.0.24. I was able to install MySql download the server files and compile the Emu with out any problems. Debian runs great on my pathetic 400Mhz Pentium Celeron (Yeah, I said Celeron) laptop with 128MB Ram.

Of course it is all up to you and what you are more comfortable with in the end, I just thought that I would share my thoughts.

Belfedia
06-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree totally sesmar, with his stable system, debian (name of distrib is sarge) is very good for make a eqemu server.

gottasummer
06-22-2006, 11:41 PM
I like Redhat Enterprise Linux... CentOS, Fedora is okay, but I have had problems with the packages bundled.
I like SuSe for desktop linux.

wize_one
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
gentoo.org for the win..8) you only install what you want.. no extra bloated things you dont need or want