PDA

View Full Version : Attack Slow Spells (all of them)

Zengez
07-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I've made a high lvl enchanter and shaman and tested all their slows, none of them do anything at all. Going to look into this further, but if anyone else could take a look to make sure it's not just me...

Zengez
07-30-2006, 12:27 PM
More info:

I am currently running a 0.7.0-840 server, a few friends that also play reported that the slows were working before i updated from 0.7.0 base server, obviously without resetting everything i can't confirm that, but it may help to determine where the coding might have gone wrong.

Zengez
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Anyone able to tell me which files to look through to look at trying to fix this myself? Not really sure where to begin looking...

Also is anyone else running a 840 server and have slows working? Might be just me /shrug

Zengez
08-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, been testing things and it would seem all debuffs that i have tried (cripple line, slow line, resist debuff line) all seem to not do anything at all on mobs when cast, but all work on players when cast... this sounds to me like the spells just won't affect mobs because they are mobs and not players... Anyone know what might cause this? I know dots and nukes and some detrimental spells like fear and mez seem to work, but these slows cripples and resist debuffs don't seem to actually take effect, which makes me curious as to why some over-time detrimental spells can take effect and some can't...

If anyone could at least post what files to look under or what kind of flags might make this happen I'd appreciate it so i can try to work on this.

hayward6
08-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Well I run my server just for myself and I play a Druid mostly. My snares and dots are working fine. I'll try and remember to create a necro and test out some snares and slows against undead and see how that works out.

Zengez
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Well I run my server just for myself and I play a Druid mostly. My snares and dots are working fine. I'll try and remember to create a necro and test out some snares and slows against undead and see how that works out.

Yea seems everything except the straight debuffs works... all the snares work, dots work, nukes work, all forms of AEs work...

But straight debuffs don't seem to, tried all teh slow spells in teh game (slow attack speed) and none of them work at all, tried cripple and MR debuffs to no noticable avail...

But then i tried all of the above on myself and they all worked, every single one... so something is happening to make them not work on mobs specifically, not just the spell info itself... /shrug

Zengez
08-10-2006, 07:55 PM
*Update*

Reviewed my code and in-game testing and discovered that cripple line and debuff line do work more or less, but all teh attack spells still don't do anything on npcs... works on players great unfortunately, just not npcs, still looking but i'm pretty well stuck.