PDA

View Full Version : Resisting/Broken Spells (Slows, mem wipe, malos, lull, harmony)

vales
09-08-2006, 08:56 AM
As of today, I tested some spells with a friend of mine. I've been playing EQ since Beta3 (still have my CD :p) and he's been playing since retail release. We decided to go back and test some spells that weren't working so everyone can have an idea of what's working or not.

1.) Malos line of spells
Right now, Malos gets resisted every single time. This was with a 37 Shaman in City of Mist and other areas. Malos and Slow all get resisted with a very high resistance it seems. Also, there are a few topics that say slow isn't working as implemented on mobs but on players instead. I tried it with Malos
and I still got resists. Target had a magic resist of 220. Tried it naked (no MR) and it worked - his MR went down considerably (which is wrong). It's supposed to reduce the resistances to poison, fire and cold as well. This spell is crucial for the Shaman and mage class because it's usually cast before slowing/nuking, making slows and other spells land much easier.

2.) Slow spells
Like I mentioend above, it seems to work on players but not mobs. Anything several levels above/below and equal to the shaman's level resists the spell. When it does land (if the target is a green con to the shaman), the mob isn't slowed at all. A level 70 Shaman casting slow works fine on any mob it seems, but a shaman lower in levels casting it on mobs around/equal to their levels get resisted all the time.

3.) Lull
Before the fix (when they didn't work) it aggroed the mob when you casted on it. However, Soothe (the next spell in the line) works fine. Maybe Lull was omitted accidentally? Also, Druid and Ranger harmony spells (the same effect, but AE instead) does not work at all. Everything comes after you when you cast it. XD

4.) Memory Wipe
This spell isn't functioning at all. The message appears, but as soon as it wears off, the mob comes after the enchanter with a vengeance. Maybe implementing the way Feign Death works on the spell could help clear the aggro? Enchanters are currently getting the snot beat out of them when they cast it. :p

vales
09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Forgot to add that Wizard familiars do not zone with the caster. Seems like Shaman, Druid, Necro and Mage pets work fine. Also, can any one confirm that Wizard familiars have their effects working?

Just caught this bug.
If you buff yourself with a Charisma buff (shaman) and try to cast SoW, you get the message "Your spell dis not take hold." :p

InsaneWallaby
09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
I also believe that faction-raising spells are currently not implemented, although this could have changed recently, as I last tested this out with the source from mid-July.