PDA

View Full Version : skill cap over 70

Zengez
08-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Whenever i #level 75 on my server it kills my skills, resets almost all of them to 0, if i go back to 70th and zone again, it puts them back to 252 or normal caps... i did the #rules setdb Character:MaxLevel 75 thing and everything, so i'm confused anyone else have this problem?

hayward6
08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Whenever i #level 75 on my server it kills my skills, resets almost all of them to 0, if i go back to 70th and zone again, it puts them back to 252 or normal caps... i did the #rules setdb Character:MaxLevel 75 thing and everything, so i'm confused anyone else have this problem?

if you do #level 75 and then zone they still stay at zero?

Zengez
08-16-2006, 06:05 AM
yep most of them anyway a very select (and none of the useful ones) stay at their cap... like fishing i think, but all combat related ones and whatnot go to 0

Zengez
08-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Update, this doesn't happen if you're flagged as a GM... So now i'm even more confused ;)

John Adams
08-16-2006, 11:20 AM
GM = God Man

:grin:

fathernitwit
08-20-2006, 04:36 AM
are you seeing them as 0 server or client side?

because changing level dosent ever affect your skill values (although they might jump next time you "gain" in the skill)... so if you #level to 75 and they drop to 0, its a client side display problem.

soulshot
08-20-2006, 05:52 AM
So its a display problem only?? Or does it really effect those skills?

Zengez
08-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Well i don't have a parser to test out to see if i get hit more often or do different dmg but the client sees all 0's except for a few areas, and their ac/atk/etc are 'adjusted' appropriately, i guess i could go through and look at the serverside ac and whatnot to see if these values are really adjusted and broken or if it's a display only problem.... i'll get back when I've done more testing

Ok, It doesn't 'appear' to do anything to the actual character data on the server side from what I can tell, it only modifies what things 'look like' on the client side... /shrug beats me but that's kinda annoying, but not debilitating Thanks fathernitwit.

wraithlord98
12-04-2006, 02:25 PM
On that same note.. does showing the max possible skill level get controlled client side or server side? (IE - when you look at your skills it shows current level/max level in the window like on EQ Live)

d00d
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I doubt its a client problem because, when yer on a GM char it shows all the skills correctly, but a non GM char the skills go to 0 or 10 and are in RED.

Althou the skills are just a display bug it does affect the players attack dramaticily i think because for some reason the server reads the offense at 0 maybe?

When u do #showskills on a player it shows the correct skill levels althou they cant see them correctly unless they are a GM. But when u do showstats it will show there true ATTACK which is way lower now because of the offense being read as 0 i believe.

Hopefully they can fix this bug soon, it also effects the plays attack hugely.

bufferofnewbies
01-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Just out of curosity, what is the max level allowed on your server?

If it's lower than the level you are #level'ing to, maybe its the code that prevents overleveling that needs to be looked at. This wouldn't effect GMs due to their flagging to be ignored for it.

d00d
01-18-2007, 05:55 AM
max level is 81 set by the ruleset. and this happens soon as a char hits level 71 or anything after 70....

JrFaust
01-18-2007, 07:53 AM
I may be wrong on this but I was under the impression that because of the client we are on that regardless of what you let the characters get to the server and client can only correctly communicate stats to 65 or maybe it was 70 after that they are not accurate.

d00d
01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I may be wrong on this but I was under the impression that because of the client we are on that regardless of what you let the characters get to the server and client can only correctly communicate stats to 65 or maybe it was 70 after that they are not accurate.

nope because...

this doesn't happen if you're flagged as a GM

JrFaust
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I do believe this answers the question.

Aye the levels only go up to 75 I think so if you have higher than usual levels you'll need to add to the caps database or the server will assume the max you can have at those levels will be 0.

I can confirm this on my server the max level is set to level 75 and the max skill levels at 75 ranges from 1 to 380. One needs to edit the skill_caps table in their database to show their skill levels correctly, and be careful setting the skill higher then the max is in the database. Once they go red they stay that way unless one is a GM or one sets them to 0 then they look fine. And if one has skills that say 0 and has corrected the characters level then one must zone to get the numbers corrected.