PDA

View Full Version : Befallen, Najena etc Dungeons.

hayward6
07-26-2006, 11:47 PM
I have a quick question about some of the dungeons. I love the dungeons in eq and the fact that they are pretty well done in the emulator has made me very happy. I do have one issue though, I notice that when you first zone into these areas, there are a lot of mobs hanging out in the zone in area. They do eventualy path away for the most part, but it makes zoning into these dungeons at the apropriate level a nightmare.

Has anyone done work to deal with this issue? and if not is it worth it for me to start on it? do others see this as a point that could use work or should it just stay like it is? Let me know what you think please.

Angelox
07-27-2006, 01:39 AM
I have a quick question about some of the dungeons. I love the dungeons in eq and the fact that they are pretty well done in the emulator has made me very happy. I do have one issue though, I notice that when you first zone into these areas, there are a lot of mobs hanging out in the zone in area. They do eventualy path away for the most part, but it makes zoning into these dungeons at the apropriate level a nightmare.

Has anyone done work to deal with this issue? and if not is it worth it for me to start on it? do others see this as a point that could use work or should it just stay like it is? Let me know what you think please.

I saw this too, aside from all the pets in the zone hanging out at z-in. You could change the grids on the mobs and set them proper, but you then have to post an sql script that would remove the mobs current grid, then apply your newer one, this way we all can benefit from your work.
Anything anyone fixes and brings the zones closer to live is important - more import is to share it with the rest. I think we need more people posting their work on these forums, so we can get these servers looking more like the real one.
Even if you have a custom server, some things should follow a standard - for example, what good is a mob that's supposed to be real rare, now always spawns commonly? this takes the thrill out of finally getting something you worked hard to get.
Take the new "progression" servers in Everquest Live for example, from what I hear, they are a hit , and so far, Sony hasn't even opened Kunark to the ones who gained access, because so many are enjoying the original zones! Why is that?
Here, I saw comments where people made original, pre-Kunark EQ servers and players got bored fast- why? not enough challenge, for the rewards. We need to really start getting serious about this: not the programmers (they already are), but us, the server operators. Take more time in each zone, with each mob. learn his proper pathing, make him rare if is supposed to be, and most of all, post what ever we do, so the next guy doesn't have to do same thing you already did.
I'm posting everything I do (I know I'm slow, but that's because I'm learning how to do this as I go a long) - I figure it will at least give other people ideas, if anything else. And finally, even if you don't know/want to get into fixing paths, spawns, quests, etc - post what info you know about the mob, it will help others who are working on this.

ylosh
07-27-2006, 03:02 AM
there is still a free 30 days (until july 28th) for live servers that sony is giving to everyone with the intent to try the progressions servers. now would be a great time to go back to the old world zones and get some packet logs.

i logged back into my old account to get quest dialogue that i haven't been able to find anywhere else.

hayward6
07-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Well I still play on Live if that will help.

Sarepean
07-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I noticed this last week sitting in Najena. I was going to look into it this weekend, just haven't gotten to it yet.

God, got so much to do this weekend. =P