PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 crashes

agvar
02-02-2002, 03:58 AM
anyone got 2.1 running it crashes to desktop when i hit enter world after char creation

Zeitgeist
02-02-2002, 04:18 AM
funny, i get a crash to desktop or a could not read instruction depending on if i use eqw or eqgame.exe patchme. i need to catch some more sleep before i play too much more.

Stilborn
02-02-2002, 04:59 AM
I too was crashing after character selection

I started with a Barb warrior that was in Halas, so I made a Human monk in Sqeynos and got in no problems..

Try making differant characters to see if you can get in

Stil

agvar
02-02-2002, 05:26 AM
eqgame.exe The instrucrion at 0X2100e097 referenced memory at 0X04ee2e30 memory could not be read this is with eqw

with eqgame.exe patchme it just crashes no error given

thought it might be the mini login so i tryed eqfrags login server still crashes

i'm running on xp home tryed both zone9x and zonent

Zeitgeist
02-02-2002, 06:21 AM
yeah im running 2k and get the same thing ag gonna try a diffferent char

alkrun
02-02-2002, 06:37 AM
Same thing here. I don't use eqw, but just running eqgame.exe I get dropped after character select.

alkrun
02-02-2002, 07:59 AM
I was using the 0.2.1 database and having this problem. I switched back to the 0.2.0 database and 0.2.1 is running fine for me now.

agvar
02-02-2002, 08:46 AM
eqgame.exe The instrucrion at 0X2100e097 referenced memory at 0X04ee2e30 memory could not be read this is with eqw

with eqgame.exe patchme it just crashes no error given

thought it might be the mini login so i tryed eqfrags login server still crashes

i'm running on xp home tryed both zone9x and zonent

ok tryed swaping data bases still no go same error

Baron Sprite
02-02-2002, 08:58 AM
got your colors at 16bit?

cbreaker
02-02-2002, 11:10 AM
I have tried all the suggestions here and I still crash to the desktop after character select.

kashiedin
02-02-2002, 05:37 PM
From the quick test's I've done, it looks like the crash is coming when you try to start in any other zone than qeynos, and since 2.1 implented starting cities for all races, this will cause a crash for everything not starting in qeynos. I'll have to see if I can write a quick patch

madborg
02-02-2002, 05:54 PM
From the quick test's I've done, it looks like the crash is coming when you try to start in any other zone than qeynos

???? see my added section
Actually its a database kickstart problem. It doesn't matter what zone you start in, until you kick start the db, the client will crash.
After the kickstart then the char can start anywhere.

What can kickstart the db? Possibly anything in the database with an update. There was a similar problem in 0.1.9.

The other cause of clients dying on zone entry are the two-box setups where the batch file IP addresses are not changed from 127.0.0.1.

I could undo my working version and see if I can get it back to the crashing state.

added
I deleted my db and started over. This time I just created the db and used db.sql and nothing else.

First character I created was a human in qeynos and did not have a problem entering. Second was in a different city and didn't have a problem.

It means that so far I can't recreate the problem.

Next step is to do it again, but not to create a char in qeynos.

kashiedin
02-02-2002, 06:31 PM
Whatever Madborg, it's been a while since I've done any serious coding so i was just asuming about the error. Anyway Here's the debug info from the zone window.

Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading items & NPCs...done.
Spells loaded from 'spdat.eff'.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Connected to worldserver: 127.0.0.1:9000
Entering sleep mode
Map: Maps\nektulos.map not found.
Error in LoadPlayerCorpses query 'SELECT id, charid, charname, x, y, z, heading,
data, time FROM player_corpses WHERE zonename='nektulos'' Table 'eq.player_corp
ses' doesn't exist
Reading zhdr file './cfg/nektulos.cfg
-----------
Zone server 'nektulos' listening on port:9002
-----------
New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port:2075
Login packet 1
Login packet 2
Login packet 3
Login packet 4
Login packet 5
Unkown opcode: 0xff21 size:60 <------ Crashes Here

madborg
02-02-2002, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kashiedin
Whatever Madborg, it's been a while since I've done any serious coding so i was just asuming about the error. Anyway Here's the debug info from the zone window.

I am not posting from knowledge, but just guesses and reporting what I see. I am now on my third pass where I have deleted my database again to try to reproduce the problem.

My first char was a gnome and I did not get a zone entry problem.
Most of what you have posted I got too except for the sql error for player corpse.

the rest of the squence looks like mine except I go on to 1f20 and don't crash.

Anyway my kickstart thing goes out the window. It it looks like I can start my first char in some other zone than qeynos.

Problem is I can't get it to crash.

I will try it again, completely from scratch.

added 2

.can't reproduce

After three complete attempts, I cannot reproduce the problem at all. I suspect that my earlier problem with the client crashing on char enter had nothing to do with the problem that other people reported. At this point I have no idea what causes the problem or any work around.

I give up completely on this one.

kashiedin
02-02-2002, 07:46 PM
The corpse error was because I was trying a stripped down version of the database to see if it would affect anything.

Strange, Every character i create now has no problems, but the first one does still

Shawn319
02-03-2002, 12:03 AM
I get the memory error too.

using 2.1 out of the box (virgin 2.1 DB), eqw 2.2 with a human monk starting in qeynos and using minilogin.. btw i tried connecting to gotfrags and i get memory error there too.

Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading items & NPCs...done.
Spells loaded from 'spdat.eff'.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Connected to worldserver: 127.0.0.1:9000
Entering sleep mode
Map: Maps\qeynos.map not found.
Reading zhdr file './cfg/qeynos.cfg'
-----------
Zone server 'qeynos' listening on port:9005
-----------
New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port:1617
Login packet 1
Login packet 2
Login packet 3 <--- Crashed here

flipper
02-03-2002, 06:28 AM
0.2.1 worked fine for me the first time out of the gate. I made a Barbarian (Halas) and I got into the game just fine. I also made a human character and that worked as well.

Before installing 0.2.1 I deleted my old eq database and made a brand spanking new one using the db.sql included in 0.2.1. I also used gotfrags (not the minilogin).

==Flipper==

madborg
02-03-2002, 12:10 PM
several people were having problems with 0.2.1 yesterday, including myself.

Unfortunately there was no "one" answer that came out of the attempts.

Here are the more promising answers:
-start in qeynos with your first character
-kick start the db with an update to the character location or startzone
-use a previous db

I have completed deleted my database and rebuilt it 3 times to try to get the crash and I haven't been able to.

kashiedin
02-03-2002, 04:09 PM
I have 2 Databases, and one works fine and the other will crash every time. Both are the new 2.1 db, both with Drawde's .4 data, the only difference is the name of the db.