PDA

View Full Version : Inventory issue

Magefeu
09-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone.

I've installed a brand new eqemu 845 + Luclin RC1 server with mysql 5. (Of course active perl ect...)
I applied all the 845 update and did the necessary modifications as writen in the wiki. Created the account. ect...

Everything is running fine I can summon items, cast spells, fight ect... but when I zone my character looses all his equipment except the containers but the containers are empy. All the equipment I got is summoned (not mage summoned of course but summoned with #summonitem XXXXX)

I did a #save to force the save of the character but same issue.

I looked in the mysql inventory table and saw only the backpack on the correct slot id => Why only the backpacks...

Where should I look ?

mattmeck
09-19-2006, 02:38 AM
mysql 5 is not supported with EQEmu, there is some people in the community who have gotten it to work tho.

Did you follow the setup guide in the wiki for mysql 5.0 or the default setup for the older mysql setup?

The mysql 5 setup has a series of sql commands to run that may / may not get everything working.

MikeyUSC
09-19-2006, 02:56 AM
My server is running 5 with no issues... so it IS possible.

mattmeck
09-19-2006, 03:13 AM
My server is running 5 with no issues... so it IS possible.

I never stated it wasnt, I stated its NOT SUPPORTED, hell I even state

that others have gotten it to work.

How about you stop posting when your not contributing to the thread.

John Adams
09-19-2006, 07:47 AM
I ran on MySQL 5.0 (can't remember the minor version) and had no real issues straight out of the box (simple install and update). I know some believe the Loglevel in tables "variables" has no purpose anymore, but you might set the 0000 to 1111, and see if your logs spit anything out.

(I have yet to get the new logsys working, but this appears to still work for me...)

What if you equip your char and log out, then back in? Do you still lose stuff?

Edit: Check this post on DRP site: MySQL 5.0 Inventory Issues (http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/index.php?topic=195.0)

Magefeu
09-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I used the wiki posted by Kayot :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21527

I tried to log out... but same issue...the inventory table is not updated.

I just thought about one thing... when setting up MySQL 5 you are asked for the maximum number of simultaneous connections... as I don't need many connections (well that's what I thought) I put that number to 15... maybe this is too low.

When zoning I see a disconnection message in the world window and then a logging in back. On client side this is not seen at all... That's what make me thinking about a DB connection problem.

Magefeu
09-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Still crashing.... I went down to a Mysql4 and everything is running fine... I will look further with mysql 5 on another computer to check with the different install options...

WildcardX
10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I just ran into this problem myself and I am also running MySQL 5.0.

Anyone find a solution for this?

WildcardX
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
FYI MySQL 5 operators:

I have articulated this cause of this problem in the following post. If someone else doesn't already have this fixed then I'll post a permanent fix in a week or so (I have a job, unfortunately...)

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=126795#post126795