PDA

View Full Version : Unzipping Maps.tar.gz

Astartae
09-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Okay, I downloaded the maps.tar.gz file but I don't have a program to unzip it. Can anyone help me with this? I'm only posting this after an unfruitful search on the forum game up with nothing. Thanks.

PS - Sorry if this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure where to post this at.

mattmeck
09-02-2006, 05:34 PM
WinRaR is what you need

Astartae
09-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Nevermind. Winrar is doing the job, slowly but it is extracting the files. =) Thanks mattmeck, I replied before I saw you wrote pretty much the same thing! lol.

Astartae
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Any idea how long it should take to extract all the map files? So far it has been working on abysmal.map for the last 20 minutes even though it has been showing it is at 100%. Also that file in the maps folder is showing 0mb still. It extracted westwastes.map first (and fast) and it was only 6mbs.

Astartae
09-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok, got it working too. Installed a new version of winrar and it's extracting wonderfully. ;-)

John Adams
09-03-2006, 05:52 AM
I've learned a few things in my years of Support Forum surfing...

1) Everything starts working exactly 20 seconds after clicking "Submit" on your question.

2) Google is your friend.

3) It's been 3 days since Mattmeck has locked or scolded anyone for not reading the WIKI, so something is terribly wrong in the universe.

Astartae
09-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Wow, it's great to be able to fight and cast spells on npcs now! Although I did notice some zones are kind of empty. But not all! So I'm mostly happy! =)

Astartae
09-03-2006, 06:13 AM
1) Well, it was more like 20 minutes but yes I did get it working.

2) Yes, Google is usually my friend although lately it's been working a bit weird. Why are they trying to improve on it when it worked so good before? Have any of you noticed the minus symbol stop working right for you to exclude items in Google?

3) I did search the forum but no, not the wiki. I am new to using the wiki for this site and am not sure where the link for it is. But since everything is pretty much working I'm not going to bother looking for it now. ;-)

Have a nice day. For a wrong universe, I'm feeling pretty right today.