PDA

View Full Version : "You Cannot See Your Target" Seems like entire dmg line

Bach
08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi All,
I'm getting this everytime I try to cast a damage spell on a MOB.
I'm using EQEmu-0.7.0-842.
Any help would be great...
Thanks

Belfedia
08-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi All,
I'm getting this everytime I try to cast a damage spell on a MOB.
I'm using EQEmu-0.7.0-842.
Any help would be great...
Thanks

One time enough...
Have you maps directory with maps files in your eqemu directory (not client) ?

CrabClaw
08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I noticed this too (using the same version with Cavedudes DB) in a couple places with lots of spawns like the Field of Bone (the Burnies' are one of them). It seems like they are spawns that haven't spawned yet. But I am not sure. They usually de-pop and spawn as normal after the zone has been up a while.

Bach
08-17-2006, 03:05 AM
One time enough...
Have you maps directory with maps files in your eqemu directory (not client) ?

Thanks for the reply Belfedia!
Yes I do have the map files in the eqemu directory.
Not sure...I might try an earlier build of 070...
Thanks again :)

Bach
08-17-2006, 03:20 AM
I noticed this too (using the same version with Cavedudes DB) in a couple places with lots of spawns like the Field of Bone (the Burnies' are one of them). It seems like they are spawns that haven't spawned yet. But I am not sure. They usually de-pop and spawn as normal after the zone has been up a while.

Thanks for the reply CrabClaw!
I thought it was the initial pop too and did a depop and pop but nothing happened....same result. Also while in this state MOBs don't agro BUT I can initiate melee which they do react to. The "You Cannot See your target" message seems to be related to casting spells on MOBS while they are in this "dumb" state. I'll try what you suggested and let the server depop and see what happens.

I may try to roll back to an earlier build of 070 and see what happens as well.
Thanks for the reply,
Let me know if you can think of anything else :)

Bach
08-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok I did something stupid :o When extracted the maps my extractor created a maps folder in the maps folder so technically I didn't have any maps. :)

sylverwolf
08-18-2006, 04:43 AM
You aren't alone. I done that too :)

John Adams
08-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I've had problems with just simply melee'ing mobs unless I am almost directly on center of their target ring, which I have yet to figure out why.

Astartae
08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Is there a smaller file than this 300MB maps file below?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/Maps.tar.gz?download

I only ask because I have a "blazin fast" 26.4k connection and such a large file will take hours to download.

Thanks in advance!

mattmeck
08-26-2006, 10:14 PM
nope, thats the only download that works.

Astartae
08-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Yikes it's huge - will probably take me a week to download it. Anybody want to burn it on a disc and send it to me? Would probably be faster! ;-)

Thanks mattmeck, I was afraid that was the answer!

John Adams
08-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Yikes it's huge - will probably take me a week to download it. Anybody want to burn it on a disc and send it to me? Would probably be faster! ;-)

Thanks mattmeck, I was afraid that was the answer!
It would take longer to get to you via the post than to download 300mb @ 26k. :)

Astartae
08-27-2006, 08:40 AM
That depends on how long you get to be online per night and if you can pause the download or not. For some reason, my download plugin for Firefox isn't letting me pause downloads. Anyone know of a good downloading program for pausing?

I maybe get four to six hours a night for downloading. I downloaded 7mbs over eight hours last night on a 26k connection. So, actually I would get it through the mail (if sent in the USA), within less than a week, while if I get to download for six hours each night it will take me about 5 days to download this 300mb file. So, it is pretty close to the same.

So, is it against the rules of this site for someone to volunteer to send me a copy of this file? Anyone want to volunteer? Come on, I know you do! ;-)

Astartae
08-27-2006, 09:46 AM
"7mbs" should have been "70mbs," sorry, was a bit sleepy when I wrote that. ;-)

maverick3n1
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Why not enter into today's technology world and get Cable? Now a days, it's as much as Dial up was 5 years ago... $20 per month gets you nice fast speeds =) Cheaper than paying someone $5 each time you need them to ship you a 300mb file =P

mattmeck
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Cable is around $50 most places, I know its $55 here and $69 at my friends in Cally, DSL is cheap tho.

wraithlord98
10-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I agree - cable in most places runs around $50 a month.. DSL is around $35

EmanonCow
11-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Free Download Manager (FDM) is a decent Firefox download manager.

Craleu
11-22-2006, 12:09 PM
you need maps.tar

most oow + zones dont have maps

jokersexpress
09-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I seem to be having this problem also.
Have updated the map files and redownloaded them and still does the same thing. cant seem to get them to work anyway i try. Bad thing is I play a neco.

sonicintuition
09-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Indeed - even with the map files this seems to be a problem on my test server as well, at times. Notice I said, at times. Most of the time casting works fine, other times I cannot see my target even though my target is trying to kill me. So I dunno ...I have all the map files as well, and properly installed.

Anyway I made a lot of custom changes to my server in the server code, and one of the things I saw in features.h was an option to turn LoS on regardless of the map files being there ..something like that ...but it's also commented in there that turning it on is resource hungry ...I haven't used it, but it could be tried I suppose.

Sonic

Shaard
09-04-2007, 05:02 AM
This has probably been said elsewhere on the forum, but this is what I have found. I had read that aggro problems could be caused by map problems, even that having your map folder named "Maps" or "maps" could cause problems. I took this one step farther and began looking at the names of the map folders files. I found that changing CRUSHBON.map to CRUSHBONE.map solved my problems with that zone. Same thing with FIELDOFBON.map. I changed it to FIELDOFBONE.map and everything worked. I no longer got the "you can not see your target" message in those zones, and it solved problems like blue con mobs that conned scowling" not attacking, or assisting other mobs.