PDA

View Full Version : Spell table in database

jeffpuff
09-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I have been running a PEQ luclin RC1 and just downloaded Angelox's database and running the grabnpc.pl to add some of his work(thanks a ton Angelox!)

As I was transfering over some of my tables I noticed the Angelox database has a spells table with 4k some entries, but the PEQ database doesn't even have the table. I also looked at cavedudes database and he has some 7k spells in this table. I have never had any spell issues, other that resists needing some tweaking, and have been useing a database without this table. My question is does the information in this table supercede the spells_us and spell_en files placed in the database? Or is it an old table that is no longer needed?

Jeff

grimcoder
09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Read this thread, should answer it and don't forget to read the readme.txt file that came with angelox's database.

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21483

jeffpuff
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I see that Angelox updated some npc_spell_entries, but my question is the overall function of the Spells table.

I have been trying to modify some spell resists to get fear to be less of a pain and slows to be not so impossible to land, but my PEQ database that has no table at all called Spells has been working fine, with npc casters casting spells/pets. So does this table overide the information in the spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt files and a database without this table will just default to these files?

John Adams
09-13-2006, 12:11 PM
It's a good question that I haven't gotten around to asking as well. table "spells" seems to get created when you setup the PEQEditor web interface (or mine was anyway). I never understood why, because as you said - EQEmu seems to run fine without it before.

Is it one of those "if it's there, I'll use it, otherwise I'm sticking to _____"?

PEQEditors README.TXT file
Step 5:

Source schema.sql (in the editor's /sql directory) into your database first, then source in allspells.sql.

Angelox
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
It's a good question that I haven't gotten around to asking as well. table "spells" seems to get created when you setup the PEQEditor web interface (or mine was anyway). I never understood why, because as you said - EQEmu seems to run fine without it before.

Is it one of those "if it's there, I'll use it, otherwise I'm sticking to _____"?

PEQEditors README.TXT file
Step 5:

Source schema.sql (in the editor's /sql directory) into your database first, then source in allspells.sql.

I *think* PEQEditor needs this table for it's own reference, If you don't have it, it will affect the PEQ editor.

Also "spells" is a great reference to what type of spell you're looking at, always good to have all the visual input you can get.

Angelox
09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I have been running a PEQ luclin RC1 and just downloaded Angelox's database and running the grabnpc.pl to add some of his work(thanks a ton Angelox!)

As I was transfering over some of my tables I noticed the Angelox database has a spells table with 4k some entries, but the PEQ database doesn't even have the table. I also looked at cavedudes database and he has some 7k spells in this table. I have never had any spell issues, other that resists needing some tweaking, and have been useing a database without this table. My question is does the information in this table supercede the spells_us and spell_en files placed in the database? Or is it an old table that is no longer needed?
Jeff

If you look at my posts here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21441&page=2&pp=15
you will get an idea on how to optimize your results and have a nice, tight database - all though I think what I had to start with was pretty much up to date with the most recent PEQ database too. If you do see anything different, please PM and tell me so I can correct on my side.

jeffpuff
09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Thank you Angelox,

What I am using at this point is a PEQ Luclin RC1 with Cavedudes data in every zone PEQ has yet to spawn. Now that we have a ligitimate 3rd database (yours) I am taking all of my custom spawns zone by zone and dumping them into your database, along with all of Cavedudes PoP+ zones that you have yet to add. That is when I stumbled on the Spells table that I didnt have before.

The main reason this interests me is I am trying to get fear to be resisted 95% of the time, and I have been trying to get this working with openspell 1.0. Now that I see this Spell information, I am curious to see if this overwrites the spells_us file, and would be a better or easier way to change some resists.

Jeff

GeorgeS
09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
As mentioned, it's purely for reference and not required for play.

GeorgeS

abaddon
09-27-2006, 03:47 AM
thanks for this info.. I am trying to minimize my DB as much as possible while keeping as much info as needed for maximum play, I have been quite perplexed by the different spells tables and how they affect the game... now that I know they arent even needed for actual play its a tableI know I can kill.

has anyone (such as Father Nitwit or the like) considered releasing a diagram/info sheet stating the actual tables required for gameplay? it would really help when trimming down the 95 tables that come inside CaveDudes pack in contrast to the 74 that come with PEQ

John Adams
09-27-2006, 05:20 PM
has anyone (such as Father Nitwit or the like) considered releasing a diagram/info sheet stating the actual tables required for gameplay? it would really help when trimming down the 95 tables that come inside CaveDudes pack in contrast to the 74 that come with PEQ

You mean like this one (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21196) posted right in this same exact forum clearly labeled "New DB diagram of 7.0"?

:)

abaddon
09-28-2006, 03:32 AM
** Lights himself on fire **

John Adams
09-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Well at least now you know I am just doing it on purpose. :)

Helps the boring day speed by so I can get home and crash another OS.