PDA

View Full Version : Some issues..

bobbydole
10-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure if these are bugs, or just some weird configuration issue.. I got my server running, (it was 7.0-840 updated to latest version today) and had some friends join. We made a small group, Troll SK, Dwarf Rogue and Iksar Monk. We made ourselves 70, #setallskills 255, got fully equiped and went to kill trak.

The Rogue reported:

That his backstab wasn't working, the max he hit for was 171. When ever he hit his evade macro, his hotbar would be greyed out, and he couldn't loot anything.

Both the rogue and SK had problems targeting mobs. Both had to camp and re join. Even when they assisted me when I had a mob targeted, it would target them. So if SK typed /assist Monk resulted in SK being targeted.

Any advice on these issues?

Thanks!

bobbydole
10-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Ok played again last night and I have a couple more issues:

Auto attack seemed to stop working. I was running around in ecommons and killing stuff. Then all the sudden, when I hit Q (auto-attack) nothing would happen. I could still use flying kick, and /attack would work. The group leader can't chat in group chat (sorta of minor since we have guild chat), can't invite into groups from across zone (char must be targetted). I couldn't unmount a lizard thingy.

Some times the gear graphics would disappear from my group mates. That's pretty minor though.

Angelox
10-10-2006, 03:00 AM
What PC and OS are you using for the server? also what version EqEmu, and what Database?

bobbydole
10-10-2006, 03:27 AM
What PC and OS are you using for the server? also what version EqEmu, and what Database?

hmm ..

bobbydole@nowhere:~$ more /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz

debian kernel: 2.6.13.2-chw-3

Yesterday we were running the newest version eqemu. and the PEQ DB on mysql.

here's the output of mysql --version
mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.22, for pc-linux (i386)

So am I the only one with these issues? It's hard to tell what's a known bug, unknown bug, or a problem with my configuration in my server, DB or client.

Angelox
10-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Ok - your machine is fast, so that's not a problem ( I asked you because my server is on a "slow" machine, and that can create problems)- did you verify that your database is up to date with the eqemu change-logs?
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php
if you go back thru the changelogs, you'll see where you have to run SQL lines sometimes. I'm not sure how up to date the PEQ db is, but if you run one thats a repeat, no harm is done.

bobbydole
10-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Ok - your machine is fast, so that's not a problem ( I asked you because my server is on a "slow" machine, and that can create problems)- did you verify that your database is up to date with the eqemu change-logs?
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php
if you go back thru the changelogs, you'll see where you have to run SQL lines sometimes. I'm not sure how up to date the PEQ db is, but if you run one thats a repeat, no harm is done.

it's only a celeron, so it's not that fast.. I really notice the lack of speed when i'm running some queries for some of the other stuff I run on it.

The DB should be current. I set it up a while back, but it looks like I have all the DB changes.

Angelox
10-10-2006, 05:57 AM
it's only a celeron, so it's not that fast.. I really notice the lack of speed when i'm running some queries for some of the other stuff I run on it.

The DB should be current. I set it up a while back, but it looks like I have all the DB changes.

2.9 gig Celeron is very fast - I don't use the Pentium 4 CPU's unless someone gives me one (too much money) I have a Celeron 2.5 gig. and it runs fine for me.
My server is currently on an old P3 900 MhZ and works well there , only the zones that have a lot of work done on them have to be static mounted (take too long to load, and client crashes). I have went as low as P3 500MhZ.

How about memory (RAM) how much of that do you have and what OS (Operating System) do you use?
If you're under Windows and short on memory, that could slow you down.
Did you check for malware / virus, etc?

bobbydole
10-10-2006, 06:50 AM
2.9 gig Celeron is very fast - I don't use the Pentium 4 CPU's unless someone gives me one (too much money) I have a Celeron 2.5 gig. and it runs fine for me.
My server is currently on an old P3 900 MhZ and works well there , only the zones that have a lot of work done on them have to be static mounted (take too long to load, and client crashes). I have went as low as P3 500MhZ.

How about memory (RAM) how much of that do you have and what OS (Operating System) do you use?
If you're under Windows and short on memory, that could slow you down.
Did you check for malware / virus, etc?

I'm using linux, Debian actually, and i've got 512mb's for RAM.

Angelox
10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm using linux, Debian actually, and i've got 512mb's for RAM.

Are you shelled out to run eqemu? or do you run under Xwindows? If Xwindows, you could see a slowdown for lack of memory