PDA

View Full Version : EQ2 Emulator?

link2009
09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Are there any EQ2 emulators out yet?

John Adams
09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
This is an EQ emulator site, not EQ2. You might try Google?

maverick3n1
09-11-2006, 04:20 PM
No need to bust his chops.. EQ and EQ 2 are made by the same people and have a similiar fan base, so I'd say he has a perfectly legitament question... Maybe there are people on here working on an EQ2Emu... It wouldn't suprise you, would it?

link2009
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
So...is there an EQ2 Emulator out there? I tried gooogle..:)

I did find: http://sourceforge.net/projects/eq2emulator/

But there are no files..

GeorgeS
09-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes, there's an closed source eq2emu but the site has been down a while
I think rangerdown (also is a dev. here) may know more

GeorgeS

John Adams
09-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Well since Maverick3n1 seems to think we should answer questions here about any and all SOE supported games, yet offers no solution to those he champions; up top in the menu bar here, click the Search button and type in "EQ2Emu" and see what comes up on this very site. Quite helpful.

And Mav, please have the balls to tell the admins/devs here to not "bust someones chops" because they are asking an irrelevant question. At least I attempted to help, as unsatisfactory as that may be to you.

(btw, kudos to the OP for at least starting the thread in off-topic, since it is :))

mattmeck
09-13-2006, 06:57 AM
#1, Onve of the developers for EQEmu also run the EQ2Emu project but was deployed to Iraq and the project is on hold.

#2, WTF is up with the Admin bashing when I hadnt even posted in this thread? Talk about moff subject.

#3, this wasnt started in off topic, he started it in general support and I moved it.

link2009
09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Alright, I think I received my answer. No need to start arguments.

Thank you for all your answers.

maverick3n1
09-16-2006, 12:32 PM
It only makes sense that the creators of EQEmu would consider working on EQ2Emu, just as someone asking SoE if they are in production of, or considering making an EQ3. His question wasn't entirely without merrit...

I personally have searched for EQ2Emu on google, and just got a round about, with nothing directly pertaining to who makes EQ2Emu, or where to get it. Only people talking here and there about it possibly existing.

<-- [Heart] Admins/Mods/Devs =) Won't find me badmouthing them. As an Admin on other sites, I know how important it is to have the existance of volunteer mods/devs etc.. no hate here =)

maverick3n1
09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
oh, and for John Adams here.. (As an Anime Cartoon sticking out their tongue at him...) "PITA!" *grin*

sdabbs65
09-18-2006, 05:54 AM
This project is no longer maintained like matt said.
it's still on sourcforge if you want to play around with it.
as far as support, umm I doubt you will find any.
but it does work with my old eq2 backup archive.
barebones to say the least.

http://eq2emulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eq2emulator/Alpha/

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@eq2emulator.cvs.sourceforge.ne t:/cvsroot/eq2emulator login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@eq2emulator.cvs.sourceforge.ne t:/cvsroot/eq2emulator co -P modulename

link2009
09-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Thank you so much for that last post, I can finally fiddle and release a good version of EQ2Emu ;) But for god's sake, I am using Tortoise CVS to get the repository and I can't insert a blank password for anonymous and it won't work! I even tried my sourceforge.net user/pass and it still won't accept it! Can you help me a little lol? Thanks :)

John Adams
09-20-2006, 02:51 PM
oh, and for John Adams here.. (As an Anime Cartoon sticking out their tongue at him...) "PITA!" *grin*
Hehe much <3 @ u 2!! :)

John Adams
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
#2, WTF is up with the Admin bashing when I hadnt even posted in this thread? Talk about moff subject.
I wasn't admin bashing. I was challenging Mav. ;)

I <heart> the red man with the wiki stick.

sdabbs65
09-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Thank you so much for that last post, I can finally fiddle and release a good version of EQ2Emu ;) But for god's sake, I am using Tortoise CVS to get the repository and I can't insert a blank password for anonymous and it won't work! I even tried my sourceforge.net user/pass and it still won't accept it! Can you help me a little lol? Thanks :)

I use WINCVS.
there is no password you just press return in dos when I check it out.
you not going to be able to fiddle much because they didnt release a
login server for it... just server code.
Tortoise CVS isnt the right way to check out this project. unless it supports blank passwords.

link2009
09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I feel like such a noob but I can't export the module...can you please give me a few instructions? :-x

link2009
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Nevermind, I did it, thanks a lot.

link2009
12-02-2006, 05:54 AM
Well, after countless hours of reading through the source, I have not yet been able to make the LoginServer function :(. Any programmers here want to help?

link2009
02-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Doesn't ANYBODY care about EQ2? :'(.

Can I at least buy www.eqemulator2.net and re-start this great project?

Kayot
02-12-2007, 01:29 AM
I care, I just don't have any C++ skills. I would love an EQ2emu. Also, I don't have a live account. I wouldn't even know where to start.

EQ2 is really pretty and I like how the tradeskills are integrated. I do wish more people who knew how to program in C++ and had a general idea how it worked would jump in.

As for me, it'll be some time before I can help. (I plan to take classes in programming at main campus)

P.S. While www.eqemulator2.net is an offical name. Ever think to reg www.EQ2emu.net so people could type it in faster? Then later you could buy www.eqemulator2.net when it times out and set up a redirect.

John Adams
02-13-2007, 06:34 AM
If EQ2 emulator was out, I would likely be tormenting their site admin rather than Mattmeck. But alas, here we are...

Kayot
02-14-2007, 03:13 AM
I need to learn C++ (Or C#). It would be fun to pioneer a new EMU project. I'll call back to this in a few quarters.

link2009
02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I already have a server, so as long as I can speak and agree with a team of 2-6 individuals, I plan to create this EqEmu2 website and move all discussions there.

I bet we could get more info EQ2-related than on this site. code snippers, injections, packet sniffers etc... all EQ2 related...

So who's in?

Knightofteirdal
02-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey folks EQ2Emu mod to the stars Aaden Here, DONT TRY TO START A EQ2EMU!! You will get nowhere as far as where we were when LE was shipped off to Afghanistan. You guys seriously just need to wait it out until he gets back and we can straighten things out. Also you guys wouldnt be able to comprehend the immense knowledge it took to get the early versions out. We had alot of help from people within the mmo industry on what to look for in the code and general structure of how each client works etc. So please, just wait it out and save your self the hours of going wtf. Also eq2emulator.net is down because its hosted at krushers and Rogean hasnt had a chance to bring it back up yet. So yeah chill.

link2009
02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
@Knight:

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this, but there are numerous World of Warcraft emulators that use completely different routines to emulate the server in terms of algorithms and network code. I believe that the more people work on an emulator, the more will be exploited and easier ways to do things will be found. I doubt Professional C++ Programmers and Network Analysts will say 'WTF?'.

So, as a conclusion, I'd rather not 'chill', but I'd rather broaden my horizons and absorb all that knowledge you say you've absorbed by creating this ALPHA-emulator.

Knightofteirdal
02-16-2007, 10:00 AM
I know that and most of the WoW ones that are out there are horrid and have extreme stability issues. Im merely stating that in the time it would take you to get a stable alpha out eq2emu would already be revived by le.

mattmeck
02-16-2007, 12:00 PM
For those that dont know LE isnt deployed anymore, hasnt been for a while, he is now stationed in Europe.

Dont wait on him...

Kayot
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
What is the new EQ2emu going to be programmed in?

link2009
02-18-2007, 06:13 AM
So, apparently LE (the creator of the EQ2 emulator, has left). With all due respect and no offense, I can just say that the EQ2 Emulator project will be on hold forever and nothing will get done if we just wait. If a lot of people really want an EQ2 emulator then we should start making one.

I presume it will be re-written in C++, as it's the easiest way to program Network Code.

So, now we'll just have to wait a while, for a website, a team and possibly, in a few months, an emulator :P. I'll see about that website.

Kayot
02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, in two quarters I'll be taking C# and C++ classes. While not the best way to learn, it will kick start me. And by that point my EQemu Editor should be finished so I'll attempt to join the team, only one thing though. I'm a broke college student so we need people who will play the game and get the call codes and packets ^-^. I might be able to get an account, but food and electric comes before Online games, and toilet paper.

link2009
02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Hehe, clearly. Keep yourself alive before Sony :P. We just need a few people who will get the packets, I know a few friends and I'm sure some people around here can help. But first, I need the bloody site up :P. Will start working soon.

Knightofteirdal
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
./sigh If that is the case i will help you with your adventure until you get to the point at which you want to give up. I am usually on irc in the #eq2emu channel

link2009
02-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I know you are, I spoke with you yesterday ;). I'll see you there soon, need to finish up some work and the weekend in around the corner.

So far, I think I can get the Alpha setup properly again.

John Adams
03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Best wishes to you in this endeavor. I am very interested in seeing an EQ2 Emulator, and would provide any data I can including packet capture if needed.

Hellbend
04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Ready to Help if needed.

techguy84
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I too would also love to see a EQ2 Emu, but I have some doubts with it.

I love playing live on EQ2, simply because its more quality then Live on EQ1 was. On EQ1, everyone and there sister was a twinked out lvl 500 newbie. No one understood character dynamics anymore and that just made things suck really bad. In 2, there is more of a balance between Characters. No more uberly powerful lvl 10 people running around with super gear and a lack of what to do with it. Furthermore I havent seen but 2 people since Eq2 came out that were above level 40 and didnt know how to handle there character and their role in a group.

It is with that, that I dont think that I would be as much into a emulated version of EQ2 simply because of the loss of available players. EqEmu was built because we all were tired of the way EQ1 went after the Luclin expansion. Most of the issues in EQ1 no longer exist in EQ2. There are some unbalancing issues, like a conjourer's amazing ability to solo most of his/her life, but thats about it.

But thats just my 2cp worth.

Anyhow, I would gladly help with whatever I could on the new project if we got it going. This project has inspired me to start working on C++, but I dont know how that is going to go. I do know that I could packet collect the crap out of EQ2 though, once I get my account back up with them. I have playing most characters down pat up to about lvl 25 with playing a Conji up to lvl 45. I can get through most of the beginners stuff quite fast so I can packet collect on all that stuff.

Arkaiden
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Isn't it possible for someone to reup the alpha source of eq2emu???
I'm quite interested in it because I'm programming for several years now and want to put some fun into my daily programming.

techguy84
05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
The alpha is still available via cvs at SF

http://eq2emulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eq2emulator/Alpha/Zip%20Files/

You can download the source and the alpha binary there. Still need a loginserver though.

LethalEncounter
05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Europe? No, I havent been assigned to Europe although I was there for a couple of weeks. I was working on EQ2Emu when the server that was hosting the project went down for a while. Not sure what happened to it, but I was too busy at the time to try to figure out why. When I got back from Afghanistan last June I had a different set of priorities than when I had left. That is why I havent worked on the emu since then. I kind of figured noone cared about EQ2 anymore so I decided to stop wasting time on something that I thought wouldnt be used. As for the future of the EQ2Emu, your guess is as good as mine. I am currently working on another project that I hope will be completed in the next few weeks and I might revive the emu, but I currently dont have any plans of doing so.

-LE

link2009
05-05-2007, 08:07 AM
The legend is back ;).

Nice to see you back Lethal. Numerous rumors have been spread around that you were actually deployed in Europe and didn't have time to play around with the Emulator. I hope you're experience was enjoyable and 'well-mannered'. I'm glad you're back from Afghanistan and I'd actually like to hear about your experience :D.

I just want you to know quite a lot of people are interested in EQ2 and hopefully, you'll want to resurrect the project.

It's great to have you back. I'm actually going to start a new 'EQ2 - Community' so to speak of and try to resurrect the project. If you could dedicated a little time or energy, please PM me so we can chat a little...if you want to, of course.

techguy84
05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
How much would it take to get the server back up. At least getting it off the ground and in a functioning order. Maybe make it work with the out of box original eq2, as that seems about where it was the time it died. Heck, i would be happy with that As I still have a original version, as do most eq2 players. OOOOO just think of the possibilties. The eye candyish graphics......mmmmmmm.

Im just a loner, pay no attention to me. :-)

Hellbend
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Nice to see notices about you again, Lethal !!!

There are a lot of people asking for a EQ2Emu project, and I think
nothing better than you to continue your project in the future, if you can.

I'm glad to help if someone work in a EQ2emu. I have 2 accounts active and I'm ready to start working when needed (and I'm sure more other people also) ;)

Ummmm... I think this night I can sleep a bit better than yesterday. :)
Really, I'm very happy to see Lethal again over here. It's a new ray of hope
for all the EQ2 addicts.
I want a EQ2 emulator to traslate to Spanish lang the quests. I know in my country a lot of people don't playing this great game only for the idiom problem. I don't understand why SOE don't traslate this game to Spanish lang (like WOW). :(

link2009
05-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Hellbend, glad to have you on the train ;). Alright guys, I'll be creating a whole new EQ2 Forum / Site where we can discuss EQ2-Specific topics. I hope this way everyone can easily get back on track with the emulator. Please god let it evolve into something great. :grin:

alfa24t
05-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Same here I have 2 accounts on official and still playing, if you need help :p
Greate news to see EQIIEmu have chance to "reborn" !

CrabClaw
05-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Sounds fun, I played EQ2 for at least a year straight since launch (and all it's crazy patch re-balancing permutations, :) ). I would love to beta for you. Would you start with the multi pack edition as a base or vanilla EQ2? Would you use PostGreSQL or stick with MySQL? :)

link2009
05-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Sounds fun, I played EQ2 for at least a year straight since launch (and all it's crazy patch re-balancing permutations, :) ). I would love to beta for you. Would you start with the multi pack edition as a base or vanilla EQ2? Would you use PostGreSQL or stick with MySQL? :)

Great to know a lot of people are interested ;).

We'll probably start with Vanilla EQ2, then move up to the Expansions / Adventure packs but so far nothing is for sure. MySQL will probably be used as more people are familiar with it and InnoDB is quite fast.

alfa24t
05-07-2007, 08:24 AM

We'll probably start with Vanilla EQ2, then move up to the Expansions / Adventure packs but so far nothing is for sure. MySQL will probably be used as more people are familiar with it and InnoDB is quite fast.

So a chance for T5 only ? Greate ! (Because T6 class revamp suxx lol) If you need help or other I'm here ^^

Just questions:
- You plane to write a Geodata engine ?
- How about script and AI ?

If you can't answer me no probs ^^ I understand :P

link2009
05-07-2007, 08:26 AM
So T5 only ? Greate ! (Because T6 class revamp suxx lol) If you need help or other I'm here ^^

Well...we could always use more programmers ;).

alfa24t
05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm not very good in C+ :P

But no prob for MySQL ^^ or collectiong info on live

CrabClaw
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Sounds great :) I loved the vanilla EQ2 experience way better. Will there be minilogin type setup so I can test things out in my own private sandbox? I usually like my own non-intrusive testbed for scripting quests and such (depending on how the quest scripting is, I guess).

But yes I would be excited to see an EQ2Emu setup. I felt it was what they should have done with EQ in the first place. More streamlined, balanced play and a more flowing game experience as you progress through the content. It seems they are trying to do this with EQLive with the zone revamps, but EQ will always be a bit of a hodgepodge of conflicting uber-highend content, which I feel it makes it hard for contributors and data-dudes to know what to focus on (who wants to spend a lot of time re-creating PoP, DoN and GoD raid zones to be by the book? - ugh). EQ2 smoothed that all out to a more palatable plate of fun.

(Plus being able to get 'under the hood' with EQ2 and tweak things is what turned me on to EQEmu to start with - and still does.)

John Adams
05-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I populated a database with the sqls from sourceforge, and ran the world.exe - however, it's whining about wanting a loginserver. I haven't had time to dig around for one, so if anyone knows if one exists, let us know.

(unless it's in the source, and I somehow missed it)

alfa24t
05-08-2007, 04:59 AM
What is work with the sources ATM (Skills formulas, instance system, geodata,...) ?

CrabClaw
05-08-2007, 05:56 AM
I populated a database with the sqls from sourceforge, and ran the world.exe - however, it's whining about wanting a loginserver. I haven't had time to dig around for one, so if anyone knows if one exists, let us know.

(unless it's in the source, and I somehow missed it)

If this is the project I think it is, I believe they never released a standalone login server, it was in-house.

link2009
05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
If this is the project I think it is, I believe they never released a standalone login server, it was in-house.

Don't think that you're the only one who tried running it ;). No, the login server has never been released and I'm sure it's really similar to the EQ-Emu one. I even tried using MiniLogin to make it work, but sadly...it failed.

alfa24t
05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I shearch on web for EQ2Emu login server files or something like and found this
hxxp://www.cosmichub.com/justin/eq2emu/ it is a fake or ?

John Adams
05-08-2007, 11:32 PM
There seems to be a lot of little splinter factions regarding EQ2Emulator communities. It would be nice if we had an official site for it that we could call "home base". I have a site designed specifically for my own Emu servers, but it was not meant to support a development community - just my own private server when it became available (hey, i am a forward-thinking kinda guy!)

I think our first step would be to create the community - see what our assets are. And, if there is no [compiled] loginserver.exe, well I'm out. No way I have the knowledge to sort out all the secret masonic handshake crap that needs to go on between a server and a client.

LethalEncounter
05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I shearch on web for EQ2Emu login server files or something like and found this
hxxp://www.cosmichub.com/justin/eq2emu/ it is a fake or ?
If I remember correctly, that was created by someone who was going to design the website for us almost 2 years ago. I cant remember if it was the same person that ended up being our web designer. That site isnt real or anything.

There seems to be a lot of little splinter factions regarding EQ2Emulator communities. It would be nice if we had an official site for it that we could call "home base". I have a site designed specifically for my own Emu servers, but it was not meant to support a development community - just my own private server when it became available (hey, i am a forward-thinking kinda guy!)

I think our first step would be to create the community - see what our assets are. And, if there is no [compiled] loginserver.exe, well I'm out. No way I have the knowledge to sort out all the secret masonic handshake crap that needs to go on between a server and a client.

Yes, we have a login server. I am the one who created it for the most part with the help of some of the other devs of eqemu. I still have the source for it, including alot of changes that I never checked into our svn server. I also have quite a few changes to world that I never got around to releasing as well.

John Adams
05-09-2007, 10:14 AM
LE, you little tease. :)

Is that bait set for us to start pleading for an update? hee hee.

I'd love to add an EQ2Emu to my collection.

alfa24t
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Good question !
Cross finger and wait for reply :P

link2009
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I've spoken with LE numerous times.

So, here's the current status of the EQ2 Emulator Project:

The old 18 Month Source Code is available at the CVS Repository.
LE has the current Login Server and it's database.
His 'new' version is currently 'closed-source', which is why we'll have to wait until he decides to release it to the public to actually test the emulator first-hand.
And finally, if he decides to continue his GREAT (:)) project, then the source will remain closed or if he decides he wants to give it to the developers, we'll all get our dirty hands over it.

Any questions? :-D

Hellbend
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info, Link.

Really,if we are waiting 2 years for this good notices, i think we have not problem to wait some more time. :)

But ... while we wait... its possible help with other things? capturing,etc?

If someone know a way to help while LE return (if he return to this project (please, please, please)) ,please, let me know. It's a pleasure for me help if possible, not problem with the time required, I have a cibercafe with a lot of time free (and I can be a LAN betatester in the furute if needed)

By the moment, I will don't put more pressure over LE and all people that make the emulator possible. It's not the best way to see soon the emulator up.
Thanks guys for your work !!

link2009
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the info, Link.

Really,if we are waiting 2 years for this good notices, i think we have not problem to wait some more time. :)

But ... while we wait... its possible help with other things? capturing,etc?

If someone know a way to help while LE return (if he return to this project (please, please, please)) ,please, let me know. It's a pleasure for me help if possible, not problem with the time required, I have a cibercafe with a lot of time free (and I can be a LAN betatester in the furute if needed)

By the moment, I will don't put more pressure over LE and all people that make the emulator possible. It's not the best way to see soon the emulator up.
Thanks guys for your work !!

Well, for now, I think LE should assemble a new Dev team based solely on the EQ2-Emu.

A lot of people have been asking me if they can help, but for now, all we can do is wait for LE to make his first move. Glad to see your interested in this project too :-)

LethalEncounter
05-10-2007, 07:43 AM
You misunderstood me. IF I continue the project the LOGIN server will remain closed source. IF I continued then I might eventually release a minilogin as well. World source has and will always remain open source. I used to have a script that uploaded the latest stuff from my svn server to the public cvs server at sourceforge. I am currently in the process of getting all this as well as the website working again on one of my local servers. Once it is working again, it will allow you to create new servers/accounts on the public login server. Regardless of whether I decide to work on the project or not, I will still open up the login server and my latest world source as soon as I get everything setup again.

You can connect to my public login server at lethalencounter.eq2emulator.net if you meet the following criteria:

1. You already have an account on the old login server
AND
2. You had a version that was previously working with the emu

I've spoken with LE numerous times.

So, here's the current status of the EQ2 Emulator Project:

The old 18 Month Source Code is available at the CVS Repository.
LE has the current Login Server and it's database.
His 'new' version is currently 'closed-source', which is why we'll have to wait until he decides to release it to the public to actually test the emulator first-hand.
And finally, if he decides to continue his GREAT (:)) project, then the source will remain closed or if he decides he wants to give it to the developers, we'll all get our dirty hands over it.

Any questions? :-D

alfa24t
05-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Any one could tell me the game build revision need for log in ?

CrabClaw
05-13-2007, 08:37 AM
It would probably Vanilla EQ2 with no patches. right?

alfa24t
05-13-2007, 10:13 AM
It would probably Vanilla EQ2 with no patches. right?

Sorry but I'm French EQ2 Vanilla = fresh install of US game version ? or where I can found this version please ?

LethalEncounter
05-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I dont think it matters if you have a different language version. If I got it fixed, it would work for your version as well.

alfa24t
05-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I dont think it matters if you have a different language version. If I got it fixed, it would work for your version as well.

L E.... I love you :P

link2009
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Known version to work:

SOEBuild= 1700+

Easiest way to know is by installing Vanilla EQ2 (Yes, from your CDs or DVDs) and attemp to connect. If you get a client patching error, then your version is outdated.

alfa24t
05-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Known version to work:

SOEBuild= 1700+

Easiest way to know is by installing Vanilla EQ2 (Yes, from your CDs or DVDs) and attemp to connect. If you get a client patching error, then your version is outdated.

My version form french DVD is "SOEBuild= 1360" :P

CrabClaw
05-14-2007, 12:56 AM
(*laughs*) Sorry if I confused you with the slang for 'generic-unpatched' EQ2, I might as well said Cherry EQ2! But yes, it means an install straight from the CDs.

:)

alfa24t
05-14-2007, 02:39 AM
(*laughs*) Sorry if I confused you with the slang for 'generic-unpatched' EQ2, I might as well said Cherry EQ2! But yes, it means an install straight from the CDs.

:)

French version (on DVD) is too old :P or maybe the SOEBuild version corresponding with language.

I have buy a DVD of EQ2 US version, waiting for and after go test ^^

link2009
05-14-2007, 07:42 AM
French version (on DVD) is too old :P or maybe the SOEBuild version corresponding with language.

I have buy a DVD of EQ2 US version, waiting for and after go test ^^

Don't buy the US Version. I have the exact same build as you. I'm trying to get it to work as we speak, I'll give you more information later.

John Adams
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry, did anyone else find "French Vanilla" just a little funny?

link2009
05-14-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry, did anyone else find "French Vanilla" just a little funny?

I found Cherry EQ2 funny ;).

techguy84
05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Where are you guys getting these flavors at. Mine just says Diet on the front of it.....

Sounds like a Coke product line up in here. So whos going to get around and make a loginserver for Pepsi?

Kayot
05-16-2007, 01:27 AM
So what do we do if we do not have an account yet? I have EQ2, the original box. In a way, the main reason I came to EQemu was for EQ2. I liked the scope of the game and the new tradeskill system. Even as an Emu it would encourage friendship. EQ does not really have a need for friends. In fact, it's possible to do everything (with rare exception) soloing.

I figure that the EQ2emu is no where near complete. The database is probably empty. But it would still be fun to play around ^-^.

P.S. I do not mind if the EQ2emu does not use expansions. I never played the expansions and personally, I never considered them worth it.

LethalEncounter
05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
If I start the emu again, I will focus on getting the original box game working before working on newer clients.

As for content I actually have a large database of stuff from the game. About 2 GB of content in fact (including about 20,000 items, 1300 quests, 1700 recipes, 10,000 objects, 19,000 item listings on merchants, etc) . Almost all of it hasnt been released in the eq2emu db because it is in a different format and I havent had a chance to convert it all yet. Most of it is original stuff from the beta version before it went live. It should be very interesting stuff.

Hellbend
05-16-2007, 08:15 AM
OMG !!!

I know a while ago I said that I could wait all time of the world if needed, but... It's not possible !! Not possible after hear things so beatiful, it's almost as a torture !! :D

If i'm not wrong, "recover-your-shard-before-die" is running in this version?
I remember... nice days, when a death player need recover their shard.

Congrats, LE... really a lot of stuff !!

Every day that happens to me, it would like more, be trying the EQ2emu.

I think, the next days,weeks and months will be too many long for me. :smile:

Kayot
05-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Nice DB, what do you plan to use for the DB?

Also, are quests stored in the DB instead of in Perl scripts?

^-^ I figure it'll be a while (Don't rush), so just wondering. I still remember the long collection quests. And the odd part was I had more iron then tin. Good times. Hope you decide to work on it again. I'll beta, though you might hate my long winded reports.

P.S. Anyone ever become a scribe and then figure out how rare all the items where? Man that pissed me off. Should've been a cook!

link2009
05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
LoL! Hey Kayot ;).

So far the Emu is using MySQL InnoDB if I'm not mistaken :x. And in the version I've got, there arent' any quests available :P.

CrabClaw
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, 1300 quests? I think there were only 1750-ish in the original game so this sounds good (I'll have to check my Prima guide). :) We'll see what we got to work with though when the thing is up.

LethalEncounter
05-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll see if I can make a webpage that can display them all. If so, I'll post it on my website.

Kayot
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Why do I suddenly feel like a wolf thats liking it's chops?

LethalEncounter
05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
OK, I have a fairly simple page designed to display some of the quest details like quest steps, coins, and items. You can view it here:

http://LethalEncounter.EQ2Emulator.net/quests.php (http://LethalEncounter.EQ2Emulator.net/quests.php)

Kayot
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Does the sign-up work?

^-^ I have vanilla EQ2 so thats not a problem.

Sorry, it's the anticipation. It's killing me.

techguy84
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Kayot, was wondering where you went to. Did you pull your guide down off of the wiki...... Oops thread jacking there sorry.

Anyhow, I also have a Carmel Coated Neopoliain flavored version of EQ2, with sprinkels. Need less to say its the orignal, So I am anxouis to get on this just to see it in action. Well, I just now noticed the link so I am off to look at the site, Cheers!!!

p.S Thank you LE for takeing the time to work on this. I have a feeling that if you can make it working, it will explode with a population since EQ2 is still very very popular.

alfa24t
05-17-2007, 09:37 PM
OK, I have a fairly simple page designed to display some of the quest details like quest steps, coins, and items. You can view it here:

http://LethalEncounter.EQ2Emulator.net/quests.php (http://LethalEncounter.EQ2Emulator.net/quests.php)

Very nice job and very big list ^^
I have check on Ogaming you are near to have all Original game quest

alfa24t
05-18-2007, 01:40 AM
LE if you continue project how you plain to have correct skills and characters stats ?

bobbydole
05-18-2007, 03:22 AM
this sounds fun! Add me to the list of people eagerly waiting :)

alfa24t
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Any news about project status ?

Zengez
05-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Just a thought and I'll be honest I didn't have the time to pour over the whole thread so if this is a repeat, slap me silly... but;

I saw that you guys decided to go with EQ2 the original box edition, which makes sense, get the original areas populated first to make sure you got something to work with...

The only thing I was gonna mention though is that I remember EQ2, like every other MMO ever created, was pretty buggy on release... I don't know how much of that is client side and how much is server side, but It might be worth considering using an EQ2 original with EQ2 Desert of Ro or whatever the first expansion was called as a basis, both box installs, that way you get the patches to cover all the release crap that was messed up, but you only need to work on the original stuff and ignore the deserts of Ro expansion for everything but the client side patches

/shrug, like I said, just a thought, maybe I'm crazy!

CrabClaw
05-22-2007, 04:09 AM
I was on the IRC and LE told me he was working through the packets and updating them to get the client to work. He has to use packets from six months post release so it will take a bit of work to get the client responding again. So things may take a bit, but no problem, thats the nature of EMU dev-ing - patience is a virtue.

I do know about some of the the bugs for the pre-DoF EQ2, but I think (my assumption) we'll have deal with them for the time being until we see what we got. I will venture to guess any packet collection (at launch, for the first six months, not sure about current data) anyone has done would be helpful.

techguy84
05-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Any status on this. LE's site went down after the hosting switch so I was just curious when it may be back up. I'm anxsious ot play, but even more to hear some news on it. Hopefully he can get it back up and get some boards on it so we can stoping beating off-topic to death overhere.

alfa24t
05-28-2007, 05:48 AM
So site down = project down ? :(

bayk
05-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Just noticed you are starting the EQ2EMU back up I would love to help in anyway I can I and some friends run 2 WoW private servers and 1 L2 server we would love to help with EQ2EMu anyway we can. I've a EQ2 Person at heart.

techguy84
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Just noticed you are starting the EQ2EMU back up I would love to help in anyway I can I and some friends run 2 WoW private servers and 1 L2 server we would love to help with EQ2EMu anyway we can. I've a EQ2 Person at heart.

Can you or your friends program. Thats probably what LE is in need most of. There is alot to coding the emulator though, as you have to be able to understand C, networking and its communication methods, things like that. Also database work would be helpful, like fluency in MySQL.

Packet collecting is always a big thing as without it, there wouldnt be much of a world. Its the easiest to do as it requires no knowledge but how to run a program. Sometimes SOE can monitor and find out wether your using these or not so your account may be up for termination. Its a risk, but everything is now a day.

Hope this helps out.

P.S. I should add a disclaimer to all the above, as I may be 100% wrong, but its to my knowledge that the about is true. Feel free to correct me on anything and as always, wait for LE to say something since he knows far more than any of us.

LethalEncounter
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Ahh, I didnt realize that the dns wasnt resolving. Apparently Rogean was using the old machine to host the eq2emulator domain. I'll see if I can get the subdomain pointed back at my box.

I am in the process of getting the original box set of EQ2 to login properly. I found some packet logs from a couple of months after launch that will help greatly. Even if I decide not to continue with the project I will at least leave you guys with a server that you can login with the original client. If I dont decide to stay with the project I will release the login server code as well.

As for packet logs, those will be a problem. The creator of EverDump (Acid1789) now works for SOE on EQ2 and he broke (fixed) the old method of getting the encryption key. Without the key, we cant decrypt the data and see any new data from live. Luckily if we continue with the original client we wont need any new packet logs. Unfortunately, this also means that some features may never work properly.

techguy84
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey, great to finally here some news about this. I appricate you keeping it going for a little longer and even possibly handing over the helm to others that are intersted to keep it going, should you decied to drop it.

Personally, I would like to see some new content, but to be completly honest, I myself would be happy with a OOB working version of the original. It severly limits the things we can do and such, but it works for me and for alot of others.

If we cant packet collect from live anymore, can we still make a live compatible client. I dunno squat about this, but is a question as to allow the community to thrive, we would have to move beyond the original box set sometime as not a whole lot of people would have it. I keep all my EQ stuff packed away, hell, I still have the original box for EQ when it first come out, along with the kunark bundle after that,,, hmmm good times good times.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing this thing in action once its back up. Does the player signup work or is it just there incase of futer implemtation. I never used it when it first come out so I dont have a old account there.

John Adams
06-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Personally, I would like to see some new content
We are fortunate to have anyone willing to attempt this today, since for the last 2 years not one coder has stepped up to the plate to offer assistance. Learn to crawl before we try sprinting, yes?

but is a question as to allow the community to thrive, we would have to move beyond the original box set sometime as not a whole lot of people would have it.
In this age of free information, there's literally nothing that cannot be found on the internet. ;)

Good points, all. But I wouldn't push for modern content until you see a solid base project that everyone can enjoy.

techguy84
06-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not pushing. If we just set at Original Box version for the rest of the projects life cycle, I am still super content by that.

It would be intriguing to see things I have never seen before, but if that puts strain on anyone at all, I am not for it. I am one that like people to work at there own pace. I use to manage a restaurant, and this was my motto. Turnover was outrageuos before I took over and with this idea, It dropped tremendously because people were happier, enjoyed work, and didnt feel slave driven.

My main point about the coding the LS and emu for up to date clients was simply to allow those that are currently playing LIVE and started after the original box a oppourtunity to try it out. I know there are several several ways to find a original box of EQ, some not so legit, but even with "those" sites it gets harder and harder to find something of that age when there is more current version out. I did manage to come across a game called LOOM, if anyone remembers that. Back in the 386 days it was pretty popular.

If there is a project like this and the orignal box is all that will do, you may see a surge of sources out there. Ebay and things. We cant point to anything other than Ebay so we cant exactly help boost community population. But where theres a will, there is a way.

Anyhow, I am not going to keep going, for fear of bamnation. Its still a truly exciting time for the EQ2 players though. Why cant it be as easy to code a server for EQ2 as it was for the multiude of variants for WoW. Course blizz was new to the MMORPG scene so shame on them for not sealing and breaking things up a little better. Give it to SOE to prevent fun and free"dom"!

EDIT: After browsing around, I have found around 20 or 30 original box sets on Ebay, so it may not be that hard after all. Best part is there are all selling for under $10!!

LethalEncounter
06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Those logs from two months after the game was released arent going to work. After spending countless hours trying to figure out the spawn packet so that I could log my character into the game using the original client, I am leaning towards using a client from a date where I definately have the logs necessary to create a working client. The problem with this of course is that we would need a way to distribute the files or otherwise noone would be able to play it. Not sure of any other way to do it.

alfa24t
06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
If you can upload the files I can host for you :P

Just tell me in pm I provide you logs and pass

John Adams
06-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Those logs from two months after the game was released arent going to work. After spending countless hours trying to figure out the spawn packet so that I could log my character into the game using the original client, I am leaning towards using a client from a date where I definately have the logs necessary to create a working client. The problem with this of course is that we would need a way to distribute the files or otherwise noone would be able to play it. Not sure of any other way to do it.
Will any of the expansion pack releases work? I have a DoF disc set here. I think the other expansions have been DD tho, if I recall.

Or, since the project is re-awakening, just put a line in the sand saying "Gotta have a fresh install of [whatever the current combo pack] in order to play EQ2Emu" like we do here for Titanium. I do not think that is an unrealistic requirement.

Kayot
06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
It is unrealistic if he lacks the packets for that client. The reason we can use Titanium is because the packets were collected for it the day it came out. I however would like a newer client as the addition of the stamina meter made my life so much easer. I wasn't in competition with people who really have no life at all.

LethalEncounter
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
We can get live packets decrypted again as of tonight. :)

I will be working on a packet collector project that should help out quite a bit if we want to use the latest client instead of an old one. What do you guys think about that? After the packet logger is finished, getting packet logs of everything imaginable from the latest client. Then we get a emulator working with that version and never worry about keeping up with live again. If we get enough packet logs, it should be pretty trivial.

techguy84
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I think that would be a bit of alright. But, let me double check here, your saying that you could make a PC for LIVE and we could collect on it and build the emulator from the current updated LIVE. Just make sure here. That would seem like a very logical approach to start with. It shame though that I just let my LIVE account go. May have to pay a month and start it back up to collect some.

Arkaiden
06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm player Eq2 since Beta, so it would be easy for me running around all zones gathering Packet information. Your Packetcollector should have the feature, to separate logs by zones. This should be easy regarding the logfile EQ2 can create.

Easiest way is to program the PC in that way, that u can just activate it and start running around, to collect Spawndata.

Even combat could be separated in the logs, because the client logs all chatmessages. Everything after "You start attacking" is combat etc ...

The EQ2 Client gives a handy "tool" to define what any packet does.

Even if I think Lethal already knows that, I wanted to mention this. =)

LethalEncounter
06-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I think that would be a bit of alright. But, let me double check here, your saying that you could make a PC for LIVE and we could collect on it and build the emulator from the current updated LIVE. Just make sure here. That would seem like a very logical approach to start with. It shame though that I just let my LIVE account go. May have to pay a month and start it back up to collect some.

Yes, PC from LIVE is now possible.

alfa24t
06-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Yes, PC from LIVE is now possible.

Very good news ^^

Arkaiden
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
@Lethal

Whe do u release ur PC, so we can start collecting. I'm starting out a new char so time would be perfect.

John Adams
06-12-2007, 01:27 AM
So collecting isn't as simple as turning on a linux box with tcpdump, eh? heh! I look forward to a 'safe' way to suck data, and with a handful of mid-bie chars, I will definitely help collect any of the zones I can enter.

LethalEncounter
06-12-2007, 08:08 AM
@Lethal

Whe do u release ur PC, so we can start collecting. I'm starting out a new char so time would be perfect.

It will probably take a few weeks to a month before it would be ready as I dont have a great deal of time to invest. I'll let everyone know when it is ready so that we can get as many logs as we can. It would also be nice to implement some kind of item/spawn collecting in this.

LethalEncounter
06-12-2007, 08:11 AM
So collecting isn't as simple as turning on a linux box with tcpdump, eh? heh! I look forward to a 'safe' way to suck data, and with a handful of mid-bie chars, I will definitely help collect any of the zones I can enter.

Yah, it would be that simple if you knew the encryption key. Once you have the key from the start, you can decrypt the entire stream.

Kayot
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Shame we can't ask that traitor for the new key.

CrabClaw
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
From Live?

Wow nice news :)

Skarrde
07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
wow. first post here, but this sounds great :D i used to play eq2 and loved it, but eventualy paying the money each week got annoying. cant wait till this is up and runnin

Skarrde
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
oops. meant every month. every week and i never woulda picked up the box >.<

CrabClaw
07-02-2007, 01:57 AM
I loved EQ2, it they had managed to keep some of the charm of the original and it felt epic to play. The Freepost vs. Qeynos setup was awesome.

The only problem I had is when they kept changing the rules (also limiting it to a measly 6 characters per account :P) and simplified things that made the game what it was. I don't mind they added AAs, made tradeskilling a bit easier and such, but it felt like every fourth patch or so they would re-balance the whole world and change up the difficulty of the monsters and class abilities. It drove you nuts after a while.

I think the worst thing they did was release the Splitpaw pay-per add-on - it literally sucked all the players away from grouping form level 20-45 to soloing in some instance somewhere. I thought it was funny even the dev's admitted their own guild members would be unavailable for doing content and such because they were off grinding great loot, money, and XPs all alone.

(The nerf bat swang heavy a couple patches later. But the damage was done.)

I do feel the x-pacs began to spread the players out too much as well, and invalidated the tiered-raids and tradeskilled gear. I feel the Vanilla Coke EQ2 was the 'good times' of the game.

Skarrde
07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
i could live with most of their patches cuz i had a nice band of people that i would always play with. the patch that got me was when they screwd up the class selection. like you go on the isle of refuge already as a warlock, berserker. it was terrible NO MORE did you really get to learn your class and character. it made adventuring too easy. before i always had trouble finding a scout for the named mobs, but after that their everywhere. thats why i sorta hope that when this project gets finished they wont put in every patch. cuz like crabclaw said, every few patches the whole world was changed. oh well. makes me excited for when the emulator is done :D

John Adams
07-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I have long hated SOE's expand-a-thons every 6 mos for exactly what you mention, Crabclaw. Spreading the dwindling player bases out even thinner than they were. Forcing people to spend $30 every 6 mos on top of their ever-rising monthly fees has put SOE at the top of my hate list. I am playing Vanguard now, and I am unhappy that I still have to maintain a now $30/mo station pass fee. When I started playing EQ in 2000, i was paying $9.95/mo. Now, I pay around $100/mo for all my accounts across various games.

This is the single motivation I have for progressing Emulators. I'm tired of shelling out cash monthly just to sit in a huge-ass MMO alone.

ZexisStryfe
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Both Everquest and EQ2 have moved to a 1 expansion a year model and EQ2 has gotten rid of the "Adventure Packs." EQ2 has made some great strides since Echoes of Faydwer was released last year, and the game is more fun now than it ever was (in my opinion). With the November release of Rise of Kunark, EQ2 is also moving to a "Macro-zone" format, with massive multi-area zones.
I think getting the emulator to work from live is by far the best bet, because that way those who want the classic servers can have those, while those who enjoy the new content (like the new Neriak) and have those servers.
Optimally, I think it would be great if we could get Rise of Kunark also included in this emulator from the start, giving the Devs a year of development time before any other huge changes unfold (not counting the monthly updates, which have become larger and larger as of late).

saweb
07-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I must say, I am so glad to see that this project is moving forward again!
It pleases me to see people work on this, because I have simply had enough WoW emu play.

If there is anything I can do for you (MYsql AdvAT) please let me know.

saweb
07-07-2007, 04:44 PM
By the way,
Thank you LethalEncounter for what you are doing here. Its much appreciated.

saweb
07-07-2007, 05:23 PM
LE, as we all know. . .currently your login server is closed beta. Not that I compromise your work in any way, its just that I think it would be better if you get an entire community working on such a project!.

Take for example how far mangos have gone, starting off with a single persons code, developed on forums.

Mangos, by the way (Massive Network Game Object Server) has an open source login server (intended for use with world of warcraft) that could easily be adapted to work with another mmo.

After all, they claim MaNGOS is an inter-mmo emu.

http://www.mangosproject.org/forum/index.php

John Adams
07-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Some believe MaNGOS is in it's final days, regarding WoW emulators anyway. I disagree, but it seems the more direct C++ projects are taking over. I know Mangos was written in c++, but there has to be some reason why Antrix is taking over. Maybe it's just the database?

Second only to game functionality, is portability. I love using Linux for servers, but some projects limit only to Windoze. I think most good projects start in a *NIX environment and migrate after it goes "open source" to Windows.

saweb
07-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Some believe MaNGOS is in it's final days, regarding WoW emulators anyway. I disagree, but it seems the more direct C++ projects are taking over. I know Mangos was written in c++, but there has to be some reason why Antrix is taking over. Maybe it's just the database?

Second only to game functionality, is portability. I love using Linux for servers, but some projects limit only to Windoze. I think most good projects start in a *NIX environment and migrate after it goes "open source" to Windows.

As a (semi) MaNGOS developer, I think that Antric is a long way from even remotely playable, simply because of the huge amount of things that simply arent there.

John Adams
07-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Not to derail... but to comment. I am not sure what you mean, "not playable"? I have players on my server daily leveling away, doing quests, exploring, general fun... and these are experienced WoW players - since I do not have that experience, naturally everything looks great to me.

Thing about MaNGOS is it's stall at client 2.0.12 - no one with a 2.1.2 client can even connect anymore, or use commands or chat? Or the fact that at 20 users, MaNGOS tanks on most PC-based servers? I'm sure they'll update. But the 2+ mos it's been stalled there, I think another giant has entered the arena.

One thing I dislike about Antrix is the commands that are missing. Obvious ones. Like, .lookupitemset. There's an .additemset, but no way to look one up. heh. Of course, this could be my naivity and not understanding the scripts and whatnot.

Anyway... sorry again for continuing the WoWs here, but I happen to like Antrix a lot so far.

Edit: Oh, and I absolutely abHOR the WoW community... they are the stupidest, laziest, greediest, most assinine bunch of players I have ever seen in my life. Not to mention horrible at the english language. Even the non-english speaking players speak better english than these kids. I have resolved every-single-WoW player has to be 9 years old. It causes me physical pain to have to read mmowned or emupedia for any information... sigh.

saweb
07-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Not to derail... but to comment. I am not sure what you mean, "not playable"? I have players on my server daily leveling away, doing quests, exploring, general fun... and these are experienced WoW players - since I do not have that experience, naturally everything looks great to me.

Thing about MaNGOS is it's stall at client 2.0.12 - no one with a 2.1.2 client can even connect anymore, or use commands or chat? Or the fact that at 20 users, MaNGOS tanks on most PC-based servers? I'm sure they'll update. But the 2+ mos it's been stalled there, I think another giant has entered the arena.

One thing I dislike about Antrix is the commands that are missing. Obvious ones. Like, .lookupitemset. There's an .additemset, but no way to look one up. heh. Of course, this could be my naivity and not understanding the scripts and whatnot.

Anyway... sorry again for continuing the WoWs here, but I happen to like Antrix a lot so far.

Edit: Oh, and I absolutely abHOR the WoW community... they are the stupidest, laziest, greediest, most assinine bunch of players I have ever seen in my life. Not to mention horrible at the english language. Even the non-english speaking players speak better english than these kids. I have resolved every-single-WoW player has to be 9 years old. It causes me physical pain to have to read mmowned or emupedia for any information... sigh.

I understand what you mean, but in my view Antrix has got a nice core. . .but a pathetic database system. (Not the actualy DB itself)

For the time being, im staying with mangos, as I know how the mangos code looks like + It would look really bad if a long time mangos dev goes over to antrix.

Anyways, lets get back to the point. Everquest2 (in my poor knowledge of its going on's) uses quite the same method of logging that WoW uses, and the fact remains that mangos was ORIGINALLY designed to integrate with any emu type project, only recently (about a year ago) it became oriented in the WoW direction.

Kayot
07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
My only wish, I don't want to go through some one else's login server. ^-^ So I have an antrix server running for just my friends. I hope EQ2emu has a better (mini)login than EQemu. It really kills the mood when the main login server goes down and then no one can connect.

My only problem with antrix is that it sometimes (rarely) crashes, the antrix server, not it's login server and I'm almost scared to ask for help on emupedia. Any one here run an antrix server and know of a way to make an auto restart on the servers, please PM me.

Back to EQ2emu, I'm looking forward to the release of the emu. Sometimes all a player really wants is a small community of RL friends.

saweb
07-08-2007, 02:59 PM
My only wish, I don't want to go through some one else's login server. ^-^ So I have an antrix server running for just my friends. I hope EQ2emu has a better (mini)login than EQemu. It really kills the mood when the main login server goes down and then no one can connect.

My only problem with antrix is that it sometimes (rarely) crashes, the antrix server, not it's login server and I'm almost scared to ask for help on emupedia. Any one here run an antrix server and know of a way to make an auto restart on the servers, please PM me.

Back to EQ2emu, I'm looking forward to the release of the emu. Sometimes all a player really wants is a small community of RL friends.

http://filebeam.com/0e99a0b3c8996e425e7ec1da79faae20

Made by a friend a while ago.
Dont forget to configure the .conf file.

Kayot
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks, This will be very useful for those annoying away from home crashes.

BTW, what is happening with the EQ2emu Project?

saweb
07-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks, This will be very useful for those annoying away from home crashes.

BTW, what is happening with the EQ2emu Project?

Nobody has a current up to date status report. I hope LE doesnt disappear!!

John Adams
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Now that I got my mits on the source, I was hoping to get familiar with it. Do you know >>exactly<< what client is compatible with this current server version (if any)? I'd like to set it up and take a look later.

saweb
07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Currently the only know version of EQ2 to work with the server is:

SOEBuild= 1700 English

But this is pointless, theres no way to even access the world, as LE hasnt released the server that logs you into the world.

saweb
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
You can however, grab yourself a copy of the world source from the SVN (Links in the other post)

To get it working you need mysql, a mysql client (eg. navicat) and you need to execute eq2.sql (A file included in the SVN repository)

Then just configure the server to execute properly in the "db.ini" file.

Server should run just perfectly, until it gets to the stage where it needs a loginserver to continue. Here is an example of it if you dont want to go through all the effort.

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/22274/2004019762377354143_rs.jpg

John Adams
07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Heh, oh yeah... the loginserver problem again. :cool:

Well this'll never get done then. hee! If I cannot login, I cannot do much. I'm a visual learner.

saweb
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Heh, oh yeah... the loginserver problem again. :cool:

Well this'll never get done then. hee! If I cannot login, I cannot do much. I'm a visual learner.

Rofl ;) Now, we patiently wait. . . and wait. . . and . . .wait.

techguy84
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Could this be where someone could work ManGOS to work with world. I think ManGOS could act as a login server to handle that client connections, since it just passes them off to world once its done.

Maybe wrong altogether though. Is the minilogin opensource. Possible to recode it to handle client connections from EQ2 instead of EQ1.

madborg
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
its true that this is an EQ emulator site but you have to remember it was started when there was no EQ2 and there was another competing EQ emulator project. a lot of effort has gone into making EQEMU and certainly the project shouldnt be diverted into other things. however at one time there was discussions about other emulators for even non Sony MMOs.

This topic has been useful for me since i plan to open a site soon that is for any Open Source MMO and any future P2P equivalent. Of course i will still favor EQ probably because i spent about a milllion hours playing it and consider myself a minor expert of that game system.

saweb
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Could this be where someone could work ManGOS to work with world. I think ManGOS could act as a login server to handle that client connections, since it just passes them off to world once its done.

Maybe wrong altogether though. Is the minilogin opensource. Possible to recode it to handle client connections from EQ2 instead of EQ1.

Haha, there is currently three problems with this idea (That im aware of)

* EQ2 Needs the login server to do more than just simply log the char in, I think it requires additional info from login server, where the mangos login server only checks account username/password and injects char into the world.
* The mangos login server is basically integrated into the world server, code there weaves into each other. . .I dont know how hard it would be to seperate the two.
* EQ2 has different opcode than WoW, different packet sizes and different encryption.

You would need some lethal genius to engineer something like that ;)

John Adams
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
This topic has been useful for me since i plan to open a site soon that is for any Open Source MMO and any future P2P equivalent.
wb, madborg. fyi, there's about 100 of these "all mmos" project sites out there already, including my own (but I'm a super-dick admin and don't let anyone in I don't know personally :))

techguy84
07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I didnt know what was under the hood of ManGOS, but I knew its original concept was to be adaptable to any circumstance, but yep, guess it wouldnt work here. Could possibly work as a server altogether after some long sleepless hours whacking away at code, but hey, why do that when this is already here.

Still courious about the mini-login though, wether or not it can be altered and adapted to work with eq2 instead of eq1. Probably too much hassle.

madborg
07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
wb, madborg. fyi, there's about 100 of these "all mmos" project sites out there already, including my own (but I'm a super-dick admin and don't let anyone in I don't know personally :))

100?? i am tired now.

John Adams
07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
ok, i exaggerated.. maybe 98. ;)

saweb
07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I actually think we should get together a second team to work on a login server. And if we can do so, a dedicated eq2emu website as well.

John Adams
07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
When link2009 was pushing this project along, I offered my site (eq2.mmoemulators.com) as a temporary community site, but he said he "had it covered".

Shrug.

saweb
07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
When link2009 was pushing this project along, I offered my site (eq2.mmoemulators.com) as a temporary community site, but he said he "had it covered".

Shrug.

Shrug some more :(

CrabClaw
07-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Got my SVN setup too (I also compile Mangos, Scriptdev, ect. as well), have to see though, it needs love and copious SQL-age.

What a 'make' file and no VS2005 eq2emu.vcprog file! What will us people who live up in the clouds in Redmond do? Hard labor?

*shudders*

*cries*

(hehe - joking. :) I'll try to help any way I can.)

saweb
07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Got my SVN setup too (I also compile Mangos, Scriptdev, ect. as well), have to see though, it needs love and copious SQL-age.

What a 'make' file and no VS2005 eq2emu.vcprog file! What will us people who live up in the clouds in Redmond do? Hard labor?

*shudders*

*cries*

(hehe - joking. :) I'll try to help any way I can.)

Due to so many people using 03' I just got myslef a student copy of it. Compiled fine. Some day I might have time to convert it to 05' but Its not all that important right now. :) - I did leave executables xD

Though, make sure you update your checkout every now and then, I might feel like doing it some time.

07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
People people! You gotta understand that the network code for EQ2 and the communication between EQEMu/EQ2EMu programs (login server - world server - zone server) are completely different. I can tell you that the login server to EQ2EMu is very similar to EQEMu in terms of base network code.

WoW is in no way similar, period.

saweb
07-13-2007, 07:55 PM
People people! You gotta understand that the network code for EQ2 and the communication between EQEMu/EQ2EMu programs (login server - world server - zone server) are completely different. I can tell you that the login server to EQ2EMu is very similar to EQEMu in terms of base network code.

WoW is in no way similar, period.

Err, nobody ever referred to wow here?
Its not the point anyways.

07-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Mangos is built for WoW..

techguy84
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
My post was about ManGOS, cause I though it was orignally designed to be a adaptable server, but its knee deep in WoW now so there is no hope there, as it would just take more work to make it somthing viable than to fix and work on this.

As far as the networking goes between client and server, I had figured that SOE just developed upon the existing communications of EQ and server to make EQ2, but there would also have to be a "BOAT" load of additions and changes to make EQ2 work.

I know that LE does have a working LS and World for early clients of EQ2, so there is really no need to dig deeper in to the LS subject. The only thing to do is to get it function with a client other than BETA, or even a month after launch becaues very very very few people have that specific client, so very few people can actually perticpate in testing and developing without going into illegal activities. If we can packet collect on LIVE, get the emu to atleast work with live, we can then start workign kinks out of it, and put features in. Maybe not live, maybe a box version that is widely available that will be available for the months after it works with it. That would give a dev team time to try to implement as much features and get it caught up on terms of content and accesibilty. Once we reach a point were its say 85-95 percent like LIVE, we can then work to get it to work with LIVE clients and allow players to make the switch.

The initial hump is to make it work with something people have or could get, and then play catch up adding the past 2-3 years of features and content into it.

John Adams
07-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Image is correct... these projects are so vastly different, it would be easier to start from a blank VC++ project than to adapt something existing to EQ2.

saweb
07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Mangos is built for WoW..

Incorrect, Mangos is not built for WoW, ;) But its the only game it supports! :D
Its a kind of elaborate policy to dodge most international laws regarding the subject. The mangos login server is only designed to check login and start the player thread for each player. The EQ2 loginserver has alot more to do apparently.

07-15-2007, 03:36 AM
I am aware it is supposed to be a generalized MMO in some fashion, but it isn't built beyond one game. You would have a better chance converting the EQEMu loginserver over (Like LethalEncounter originally did) than attempting to recode everything in mangos.

The big reason for this is the code between servers (such as the world servers you run) are already the same network code, just different structures and opcodes which are in your codebase already from EQ2EMu Source. Same deal goes with the opcodes to the LoginServer from a EQ2 client.

rayman121985
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I am very excited to see that EQ2 may have a chance to be reborn...I will have to keep a close eye on this and keep my fingers crossed that it makes it!

Good luck all,

::rayman::

techguy84
07-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, as you can tell, alot of people have been keeping there eye close on this thread for almost a year now. Dont get your hopes up to much for a soon to be release, but I have a feeling that the more support and people interested in this, the faster word can get around to help things take off.

saweb
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I am very excited to see that EQ2 may have a chance to be reborn...I will have to keep a close eye on this and keep my fingers crossed that it makes it!

Good luck all,

::rayman::

Trying my best to keep the fire burning as well mate :)

John Adams
07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I think the ironic part is the 2nd post... by me... telling link2009 to stfu, wrong emulator site. :) Now, I am so into the EQ2Emu idea, I could almost pee myself with excitement.

saweb
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I think the ironic part is the 2nd post... by me... telling link2009 to stfu, wrong emulator site. :) Now, I am so into the EQ2Emu idea, I could almost pee myself with excitement.

Tee hee, very funny indeed :P

techguy84
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM

Hehe, just noticed that. Not even a mod at the time and you'll already tearing people down. See, you were born with that moderater gene after all.

Back onto the task at hand. If we could just get the LS from LE we could probably get this off the ground in no time. But with a LS, what are a bunch of helpless souls to do.

John Adams
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Hehe, just noticed that. Not even a mod at the time and you'll already tearing people down. See, you were born with that moderater gene after all.
Being a mod, I am actually far nicer than normal... ;)

You can thank Mattmeck for neutering me...

techguy84
07-19-2007, 11:46 PM

Oh god, too much information there.

saweb
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
. . . But without a LS, what are a bunch of helpless souls to do.

Agreed...

Being a mod, I am actually far nicer than normal... ;)

LOL

LethalEncounter
07-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Been away for a few weeks taking care of stuff, but I'm back now. Now that we can packet collect from live once again, the question becomes whether we want to wait until the next expansion comes out and do the same thing that eqemu did with Titanium. This is scheduled to be on November 13th. I could start working on updating the server, but because of the number of patches between now and then it will most likely be a closed beta. I might allow a few people to help test if they want to. This will allow me to concentrate on getting the server running.

07-22-2007, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't expect vast changes if any at all to the login server or world server. Should just get a packet collector out that works now and start collecting packets so you have a good head start. Once the expansion comes around then you will only have minor changes to make, not to mention I believe the Rise of Kunark expansion does not come out till late November.

LethalEncounter
07-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Yah, that is what I am thinking, but if I make it an open beta then I will get hounded with people saying: "Which version do I need to have?", "Why can't I login?", "How do I know which version I have?", etc. Making it a closed beta until the expansion is released will allow me to focus more time on coding and less time answering questions. Once the expansion is released we freeze the client and do like eqemu did with Titanium. The problem with releasing the packet logger right now is that if SOE finds out the method it is using to grab the key, they might shut it down for good. We might release it to the public around October, but any sooner will risk breaking the project again.

Hellbend
07-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I think wait is the better idea. Wait 2 or 3 months is better than no one emulator never.

techguy84
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Yah, that is what I am thinking, but if I make it an open beta then I will get hounded with people saying: "Which version do I need to have?", "Why can't I login?", "How do I know which version I have?", etc. Making it a closed beta until the expansion is released will allow me to focus more time on coding and less time answering questions. Once the expansion is released we freeze the client and do like eqemu did with Titanium. The problem with releasing the packet logger right now is that if SOE finds out the method it is using to grab the key, they might shut it down for good. We might release it to the public around October, but any sooner will risk breaking the project again.

I agree with you there LE. Have to answer questions like the stupid one I sent you in PM is just pointless if there coming in all the time, but thats why you got guys like John Adams or myself. We can swim around the forums and take care of most of the questions that may come up, like what version works and such. But anyhow, closed beta sounds best for those that can spare the time and have a available client to work. I myself think I have one, but not sure.

I think I recommend a few post back about freezing at a certain point and then catching up to that point in terms of content and performance. Granted we may have to move away down the line, but chasing live and adding the past two years of content in there is just way to much to ask.

The biggest thing though is where the project is located. Being a post in the Off-topic section of Everquest Emulator is the greatest thing as far as viewability goes. For example, anyone interested in a Everquest 2 Private Server will google it and the first result is a post in this off topic board that is 3 years old.

I dunno, I fell like maybe I should shut my mouth as I havent done anything for the project so I shouldnt be makeing any recommendations. Ignore me if you want to, but count me in when this gets going.

John Adams
07-23-2007, 02:00 AM
I would also agree on closed beta, until you get something that is viable, playable, and that the average novice can setup at least as easily as EQEmu. We've waited a while, I'm sure we can wait a few more mos. I think the general panic is, there is one poor soul working on this. Should he get fed up or quit, the project dies (or at least stalls, since someone else would have to learn the code to pick up).

Not saying it'll go this way, and I am not saying there really IS one guy doing all the work (LE ;)) but that's what it appears, and I think that's the general sense around the forum. More people should help you with it... and not just the "me toos", but people who can communicate intelligently, know the language, and can dedicate the time.

I also feel EQ2Emu deserves it's own community. This thread is swell, but it's a lot to scan through to find specific info and will only get worse.

saweb
07-23-2007, 04:22 AM

Well I certainly do not suggest an open beta. Keep the project closed, . . . at least in the *vulnerable* first stages.

This project is alive again, I swear it. . .

ZexisStryfe
07-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I believe LE is correct. A closed beta is best for now. Once RoK comes out then we can freeze the project there until we get it up and running. With 1 year between expansions now, it shouldn't be that difficult to keep up, should it? :rolleyes:

RoK is in fact being released on Nov 13th. The only major changes with that expansion (not counting content of course) is the addition of the Sarnak and the raising of the level cap to 80. Neithe rof those seem all that world-shattering, but then again... what do I know... :D

LethalEncounter
07-23-2007, 08:47 AM
On the surface it doesnt sound like much, but SOE has a habit of using expanions as an excuse to totally rewrite certain aspects of the game. I guess because maybe people are more forgiving if they get a beneficial feature after all the chaos dies down.

LethalEncounter
07-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Aye, I might get a dedicated server again for this project that I could pay for using ad revenue (if the project ever becomes popular enough). Has anyone heard of AIT for dedicated hosting? Their prices blow everything else out of the water:

http://www.ait.com/dedicated-hosting.php

Just cant help but think there is a catch...

I would also agree on closed beta, until you get something that is viable, playable, and that the average novice can setup at least as easily as EQEmu. We've waited a while, I'm sure we can wait a few more mos. I think the general panic is, there is one poor soul working on this. Should he get fed up or quit, the project dies (or at least stalls, since someone else would have to learn the code to pick up).

Not saying it'll go this way, and I am not saying there really IS one guy doing all the work (LE ;)) but that's what it appears, and I think that's the general sense around the forum. More people should help you with it... and not just the "me toos", but people who can communicate intelligently, know the language, and can dedicate the time.

I also feel EQ2Emu deserves it's own community. This thread is swell, but it's a lot to scan through to find specific info and will only get worse.

Secrets
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Saw this, and i'm DEFINATELY interested as a 3 year (almost!) eq2 vet in a raiding guild.

I'm hoping you guys can get it together and maybe I can start helping.

Sounds very complicated to get started up, seeing as i've only worked with the foundation that EQ1 Emulator has.

*edit*

About keeping it closed beta until Rise of Kunark... good idea. Freezing on an expansion allows you to work on it and get the foundation down, while keeping those questions out of the community that the devs + moderators have to answer all the time. I remember back in 2004, I visited the forums and saw tons of questions about "What patch works? When will it work with x patch, and when will it work with y update?"

That took time out of development i'm sure, and is a good reason to keep it closed.

Not only that, but it's better to work on features one patch at a time.

John Adams
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Has anyone heard of AIT for dedicated hosting? Their prices blow everything else out of the water:
$70/mo for web hosting?!? Holy god. I used "3Essentials" (I an sure they are not 'dedicated' tho) until I started my own hosting service with a friend, and it looked like the same stats, for $5/mo... billed monthly. Or is that a place to host a game server too? If the latter, 2GB/mo does not sound like a lot of bandwidth. I think I use that much browsing this forum every week.

http://www.3essentials.com/personal-web-hosting.asp

LethalEncounter
07-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Nah, it is a dedicated server meaning you have root access and full control over the server. This is necessary to easily set up a login server on it. Also the bandwidth is 2,000GB (or 2 TB/month). Most places give you between 750GB-1TB for that price.

Secrets
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Quick google search for reviews on them:

http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/AIT_

Seems like people have problems with them.

LethalEncounter
07-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Yah I found that shortly after my last post. Guess I will continue looking :P

techguy84
07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
LE, dont forget to get a donation system up and going. You'll get a great deal of revenue from all of us poking in on this thread beacause it would be well deserved.

Get us our own home, a base, then you could have more developers come in and possible take interest in this project and that will take a great load of work off of you. The name of the game is advertising and getting the word out that theres a new hotness in the world of MMORPG Emulators. I have a feeling that once its there, it will take off with lightning speed. Maybe not as good as this project did in its hay-day, but still enough to make us all go wtf?

Geeze all these LE sightings and the post has got me all tore up. I'm going to go launch off some fireworks and wake up the neighbors now.

Them - "What the hell's going on out here"
Me - "IT"S EQ2 EMU BABY WOOT WOOT!!"

LethalEncounter
07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I dont like donation systems for a variety of reasons. Either people donate too much or too little for the hosting but no matter how much they donated some people feel that you owe them something. I would much rather work on a project that I enjoy and put in enough money to cover the server cost myself (if google ads arent enough) than to have some teenage kids telling me that I NEED to fix something for them because "they donated $5". If you dont enjoy your hobbies, you might as well get a second job because thats what it turns into. :P

Hehe, I'm really not that cynical, just trying to explain why I dont like donations :)

Secrets
07-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I dont like donation systems for a variety of reasons. Either people donate too much or too little for the hosting but no matter how much they donated some people feel that you owe them something. I would much rather work on a project that I enjoy and put in enough money to cover the server cost myself (if google ads arent enough) than to have some teenage kids telling me that I NEED to fix something for them because "they donated $5". If you dont enjoy your hobbies, you might as well get a second job because thats what it turns into. :P

Hehe, I'm really not that cynical, just trying to explain why I dont like donations :)

Exactly. Some people don't know the difference between donations and subscriptions.

Less stress = more work done, and more motivation. I'd rather have a developer working on something that he enjoys; especially if he's not getting paid for it.

Our networking instructor told us, "If you don't like your job, get out while it's early enough to do so, otherwise you'd be doing something you don't like the rest of your life. If that's not the field you like, change it before it's too late."

So yeah, gonna have to agree with Lethal here and hope that google ads pay for it.

John Adams
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Nah, it is a dedicated server meaning you have root access and full control over the server. This is necessary to easily set up a login server on it. Also the bandwidth is 2,000GB (or 2 TB/month). Most places give you between 750GB-1TB for that price.

oh my, i am so retarded. 2,000GB <-- didn't see that. Then yes, that does sound like a smokin deal. Maybe you get blessed with 1,400 popup ads on your site for that low low price :)

And...
Hehe, I'm really not that cynical, just trying to explain why I dont like donations
I couldn't agree more. Somewhere around this forum is my mostly offensive post that if you cannot afford to host your own server, you shouldn't be hosting one. I despise donations for private servers.Communities are a different story, and I think that might be what Techguy was getting at.

techguy84
07-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I could quote, but thats alot of post.

As far as what people may say, make it upfront and visable that things are done when there done and no one is owed anything just becaue they contibuted some legal tender. I personaly will donate for just what you have accomplished to date. If someone donated me some money because of my guide, I would be grateful, but at the same time, said person would not get specail rights that could be abused like "I gave you ONE FREAKIN DOLLAR, WHERES MY PVP." Even if Joe there gave you $100 its still no grounds for control over what you work on.

Donations are simply what the word implies, a dontation. I could pull a dictionary defintion here, but you guys know what it means. If I donate to the American Cancer Society, I dont go knocking on their door asking for reason why I have lost a family member to cancer. You donate to help cost of what has happend, and what can happen.

I can go on and on about kids that abuse what they do not understand but I'll stop here becuase you LE sumed it up in your post.

Still though. You deserve some financial compensation for your efforts and if Google doesnt pay your bills, give me a paypal link and I will help you out also, as will several several several others here, without all the hassle you speak of. Heck, do the souceforge thing as it dont stick out like a big "DONATE" button on the front page. We'll know where to go.

saweb
07-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I found this while checking out EQ2's data structure:

// Database classes/fields for editable data entities in EQ2

RuntimeVdl/Customizations
RuntimeVdl/OptionInfoManager
RuntimeVdl/IconColorScheme
RuntimeVdl/Base
RuntimeVdl/Shaders
RuntimeVdl/Models
RuntimeVdl/Nodes
RuntimeVdl/TextureDef
RuntimeVdl/FractalDef
RuntimeVdl/TerrainSkirt
RuntimeVdl/Appearance
RuntimeVdl/Environment
RuntimeVdl/SpellCast
RuntimeVdl/ZoneSettings
RuntimeVdl/KeywordList
RuntimeVdl/Date
RuntimeVdl/Position
RuntimeVdl/CharacterCreationZone
RuntimeVdl/GlobalSound
RuntimeVdl/HelpTopicStructure
RuntimeVdl/Mounts
RuntimeVdl/BugTypes
RuntimeVdl/Slideshow
RuntimeVdl/World
RuntimeVdl/QAMarker
RuntimeVdl/HeroicOpportunity
RuntimeVdl/GameCmd
RuntimeVdl/PromoFlags
RuntimeVdl/TitleList
RuntimeVdl/RecipeFilter

Now upon further inspection, I found that each one of these configuration files contain some form of client side database structure, complete with field list, default field values, data input type and a discription of the data it contains.

Examples of the data contained within these files can be found here:

- [CharacterCreationZone] (http://pastebin.ca/631897)
- [Mounts] (http://pastebin.ca/631903)

Im not exactly the expert, but this seems to resemble a database that (atleast some part of it) should be in sync with the server.

Could be useless, but I thought its worth a post.

LethalEncounter
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Interesting. The structs dont seem to be complete, but they may prove useful in the future. How exactly are you getting these files?

saweb
07-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Interesting. The structs dont seem to be complete, but they may prove useful in the future. How exactly are you getting these files?

Checkout the repository on my other thread, it has a tool to extract these files. . . Hope you have vs2005 though.

Otherwise I could just send you the executables, but im too tired now :P

Good night.

saweb
07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
I quickly made a DB, that looks alot like the structure found in the EQ2 config files.

-MYsql queries.

/*
MySQL Data Transfer
Source Host: 127.0.0.1
Source Database: runtimevdl
Target Host: 127.0.0.1
Target Database: runtimevdl
Date: 7/25/2007 4:44:20 PM
*/

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
-- ----------------------------
-- Table structure for bugtype
CREATE TABLE `bugtype` (
`name` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
`display_name` text NOT NULL,
`description` text NOT NULL,
`aSubTypes` float(44,0) NOT NULL,
`aBugTypes` float(44,0) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

-- Table structure for collision_data
CREATE TABLE `collision_data` (
`Entry` int(11) NOT NULL,
`scriptName` varchar(11) NOT NULL,
`sourceName` varchar(11) NOT NULL,
`meshName` varchar(11) NOT NULL,
`fRadius` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
`minBBox` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
`maxBBox` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
`initialOffset` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
`aMaterialDefs` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for continent_definitions
CREATE TABLE `continent_definitions` (
`directory` int(11) NOT NULL,
`bBoxMin` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
`bBoxMax` float(11,0) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for event_date
CREATE TABLE `event_date` (
`Event` int(11) NOT NULL,
`year` int(11) NOT NULL,
`month` int(11) NOT NULL,
`day` int(11) NOT NULL,
`hour` int(11) NOT NULL,
`minute` int(11) NOT NULL,
`second` int(11) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Event`)

-- Table structure for helptopicstructure
CREATE TABLE `helptopicstructure` (
`name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`topic_name` text NOT NULL,
`topic_file` text NOT NULL,
`aSubTopics` float(44,0) NOT NULL,
`aTopics` float(44,0) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for keywordlist
CREATE TABLE `keywordlist` (
`Entry` tinyint(11) NOT NULL,
`aKeywords` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for mount
CREATE TABLE `mount` (
`sDDFieldExclusions` text NOT NULL,
`bAdjustPitch` enum('false','true') NOT NULL,
`bAdjustHeading` enum('false','true') NOT NULL,
`fSpeed` float NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for position
CREATE TABLE `position` (
`loc` varchar(16) NOT NULL,
`heading` float(6,0) NOT NULL,
`pitch` float(6,0) NOT NULL,
`roll` float(6,0) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for recipefilter
CREATE TABLE `recipefilter` (
`name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`filterItems` float NOT NULL,
`selected` float NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`name`)

-- Table structure for spellcast
CREATE TABLE `spellcast` (
`Event` varchar(125) NOT NULL,
`fEventTime` float NOT NULL,
`state` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`iRepeatCount` int(125) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for world_definitions
CREATE TABLE `world_definitions` (
`WorldDef` varchar(11) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for zonesettingsboatfields
CREATE TABLE `zonesettingsboatfields` (
`bLoadOcean` enum('false','true') NOT NULL,
`bRockBoat` enum('false','true') NOT NULL,
`sOceanName` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`fBoatSpeed` float(11,0) default '-1',
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Table structure for zonesettingssoundfields
CREATE TABLE `zonesettingssoundfields` (
`Entry` tinyint(11) NOT NULL,
`soundRoom` varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'generic',
`music` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`ambientSoundData` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Entry`)

-- Records

LethalEncounter
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
That looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the work on that! :)

BTW the new dedicated server is setup and running:

http://eq2emulator.net/forums/index.php

Please post over there now so we can stop leaching DM's bandwidth :)

saweb
07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Great work, lets hope it doesnt bankrupt you over time :P

link2009
08-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Nice to see you're back on track LE. I've been vacationing for the past few months ;).

John Adams
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I am normally not one to necro a year old thread... but re-reading this post brought back a lot of great memories of the revitalization of the Everquest 2 Emulator project. Since the eqemulator.net community forums get so many hits a day, I just wanted to remind anyone interested here that there is an eq2emulator.net community as well, since the games are fairly related in concept at least.

The EQ2Emu server core has made amazing progress in very little time. Lethalencounter has turned out to be everything everyone said he was. Excellent dev, patient guy, and has nearly single-handedly built us a working emulator that works with current live EQ2 clients. I got involved in the data side of things back in Nov '07, and at that time v0.1 you could create a character and log in. That's it.

I am proud to say that in less than 6 mos, nearly all the chat, combat, xp, skills/abilities, spawns and object interaction systems are in place. There is still lots to do, but the amazing speed at which things have been developed - by one guy - is impressive. Next up, the quest system!

I hope no one thinks this is out of line, posting here. I'd love to sticky this particular post in your Off-Topic for those who come here asking about an EQ2Emulator, but I would not dare be so presumptuous :) We (the eq2emu community) have not really advertised our existence outside of this thread, so maybe it is about time.

http://eq2emulator.net

John Adams
Database Designer - EQ2Emu Project

deez225
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
i've been over to the eq2emulator site. im new to all of this. im looking to make my own private classic eq2 server. before any expansions or AA were invented. any word on an original classic server in development or the files already made for the entire thing and are able to download? many thanks to anyone who replies with some useful info.