PDA

View Full Version : I want to add this to the Wiki

Kayot
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I want to add this guide to the wiki, I'm unsure of how to make a new page.

------------
Setting up EQEmu-0.7.0-845 Minilogin with MySQL 5.0.24

Why use MySQL 5, you might be asking. Well simple. You use it because it

Kayot
09-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Now for necessary modifications to make the database work with EQEmu 7.0-845. Warning: Some of these may fail. Just keep executing them in the order that they appear.

ALTER TABLE spawnentry DROP spawn_limit;
ALTER TABLE spawngroup ADD spawn_limit tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE altadv_vars ADD class_type int unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE spawn2 CHANGE `condition` `_condition` MEDIUMINT(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE account DROP packencrypt;
ALTER TABLE character_ CHANGE extprofile extprofile blob NULL;
ALTER TABLE player_corpses CHANGE data data blob NULL;
ALTER TABLE player_corpses_backup CHANGE data data blob NULL;
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `hp_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `hp_regen_rate` = '-1';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `mana_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `mana_regen_rate` = '-1';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `rulesflag` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
CREATE TABLE rule_sets (
ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment,
name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id)
);
INSERT INTO rule_sets VALUES(0, "default");
UPDATE rule_sets SET ruleset_id=0;
CREATE TABLE rule_values (
ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
rule_name VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
rule_value VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
INDEX(ruleset_id),
PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id,rule_name)
);

And that should do it. You may now log into your MiniServer. If you followed this guide to the letter there is only one account. You can use the Quary Browser to add more people rather than using SQL statements. And play with the other MySQL tools. Administrator is very good.

Backing your Database up (A.K.A. Saving face and rear.)

While administrator has a nice function for backing data up, it takes a lot more room than a standard backup. So here

Kayot
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
So, How do I make a new page in the Wiki for this? (I want to do it ^-^)

vales
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Login or Register and make a page? It's not that hard, really.

I do have to admit that walkthrough is pretty good. :)

Edit: I almost forgot. The full version of the eq_emuconfig.xml is included with the distribution pack. It's eqemu_config.xml.full - just open it notepad or whatever and save it as eqemu_config.xml, overwriting the old one.

Kayot
09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, I think I've got the hang of it. ^-^ Well, this post is now useless. Could you delete it?

Kayot
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
How do I make a code window in wiki?

vales
09-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Why not edit your posts intead of adding a new post again?

Anyways, when you log in with your account you can see the other example pages to see the code. Check the edit button at the bottom left, but do not change anything. This is just to see the code so you can make one yourself. If you don't have any html experience, then I would recommend reading up on it a bit before you make a page. :)

There's wikki tutorial sites on the internet as well.

Kayot
09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Sorry about double posting. If I edited the post I felt that it would've negated what I said. I'll be carefull from now on.

Kayot
09-15-2006, 01:29 PM
It won't let me edit my last post.

Ok, this is an Update. I've added this guide into the Wiki.
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=KayotBlade

So, this thread is now delete-able. Sorry about all the posts.

mattmeck
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
we dont delete any posts.

John Adams
09-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Excellent work, Kayot. Thank you.

Kayot
09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
No problem. It was fun. Besides we needed a good install guide. the others all wanted to use full installers. Thats a no no when making install guides.

Worktruck
09-28-2006, 04:03 PM
I am stuck on this portion of your setup Kayot:

Modify this with the IP of the computer that will be connecting to the server. Admin is the username.

INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 'IP of Account')

I get a syntax error everytime I try to manipulate this value. I am unsure where exactly I need to place the IP address or at least what format it needs to be in. I thought I needed to replace the 0 ,0 ,0 , 0, but I get an error with that. I've tried a couple of different ways to enter this in and they have not worked. I'm also wondering if there needs to be a semi colon at the end of this command.

rojadruid
09-29-2006, 02:58 AM
I am stuck on this portion of your setup Kayot:

INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 'IP of Account')

I am unsure where exactly I need to place the IP address or at least what format it needs to be in.

Where you put the IP address is staring you right in your face, if it was any clearer it would bite your head off. just replace the above with the IP of the computer you plan to play from or on.

Worktruck
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Where you put the IP address is staring you right in your face, if it was any clearer it would bite your head off. just replace the above with the IP of the computer you plan to play from or on.

Okay, then let me make myself clearier I've tried every variation that I could think of putting that line in the data table putting it in exactly like you say:
INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22')

I get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0, 0, 192.168.0.22)' at line 1 1064

Which is the same error I get every time I've entered this line into the query browser.

bufferofnewbies
10-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't forget the ; at the end of the command.

Worktruck
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't forget the ; at the end of the command.
I apperciate you answering me about the ; but it still will not take the command even when I put in the semicolon

Aramid
10-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Try it this way....

INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, '192.168.0.22', 0, 0);

It seems you had a couple of entries out of sync.

Angelox
10-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Okay, then let me make myself clearier I've tried every variation that I could think of putting that line in the data table putting it in exactly like you say:
INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22')

I get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0, 0, 192.168.0.22)' at line 1 1064

Which is the same error I get every time I've entered this line into the query browser.

Tell you lean how to move around better in MySql, I suggest you download and use "MySQL Query Browser" from the MySql site;
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html
MySQL Query Browser will give you a "visual" on all this and you'll be able to see better what you are doing, right or wrong. Also, if you install this, take notice of the bottom right-hand corner where there is a great help and info on what to do :)

Also, this one helps a lot ; MySQL Administrator 1.2 for back ups, setting privs., etc

Subzeroevil
10-29-2006, 06:28 AM
i just trying tis out but what do you put in server host spot in the Quary browser ?

thanks for the help

and when i put my server router ip iget this mysql error #1130
host'bsa1-windsor 12-1088735676.dsl.bell.canot allowedto connectto this mysql server any hel would be great

Moonracer
11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
when using:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worktruck, I got this same error. You may have already fixed this, but I'm going to put in what worked for me in case anyone else has this issue. To fix this error I used:

INSERT INTO account VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22');

I needed account instead of accounts (my db was using this word). I needed to send an empty string in the seventh field (did I leave strict mode on?). I also put in a semicolon at the end of the command.

I hope this helps anyone out there that's stuck.

Moonracer

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Those are Two Single quotes put together - for those that wonder what the " is. It looks like (dbl quote) '' or (two songle quote) " - similar but wrong.Mysql can use either for strings, but they must be two of each to encapsulate a string. Numeric variables can use 2 single quotes

Just FYI
GeorgeS

The MySQL King