PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS BUG - using necro conversion, u cant cast any spell

Arex
08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi, i want report a very serious bug for Necromancer class, when u use one conversion spell on Nec, for example Seduction of Saryn (level 64), u cant cast any spell, because when spell is finishing of cast, u get a messagge saying the spell has been interrupted.

Since that conversion spells are very important for Nec class, it is a serious bug, because u cant cast any spell while using conversion, i had a nec 65 on eq live and i can say that it is a very disturbed bug for a nec.

Thank you!

Arex
08-24-2006, 10:58 AM
good, i have continued investigating on this issue, and i have discovered that it wasnt working correctly because my channeling skill was too much down...then it fix partially the problem, but i still think that conversion shouldnt interrupt any spell, because it isnt a dot...

Zengez
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
It's interupting because it considers teh dmg portion of the lich series as incoming damage, so you have to make a channeling check to beat it... yes it is a bug, but i don't know how to fix it.

vales
08-26-2006, 06:10 AM
All DoT damage does this, unfortunately. It has something to do with the proc animation for every tick. Maybe negating the animation effect would fix it.

I did notice last night that when I got rabies with my newbie paladin in Freeport, I didn't have the dot hitting animation/voice. Maybe this will help point everyone in the right direction. The only thing that was wrong with this is that Rabies isn't supposed to dot as severly as it did. Lucy has the spell info at 1 hp per tick, but I was down to about 5 per tick. It's supposed to be 5 initally and 1 per tick. I freaking hate rabies because it lasts forever (3 hour(s) 24.0 mins). I had well over 700+ hp and with about 10 minutes of just running around, I was already down 1 1/2 bubbles of life. That's a lot of hp. :p

mattmeck
08-26-2006, 07:21 AM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21094

vales
08-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Well damn, lol. You got me. :p Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Time to dust off the old necro then! :D

mattmeck
08-26-2006, 12:36 PM
please post these in spell support from now on, thats where these blong, and check to make sure its not already known.