PDA

View Full Version : City of Veksar update

Angelox
08-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I updated my database with all the named mobs/drops, also got the turn in quest for the Garudon raid working.
Veksar is mostly undead, so a great place for the necromancers to hang out at.
all posted at my page.

CrabClaw
08-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Nice work, thanks!

BobThompson
08-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into getting updates out. I just wish everyone who put the time and effort into adding things like this to their database would share it with the community.

Angelox
08-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Thank you for your replies, and don't forget the real guys behind all this that made it possible. It's nice to know someone is interested. I wish i could do more, faster, but my health is not at it's best these days, and I can't sit for long sessions.
I was hoping other people that could, would also pitch in - it's not just a matter of transfering data from one DB to another - there's a lot more work needed, That's why I said it's better to do one zone at a time: dump what cavedude has, then add what else is needed. What you don't know about the zone, is usually all posted at allakhazam.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/zonelist.html
The last two zones i did (Droga and Veksar), were already populated via PEQ, just missing things (and still are, but look much better now)
I always use zonenames in id's whenever possible and always eight-digit numbers for loots, spawns starting with the zone number - so far it always works when others are updating ( I think).

Zandig
08-20-2006, 04:29 AM
Nice!
Thanks much Angelox for making your complete database available. Its nice to have all of these fixes in one shot. I'm using it now after transferring my character info over to it and its going well.

Very kind of you to make this available.

One question: does your database contain the updates from the PEQ-Luclin RC1 database dated July 17th 2006?

- Zandig Slaytanic

Angelox
08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Nice!
Thanks much Angelox for making your complete database available. Its nice to have all of these fixes in one shot. I'm using it now after transferring my character info over to it and its going well.

Very kind of you to make this available.

One question: does your database contain the updates from the PEQ-Luclin RC1 database dated July 17th 2006?

- Zandig Slaytanic

Hi, I'm not sure what I have - I started with PEQ ,switched to Cavedudes, then recently switched to PEQ again.
The other day, I downloaded PEQ-Luclin RC1 and fed it to my SQL (as a separate database), so I could study it and see if anything was different from what I have. So far, I haven't found anything - I was thinking if I saw anything worthwhile, i would either pass it to my current database, or use the new one and patch all my work into it. But I haven't seen anything yet.
You know, you can also have all these database installed in your SQL, just give them another name. when I put in the PEQ-Luclin RC1 database, I just called it "peq2"- so now I have three ; EQ, PEQ and PEQ2. You only need change settings in your eqemu_config.xml in order to play with another database.
But like I said, so far, i haven't seen anything different , might be because I already had updated ( Im always surfing the CVS repositorys}.

GeorgeS
08-21-2006, 01:49 PM
As a simple backup strategy, you can rename and copy folders within //mysql/data/
In this way, changes can be undone. I believe my backup tool works in a similar mode.

GeorgeS

Angelox
08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
As a simple backup strategy, you can rename and copy folders within //mysql/data/
In this way, changes can be undone. I believe my backup tool works in a similar mode.

GeorgeS
Your backup/restore utility is very fast, I'll stick with that one -
Also some things I have found very useful that's made by you is; npc_loot_editor > Tools > Copy Existing NPC (really speeds up what I an doing, and gives me a base for further tweaking of the mob). npc_loot_editor > Tools > Find Item ( we know what that one does). I also still use your SQL Browser for making my updates, and your Grid Editor.

Arex
08-23-2006, 06:06 AM
nice work mate, thank you for share u work with community =)

Angelox
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
I fixed the Veksar quests yesterday and posted them, incase you had already downloaded the old ones.

John Adams
09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Angelox, not sure if this is where you want this stuff, but the mob Garudon has a few issues. One being, even though the PEQ Editor shows the loot tables find, the mob does not spawn with any loot - ever. Tried messing with the values, but cannot seem to edit this loot table in PEQ Editor (web app).

Secondly, I couldn't get the Spirit of Garudon to talk to me until I changed the name of the pl file from "#Spirit_of_Garudon.pl" to "Spirit_of_Garudon.pl". I am not sure yet what the difference is between mobs with # and without. Can you clarify?

I was able to spawn Garudon as expected (minus loot) with the renamed PL file. Any ideas?

Besides that, great work as always.

Angelox
09-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Angelox, not sure if this is where you want this stuff, but the mob Garudon has a few issues. One being, even though the PEQ Editor shows the loot tables find, the mob does not spawn with any loot - ever. Tried messing with the values, but cannot seem to edit this loot table in PEQ Editor (web app).

Secondly, I couldn't get the Spirit of Garudon to talk to me until I changed the name of the pl file from "#Spirit_of_Garudon.pl" to "Spirit_of_Garudon.pl". I am not sure yet what the difference is between mobs with # and without. Can you clarify?

I was able to spawn Garudon as expected (minus loot) with the renamed PL file. Any ideas?

Besides that, great work as always.

Well, these are thoughts that I have on this ( not for sure), as I'm not sure what you have overthere.
For one, your PEQ editor has to be up to date with whatever version database you have. If you have my database, then you should have the latest eqemu binarys - as matter of fact, if you use any of my SQL's with any database, you should stick to the latest binarys, and be sure your PEQ editor (and any other editor) is up to date. they are not making newer "versions", so you have to go here and downloaded/install newest files;
http://peqeditor.cvs.sourceforge.net/peqeditor/
If you don't , peqeditor will not work right and can do damage to your database ( I learned this the hard way!}. I'll wait to you reply on this see if that may be the problem.

With the "#Spirit_of_Garudon.pl" probably better to re name the mob #Spirit_of_Garudon" insdead of change the pl name - this is my bad, I should have used REPLACE instead of INSERT , as that mob was one of the few already in the Veksar listings, I just had to spawn him.
As for the "#", it means nothing to eqemu, but a lot to my perl quests - if you notice, "#" or numbers in a mob name do not show in game. But are great for doing perl quests, as perl sees everything in a file name. Example; I can have 3 "look-alike" Veksar Shamans doing three different quests; a_bloodgill_shaman, #a_bloodgill_shamanan, ##bloodgill_shaman - not needed in Veksar, but I used this a lot in Nadox.
Also, the "#" before a mob name will sort the mobs you are working with to the top of the list in any editor you are using. I like to put my named mobs at the top of the list so I can find them easy.
I hope I made some sense out of this -

John Adams
09-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Ahh, PEQ Editor is no longer being developed? That's too bad, it was one of the more helpful tools. I have what i thought was the latest version from the PEQ site itself. (http://projecteq.net/tools.php#peqe).

I am still confused on how the game could interpret the difference between "a_bloodgill_shaman" from "#a_bloodgill_shaman" and "##a_bloodgill_shaman"? I see in the database, sometimes the NPC name also has this "#" before it.

I am about to source in your entire works so my players can have a nice base to start with before I screw the whole thing up adding PoP+ zones. :)

Thanks again!
J

Angelox
09-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Ahh, PEQ Editor is no longer being developed? That's too bad, it was one of the more helpful tools. I have what i thought was the latest version from the PEQ site itself. (http://projecteq.net/tools.php#peqe).

I am still confused on how the game could interpret the difference between "a_bloodgill_shaman" from "#a_bloodgill_shaman" and "##a_bloodgill_shaman"? I see in the database, sometimes the NPC name also has this "#" before it.

I am about to source in your entire works so my players can have a nice base to start with before I screw the whole thing up adding PoP+ zones. :)

Thanks again!
J

They are still up dating the PEQ editor at
http://peqeditor.cvs.sourceforge.net/peqeditor/ where you can fish for your updates - they just aren't posting newer "compiled" versions.

The game doesn't see any difference between "a_bloodgill_shaman" from "#a_bloodgill_shaman" and "##a_bloodgill_shaman" , but the Perl scripts do - this lets me make them do different things and have the same in-game name. But I just used bloodgill shamans as an example - if you look at Nadox quests, you'll see some examples.
In Veksar, I just used the "#" for editing purposes - but you have to leave them , else the scripts will not work (unless you change script name also).

Aramid
09-03-2006, 07:15 AM
I think it is John, but you can't just get thier download, you have to do what Angelox said and get the latest files from their CVS located at http://peqeditor.cvs.sourceforge.net/peqeditor/.

Pick the one that says peqeditor.
Look thru the folders and see which files are the newest (usually says file is weeks old instead of months old) and replace yours with those...

John Adams
09-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Ahh ok thanks for the PEQEditor tips. I'll give that a shot. I am hoping to see an Items editor there soon, tried to add it myself but got a migraine trying to understand the scripts. They are brilliantly coded, I am not so brilliant.

Aramid
09-03-2006, 07:59 AM
GeorgeS is working on one now. When it's done., I'm sure it will be awesome.

John Adams
09-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Cool, I love GeorgeS tools. :) Do you know if it'll be web-based? I'm leaning towards a lot of remote-admin abilities, so that's why I am using PEQEditor and Emu Manager a lot.

Aramid
09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I haven't seen it, but I doubt it will be.. All of his others aren't.