PDA

View Full Version : Server back up

Doodman
09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
The box was silent on the network for a while.

It was being moved to the datacenter and had to be renumbered during the process.

When it came back up from the hard shutdown, one of the filesystems was corrupted and not repairable. I was able to mount it and get most of the data off of it to get the system back up and online.

It has not been rebooted since then, but will need to be soon to make sure it's reasonable clean. I'll leave it running for a little while so people can get on and play, post, chat, etc.

If you were using 209.165.244.252 to refer to eqemulator.net, then:
1) Shame on you. That's what DNS is for.
2) Shame, Shame on you. Really, that's what DNS is for.
3) Shame, shame, shame on you. Get the picture?
4) Don't and use eqemulator.net, www.eqemulator.net or whatever. It should (or will shorly, due to DNS propagation) resolve correctly.

Please PM me here or (preferrably) on IRC if you experience any issues.

Now back to you regular scheduled time wasting.

CrabClaw
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Good to see you back up! I was worried what had happend :)

John Adams
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
FYI, Wiki is having issues.

Query failed: insert into wikka_referrers set page_tag = 'HomePage', referrer = 'http://www.eqemulator.net/main.php', time = now() (Can't open file: 'wikka_referrers.MYI'. (errno: 145))

Looks like a table is missing.

swish
09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Anybody else got this problem ? I cant connect my server:

Debug] [WORLD__LS_ERR] Unable to resolve 'eqemulator.net' to an IP.

Please help =P

Thanks,
Swish.

Aramid
09-01-2006, 11:17 PM
There on a NEW Ip and the DNS has yet to update. It just takes time....

If you need a quick (TEMPORARY) fix, use 209.83.7.239 where you have eqemulator.net. Change it back in a day or so though...

swish
09-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Omg thank you! =P

though, bit shame there wasnt a post about it or something heh. But I cant complain =P

Thanks again =D

Pyrotek
09-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Wow!

Good to see the community is still alive. :)

LostZaphod
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Not Found
The requested URL /forums/newthread.php was not found on this server.

RangerDown
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
That /newthread not found is some kind of built-in paranoia module that was put into PHP to help prevent SQL attacks. Try rephrasing your post or avoid using lots of wierd punctuation, things like that (not really sure what triggers that thing, but those are some suggestions)

Belfedia
10-31-2006, 10:05 PM
That /newthread not found is some kind of built-in paranoia module that was put into PHP to help prevent SQL attacks. Try rephrasing your post or avoid using lots of wierd punctuation, things like that (not really sure what triggers that thing, but those are some suggestions)

This paranoia module work with PM too,
that why i can't answer to some PM...
I could see me that it hated the accentuated letters... As in French...

John Adams
11-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Not Found
The requested URL /forums/newthread.php was not found on this server.
I had this same problem posting a lengthy bug with Emu log content. Once I removed some of it, I could post again. Not sure which exact phrase was being caught though.