PDA

View Full Version : Those having "Unavailible Zone" issues on .839+

Zengez
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Was having this error when I tried to zone into any zone after upgrading, and I thought it was due to my ineptitude with doing the SQL, but after 3 reinstals i noticed something ... it appears (for me at least) when i run EQEmu shortcut on my desktop on any version 839+ (833 worked fine) it actually doesn't boot up zone at all... I ran the shortcut, waited for world to finish load, then ran zone.exe myself, waited for that to come up and i could log in fine...

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem or why the shortcut would suddenly break, but if anyone else is, try booting zone yourself and seeing if that helps.

Note, i Did have 2 cmd boxes pop up when i ran eqemu shortcut, but one was eqemu.exe which remained blank and then went to sleep, so people might confuse that with the zone.exe if they don't look close, at least thats what I did...

Hope that helps anyone else /shrug

Edit: Posted here to put this issue up to see if anyone else knows about it and/or can fix it

John Adams
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Are you running minilogin, or public? I noticed (as a new emu admin) that public does not run the 3rd box, which is the minilogin.exe. Zones actually load in the world box.

I am still using build 828, so things might be different now in 840. Hope this helps some.

Zengez
08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm running public, tried it on 839 and 840... both times i tried to log in without manuelly booting zone.exe i couldn't log into any zones ("that zone is unavailible right now") but if i manuelly boot zone.exe it works fine every time... dunno why cause i'm not that great a programmer and haven't bothered to look... if it's ain't broke and all that.