PDA

View Full Version : Shadowknight Spear line and Bite line bugged

Krikk
07-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Hello. I and some of the other SKs who play on Zeb have noticed that the Spear line of spells is bugged. Once it's mem'd, it takes about 45 seconds give or take before I can cast it, which is intended, and after i succesfuly cast it, it has about a 45 seconds refresh. However, sometimes the spell will be up, and when I try to cast it I get white text saying "Spell reuse timer not yet met" even though the spell is technically refreshed. Someone suggested that if the spell fizzles, the timer restarts, but the spell gem doesn't appear indented, as it would if it had been recently cast.
Also, the bite line of spells, which starts at level 62, seems bugged as well. It also has a reuse time of 30 - 45 seconds, and seems to have the same issue. While SKs got their spear line of spells around 2001 on live, beastlords, shamen, and rangers all got similar low-mana, 0.5 sec cast, instant damage nukes with long reuse timers. I've played a ranger through 65 on Zeb, and am confident that their line of instant nukes works perfectly. My shaman and beastlord aren't as high, but their's seems to work fine also, and I havn't heard any of those classes complain. If the spells are coded the same way, it shouldn't be too hard to find out what's wrong with the SK spear line/ Bite line.
Thank you

Krikk
08-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Here is a complete list of spell/ability issues i've noticed personally. I'm sure there are more, as I hear complaints from other classes about heals/slows ect.

Shadowknight:
-Spear line of spells work as intended, except their reuse timer resets inappropriatly. Sometimes when the spell gem appears ready to use, after the .5 second casting time, it reads "spell reuse not ready."

-Bite spells have the same issue with reuse time, but are also not doing what they're intended to do. On live, a bite spell would hit the enemy for direct damage, heal the shadowknight and his group for that ammount, and replenish a token ammount of mana to the group as well. Currently, on Emu, if the spell works, it is only a lifetap, and only affects the caster.

-recourse buffs - shadowknights get a good number of recourse buffs, doing everything from stealing an opponent's attack power, their strength, their armor class, their STR and STA, and even their resists. Both the strength recourse buffs work as intended, and the attack power ones do up to Shroud of hate.
Here is my list so far of recourse buffs, and if they work or not:
Siphon Strength - works
abduction of strength - works
shroud of hate - works
shadow vortex - works
shroud of pain - works
theft of pain - works
theft of hate - broke
despair - broke
torrent of pain - broke
torrent of hate - broke
aura of hate - broke
aura of pain - broke
aura of darkness - broke

-Lifetap over time recourse buffs all seem to work fine.

berserker:
I know that the berserker class has many issues keeping it from working, and none of them are an easy fix. Also, I don't expect that they will be tended to any time soon, considering other issues that need fixing. But here are the many problems:

-Can not learn frenzy
-can learn double attack, but even at max skill level, it doesn't work, and as such, the skill doesn't go up naturally. (requires points be spent at trainer)
-can not crit on some servers (skill normally gained at level 12)
-no berserker guildmasters reward combat abilities for tomes. this disables the berserker's ability to make axes, do decent ranged damage, stun, snare, jolt, volley, battlecry, or use disciplines
-even if they were awarded, combat abilities don't seem to be functional on any pure melee classes.

Misc.:

-I've noticed that with both my ranger and my shadowknight, and im imagining with any classes' self only proc buffs, once the player zones, they need to redo the buff otherwise it won't give the proc attacks it should. for example, if I'm using shroud of discord, a self only lifetap proc buff for SKs, it has an okay chance of causing damage to the target on a melee hit and grants me that damage in healing. However, if i zone and fight other mobs, while the buff still appears on my screen, no procs are executed. I've fought for upwards of 30 minutes without seeing a proc, so I'm concluding one would need to rebuff. This isn't an altogether dismal bug, as rebuffing is pretty easy. Just thought I'd mention it.